GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Mar 2020, 06:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ESR Evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Premium Member CAT Tests
ESR Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 09:41
I took the GMAT this weekend for the second time, scoring a 650 (Q48, V32). Since I do not have enough posts to attach a PDF, below is the text version of my ESR.

My first attempt was during the first week of January 2020, in which I scored a 590 (Q47, V25). Please note that I ran out of time and guessed on the last 6 questions for verbal on the first test, making that ESR not very useful.

I have been studying consistently for four months now, averaging roughly 30-35 hours per week. I came into this exam feeling very strong, and I believe I failed to apply the tactics I’ve learned and rather “went through the motions” in verbal. I feel that I did not complete enough practice questions and spent too much time reviewing concepts.

I was hoping I could gain guidance on how to prepare for my retake in ~3 weeks. Specifically, I was wondering if I should focus more on solving problems and repetition for verbal, or touching-up on the concepts for verbal such as grammar and CR/RC question types. I do not plan on applying for graduate school any time soon, but I have set a deadline to earn my goal GMAT score by the end of the spring for time management reasons.

As for my study habits, I have been using Target Test Prep for quant and EmpowerGMAT for verbal. Additionally, I have been taking Veritas CATs once per week and attempting OG problems on most days. I also read the Manhattan Quant and Verbal Guides.

As for some additional information, my goal score is 730 and below is information regarding my recent Veritas CATs. I completed all the Manhattan and Official CATs before my first official GMAT, which is why those CATs are not mentioned below.

January 19 - 660 (Q45 V36)
January 26 - 650 (Q44 V35)
February 3 - 650 (Q49 V31)
February 9 - 690 (Q49 V36)
February 16 - 650 (Q47 V33)
February 19 - 660 (Q46 V38)

I am hoping to increase my verbal score significantly, and I would also like to improve my quant score to 50 since I feel that my 48 did not go as smoothly as it could have.

Thank you for your time!

Overall GMAT Exam Performance
YOUR GMAT TOTAL SCORE:
650 (73rd percentile)
• Your GMAT Total score of 650 is higher than 73% of GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years.
o Your Integrated Reasoning score of 5 is higher than 52% of GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years.
o Your Verbal score of 32 is higher than 66% of GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years.
o Your Quantitative score of 48 is higher than 67% of GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years.
• Your Quantitative score of 48 and your Verbal score of 32 were used to calculate your GMAT Total score. Especially strong or weak scores on either section significantly impacts the GMAT Total score.

PERCENTILE RANKINGS COMPARE YOUR PERFORMANCE TO 3 YEARS OF GMAT EXAMS
SAMPLE SIZE:: 739,752
TIME MANAGEMENT BY SECTION
• Your mean response time for Integrated Reasoning questions was 2:44 minutes. The Mean response time for this section is 2:23 minutes.
• Your mean response time for Quantitative questions was 1:57 minutes. The Mean response time for this section is 1:55 minutes.
• Your mean response time for Verbal questions was 1:41 minutes. The Mean response time for this section is 1:44 minutes.

Verbal Section Performance

YOUR OVERALL VERBAL SCORE:
32 (66th percentile)

• Your Verbal score of 32 is higher than 66% of GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years. The mean score for this section is 27.08.
• Your performance on Critical Reasoning questions was equivalent to a score of 29, which is better than 53% of GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years. The mean score for this sub-section is 27.57.
o Your performance of 50% on Analysis/Critique questions is considered Weak.
o Your performance of 25% on Construction/Plan questions is considered Very Weak.
• Your performance on Reading Comprehension questions was equivalent to a score of 41, which is better than 88% of GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years. The mean score for this sub-section is 27.24.
o Your performance of 100% on Identify Inferred Idea questions is considered Very Strong.
o Your performance of 80% on Identify Stated Idea questions is considered Above Average.
• Your performance on Sentence Correction questions was equivalent to a score of 29, which is better than 54% of GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years. The mean score for this sub-section is 27.27.
o Your performance of 66% on Grammar questions is considered Above Average.
o Your performance of 33% on Communication questions is considered Weak.
• You completed 36 questions in the Verbal section.
• You responded correctly to 75% of the first set of questions, 71% of the second set of questions, 57% of the third set of questions and 38% of the final set of questions.
• The average difficulty of questions presented to you in the first set of questions was Medium, the average for the second set of questions was Medium , the average for the third set of questions was Medium and was Medium for the final set of questions.
• The average time it took you to respond to the first set of questions presented was 1:44, the average time for the second set of questions was 2:30, the average time for the third set of questions was 1:22 and 1:11 for the final set of questions.

MEAN SCORE:
27.08 (46th percentile)
Definition
The three year mean GMAT Verbal score is 27.1. This score is better than 46% of GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years.

TIME MANAGEMENT - VERBAL
• In the first set of questions you answered 75% correctly and 25% incorrectly.
• In the second set of questions you answered 71% correctly and 29% incorrectly.
• In the third set of questions you answered 57% correctly and 43% either incorrectly or did not answer.
• In the final set of questions you answered 38% correctly and 62% either incorrectly or did not answer.

