GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Jul 2018, 11:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

EMBA Anderson vs Ross ($$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

EMBA

• 0% [0]
  • 100% [2]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: UCLA EMBA"20 (A)
GMAT 1: 800 Q60 V60
GPA: 3.5
EMBA Anderson vs Ross ($$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 29 Mar 2018, 14:56
I got admitted to both Anderson and Ross EMBA programs for the class of 2020.
These two schools have pretty much the same reputation and rankings.
I live in SoCal so I only applied to only these two schools because of location.
For those who may not know, Ross has EMBA cohort in LA, the same faculty from Ann Arbor.

As the deadline to make the deposit is less than a week away, I have to decide one.
I like to switch my career from engineering to product management, but still in tech.

Anderson
- all students in one location
- larger network in west coast?
- global programs available (immersion and exchange)

Ross
- larger alumni in big tech companies (Apple, Google, MS, FB, Amazon) - at least from linkedin search
- better known school for tech
- smaller number of student in LA and it is not the main campus.

Ross offered me $15K scholarship which Anderson did not.
As Anderson tuition is about 7-8K cheaper, scholarship from Ross many not be a big deal.

I see a lot of comparison and reviews about Full Time MBA for these two schools, but not much for EMBAs.
I would like to stay in the west coast for the next few years (4-5 years) and may want to explore opportunities in other regions or other countries.

Has anyone seen one school stands out better than the other in terms of reputation in your organization and alumni network, etc?
I am just trying to get some advice before making the final decision.
Thanks.

Originally posted by curtispark on 15 Mar 2018, 21:56.
Last edited by curtispark on 29 Mar 2018, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: EMBA Anderson vs Ross ($$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 13:34
For what its worth, I had the exact same decision as you a year ago (plus USC), and decided on Ross. I couldn't be happier with my decision. One year into the program I am so glad I picked Ross. Any day that I wear a Michigan t-shirt in Southern California is filled with shouts of "Go Blue" and often interesting conversations with Michigan alumni. Remember, it's not just Ross alumni you are interested in, but all Michigan alumni, of which there are many in SoCal.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 13:51
ProspectMBA wrote:
For what its worth, I had the exact same decision as you a year ago (plus USC), and decided on Ross. I couldn't be happier with my decision. One year into the program I am so glad I picked Ross. Any day that I wear a Michigan t-shirt in Southern California is filled with shouts of "Go Blue" and often interesting conversations with Michigan alumni. Remember, it's not just Ross alumni you are interested in, but all Michigan alumni, of which there are many in SoCal.

Can you share what your decision factor was and what your industry is?
I appreciate it.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 21:07
curtispark wrote:
ProspectMBA wrote:

Can you share what your decision factor was and what your industry is?
I appreciate it.

I'm in Tech. I spent time visiting each program, attending multiple events. I felt a greater connection at the Ross events than the others. Also, Michigan places well in tech, and the career services offerings are beneficial. Since I've been in the program, I've been impressed and surprised by the amount of knowledge I have gained that has been directly usable in my current company. I received a promotion 4 months into the EMBA program, and can honestly say that Ross contributed to this.
Intern
Intern
B
EMBA Anderson vs Ross ($$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 14:54
Anyone here in the same boat as I am this year and selected Anderson over Ross?
I have talked several people who chose Ross over Anderson, but not those who chose Anderson over Ross.
EMBA Anderson vs Ross ($$) &nbs [#permalink] 29 Mar 2018, 14:54

EMBA Anderson vs Ross ($$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap