It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 19:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke's Big News - Check it out!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 210 [0], given: 2

Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Duke's Big News - Check it out! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2008, 18:11
Everyone -

I was at Duke watching the set up for our upcoming big announcement, and they are pulling out the stops!

Come see what the fuss is about: http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/globalwebcast/

- aau

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke's Big News - Check it out! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2008, 16:04
Are they going to open so many business schools??? Do you think it will be successful ?

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 765 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2008, 16:08
I dont really get it...are they just announcing partnering with other schools or are they opening a bunch of new schools.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 16

Schools: Duke 2012

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2008, 16:17
It seems like this program isn't necessarily geared towards the students that would be attending the normal daytime MBA. Is it even relevant if you would have been a normal daytime MBA?

I'm confused too.

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 16

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 187 [0], given: 0

Schools: Stern, McCombs, Marshall, Wharton

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2008, 16:26
The way I understand it is that they are opening 5 campuses around the world (China, India, Russia, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom). All of the programs will be offered at all of the campuses. But the big deal is the cross continent program that lets you study at each location and then finishing up at the North Carolina campus.

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 203 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2008, 17:47
gixxer1000 wrote:
The way I understand it is that they are opening 5 campuses around the world (China, India, Russia, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom). All of the programs will be offered at all of the campuses. But the big deal is the cross continent program that lets you study at each location and then finishing up at the North Carolina campus.

That's pretty much how I understand it as well. I imagine once the programs are fully setup and functional there might be more opportunities to spend a semester studying at the alternate campuses for the Daytime students. In the announcement they mentioned something about having partners at each location....I'm curious as to what role those folks will play....

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2008, 18:04
I think the dancers were the oddest part of the whole video...bonus points if those were students though.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Director
Director

Schools: Stern, McCombs, Marshall, Wharton

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2008, 18:16
riverripper wrote:
I think the dancers were the oddest part of the whole video...bonus points if those were students though.

I got the whole ideal of incorporating the 5 countries, but the beginning was a little weird. It just started with Kali the Goddess of time and change who is also associated with death and destruction and sometimes presented as dark and violent. I think maybe their should have been some type of introduction.

SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2008, 18:54
riverripper wrote:

While the dancers were strange (wasn't the biggest fan, the first one involving the gals in blue was odd and had a strange cabaret vibe)...I have to say it's the first b-school related video I've seen that involves a Beatles cover band. :wink:

SVP
SVP

Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2008, 06:40
ac8706 wrote:
riverripper wrote:

While the dancers were strange (wasn't the biggest fan, the first one involving the gals in blue was odd and had a strange cabaret vibe)...I have to say it's the first b-school related video I've seen that involves a Beatles cover band. :wink:

We're all hoping for rock bands during lunch every monday. that would wake me up after corp fin, that's for sure!

more info: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/92cd6cd4-82bb ... ck_check=1

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/co ... op+stories

SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2008, 08:33
It would be pretty swell if they leveraged these campuses for more opportunities to study abroad for the full-time day students - like something over the December breaks, etc.

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 6

Schools: Tuck

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2008, 14:39
ac8706 wrote:
It would be pretty swell if they leveraged these campuses for more opportunities to study abroad for the full-time day students - like something over the December breaks, etc.

I agree. I'm still kinda confused what the new campuses mean for the everyday MBA student.

RF

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 6

Re: Duke's Big News - Check it out!   [#permalink] 19 Sep 2008, 14:39

Duke's Big News - Check it out!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap