Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:17 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:17

International Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jul 15, 21
Interviewed on:
Jul 15, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
""I was interviewed by Sharlene Bell. Very easygoing and conversational interview. She specifically mentioned that it was meant to be informal. The questions were: - Why MBA? - Why now? - Give me an example of dealing with conflict in a group - Have you handled Diversity? - Challenges for your RSM MBA - Will you join with family , have you thought about the challenges? - You have applied to other colleges - Why and Why RSM stands out? That's i!! pretty straightforward questions. I hope this helps. Goodluck"
10 years
India
Debrief posted on  May 27, 21
Interviewed on:
May 25, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview tone was a mix of casual and formal depending on the type of question and went on for about 35 minutes, with additional time for follow-up questions. The following topics (but not limited to) were discussed: Introduce yourself Why an MBA right now Difficult conversations Leadership outside of the workplace Travelling experiences Conflict resolution Leadership style Staying motivated at work Underperforming teammates Post-MBA targets Plan B The flow of questions was smooth, one leading into another. All my questions were answered in the end, taking about 15 minutes."
This user wants to stay Private
Debrief posted on  Sep 11, 20
Interviewed on:
Aug 5, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was interviewed by Brandon Kirby. It was a very relaxed and pleasant experience. Questions included: - why MBA - why Erasmus - why now - what do you want to get out of the programme / how do you want to evolve - how would your colleagues / people you manage describe you - did you apply anywhere else? Why? Why would you pick Erasmus over the other school/s. I had around 20min to ask questions. I would summarise the interview as a nice friendly conversation. If you know your strengths, weaknesses, and why you want to do an MBA at Erasmus, you should not be worried or stressed at all. Just make sure you have some examples of situations when you talk about your ambitions, where you want to improve, how others see you, challenges you have overcome etc Good luck :)"
8.3 years
Interviewed on:
Aug 21, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewed with Sharlene Bell. It lasted about 45 minutes. It felt like a job interview but the interviewer was cordial all throughout. Though she will ask you to clarify if the answers were vague or doesn't respond to the prompt. Some questions: - Why MBA? - Post-MBA goals. Plan A, B after MBA - Dealing with conflict - Weaknesses and strengths - Greatest failure"
Interviewed on:
Sep 11, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was interviewed by Carrie Fok. Very easygoing and conversational interview. She specifically mentioned that it was meant to be informal and that she'd prefer answers through storytelling. The questions were: - Why MBA? - Why now? - Give me an example of dealing with conflict in a group - A question on how I managed an underperforing employee on my team - Career goals after your MBA She patiently answered all of my questions, taking 15-20 mins to do so."
India
Debrief posted on  Jul 23, 20
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Jul 17, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview started with casual talk, Vasilis has been interviewing students for a very long time and he knows how to get students engaged. The interview lasted for 1 hour 10 minutes. Here are the questions: 1. Tell me more about you and walk me through your resume. 2. Why so many jumps in the work experience?  3. Why MBA now? Give four reasons. 4. Post-MBA goals. 5. Target companies. 6. According to your teammates, what is your weakness? 7. During the MBA program at RSM, if you come across a conflict with your peers, who hail from diverse backgrounds, what will be your approach to resolve the conflict? 8. How will your friends describe you in three words? 9. What is the one time you failed, in your professional experience, and what did you learn from it? 10. If given an opportunity to work on a project, would you be the one who leads or the one who follows? 11. If you get selected in both IE and RSM, what will be your criteria to pick one? (I had mentioned IE in the application) 12. Upon the completion of the MBA program at RSM, what is that one quality you'd expect to develop, which you'd wish to gain? 13. Do you have international work experience? Have you been outside India? 14. Imagine that you have been selected and you're in the flight which takes off to Amsterdam, there's an anxiety of moving to a different country and a lot of emotional challenges. How will you deal with this? 15. A few questions pertaining to my essay. And the interview ended with 2 questions that I asked.   His questions were super specific, read tricky, for example, he didn't ask which school I would choose if I get to pick between RSM and IE, he asked what would be my criteria to select one. That was very clever.  I didn't expect a question about emotional challenges as well. The interview was very interesting. For IE I was interviewed by an alumnus so it seemed like a cakewalk, but this one was quite precarious because Vasilis is not only an RSM alum but also the admissions and marketing director at RSM. He knows which questions can make the students falter. My advice to ace an RSM interview is: 1. Thoroughly check your essays, go through your work experience and rest of the application. They dig into it. 2. Check the website. It is pure gold. Witnessing that you know more than the surface seems impressive. 3. Be ready to come across unanticipated questions. Because if you do not, it might crumble your confidence.  Hope this helps. :)"
Debrief posted on  Mar 30, 20
Interviewed on:
Mar 5, 20
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"It most definitely did. I interviewed with Sharlene. The questions were basic and were as follows: 1) Why MBA? 2) Why RSM? 3) Questions on leadership, conflicts, failures 4) Questions on the essay 5) Questions on the CV 6) Things I want to learn from RSM"
India
Debrief posted on  Mar 9, 20
Interviewed on:
Mar 2, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I finished my interview with the adcom head Ms. Carrie Fok. It was quite conversational and informal. I'll mention a few questions which I remember: 1. Why MBA? Why RSM? Why now? 2. Describe your current role 3. Your strengths, weaknesses and what have you learnt from them 4. Conflict management, Failure management: Mechanism and learning 5. What have you learnt from other cultures you interact with For preparation, I'd suggest you to go through your CV, essays and your strengths and weaknesses Hope this helps. :)"
Debrief posted on  Jul 18, 18
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Jun 19, 18
Final Decision:
Invited to Interview
"Hello! I just had my interview today. It was just one interviewer. Duration was around 30 min, + 15 min my question. I could say that the interviewer indeed read my essays and CV, even checked the web site of the company where I work. Prepare answers to how your colleagues would describe you in 3 words of phrases, what they would name as your weakness etc. Make sure to prepare your questions to them to show you ve done your research and want to know far beyond that is mentioned on the web site. No case to solve or anything like that."
Russian Federation
Debrief posted on  Jun 19, 18
Interviewed on:
Jun 18, 18
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interview went nice, the interviewer was not making it stresfull and was very kind. Only personal questions, mostly around my motivation and my personal qualities (how my colleagues would describe me in 3 words, and what could they name as my weakness and area of improvement). I could see that the interviewer definitely read my essays and CV, even checked the web site of the company where I am currently working. I prepared quite detailed list of questions far beyond the infromation which could be found on the web site, I think this left good impression. In general i would say that my impression of the interview is consistent with that is described here: https://www.general-ed.com/rotterdam-interview-experience"
10 years
Russian Federation