VERBAL PERFORMANCE PROGRESSION:
• In the first set of questions you answered 75% correctly and 25% incorrectly.
• In the second set of questions you answered 71% correctly and 29% incorrectly.
• In the third set of questions you answered 57% correctly and 43% either incorrectly or did not answer.
• In the final set of questions you answered 38% correctly and 62% either incorrectly or did not answer.

DIFFICULTY OF VERBAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
Average Difficulty of questions answered correctly/incorrectly broken down into four sections.
• In the first set of questions the average level of difficulty for questions presented to you was Medium.
• In the second set of questions the average level of difficulty for questions presented to you was Medium.
• In the third set of questions the average level of difficulty for questions presented to you was Medium.
• In the final set of questions the average level of difficulty for questions presented to you was Medium.

VERBAL TIME MANAGEMENT:
Average time per correct response:
• In the first set of questions you spent an average of 1:38 minutes on each correct answer and 2:01 minutes on each incorrect answer.
• In the second set of questions you spent an average of 2:36 minutes on each correct answer and 2:17 minutes on each incorrect answer.
• In the third set of questions you spent an average of 1:12 minutes on each correct answer and 1:36 minutes on each incorrect answer.
• In the final set of questions you spent an average of 1:34 minutes on each correct answer and 0:57 minutes on each incorrect answer.

• Your Quantitative score of 48 is higher than 67% of GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years. The mean score for this section is 40.2.
• Your performance on Problem Solving questions was equivalent to a score of 47. Your score is better than 60% of all sub-section scores recorded in the past three years. The mean for all test takers is 40.2.
• Your performance on Data Sufficiency questions was equivalent to a score of 48. Your score is better than 63% of all sub-section scores recorded in the past three years. The mean for all test takers is 40.17.
• Your performance on Arithmetic questions was equivalent to a score of 48. Your score is better than 64% of all sub-section scores recorded in the past three years. The mean for all test takers is 40.33.
• Your performance on Algebra/Geometry questions was equivalent to a score of 47. Your score is better than 59% of all sub-section scores recorded in the past three years. The mean for all test takers is 40.1.
• Your performance of 50% on Geometry questions is considered Weak.
• Your performance of 80% on Rates/Ratio/Percent questions is considered Above Average.
• Your performance of 90% on Value/Order/Factors questions is considered Strong.
• Your performance of 60% on Equal./Inequal./Alg. questions is considered Average.
• Your performance of 50% on Counting/Sets/Series questions is considered Weak.
• You completed 31 questions in the Quantitative section.
• You responded correctly to 71% of the first set of questions, 100% of the second set of questions, 43% of the third set of questions and 71% of the final set of questions..
• The average difficulty of questions presented to you in the first set of questions was Medium, the average for the second set of questions was Medium High, the average for the third set of questions was Medium High and was Medium High for the final set of questions.
• The average time it took you to respond to the first set of questions presented was 2:13, the average time for the second set of questions was 2:14, the average time for the third set of questions was 2:12 and 1:09 for the final set of questions.

MEAN SCORE
40.2 (38th percentile)
Definition
The three year mean GMAT Quantitative score is 40.2. This score is better than 38% of GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years.

TIME MANAGEMENT - QUANTITATIVE
• Your mean response time for Quant questions was 1:57, compared to the mean of all sub-section scores recorded in the past three years which was 1:55.
• Your mean response time for Problem Solving questions was 1:52, compared to the mean of all sub-section scores recorded in the past three years which was 2:07.
• Your mean response time for Data Sufficiency questions was 2:05, compared to the mean of all sub-section scores recorded in the past three years which was 1:42.
• Your mean response time for Arithmetic questions was 2:04, compared to the mean of all sub-section scores recorded in the past three years which was 1:55.
• Your mean response time for Algebra/Geometry questions was 1:48, compared to the mean of all sub-section scores recorded in the past three years which was 1:55.

MEAN TIME FOR ALL TEST TAKERS:
1:55 minutes
Definition
For all GMAT Exam scores recorded in the past three years the mean time to complete a question in the Quantitative section is 1:55 minutes.

QUANTITATIVE PERFORMANCE PROGRESSION:
Definition

Average Difficulty of questions answered correctly/incorrectly broken down into four sections.
• In the first set of questions you answered 71% correctly and 29% incorrectly.
• In the second set of questions you answered 100% correctly and 0% incorrectly.
• In the third set of questions you answered 43% correctly and 57% either incorrectly or did not answer.
• In the final set of questions you answered 71% correctly and 29% either incorrectly or did not answer.

DIFFICULTY OF QUANTITATIVE QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
• In the first set of questions the average level of difficulty for questions presented to you was Medium.
• In the second set of questions the average level of difficulty for questions presented to you was Medium High.
• In the third set of questions the average level of difficulty for questions presented to you was Medium High.
• In the final set of questions the average level of difficulty for questions presented to you was Medium High.

QUANTITATIVE TIME MANAGEMENT:
Average time per correct response:
• In the first set of questions you spent an average of 2:22 minutes on each correct answer and 1:49 minutes on each incorrect answer.
• In the second set of questions you spent an average of 2:14 minutes on each correct answer and 0:00 minutes on each incorrect answer.
• In the third set of questions you spent an average of 2:08 minutes on each correct answer and 2:16 minutes on each incorrect answer.
• In the final set of questions you spent an average of 1:26 minutes on each correct answer and 0:27 minutes on each incorrect answer.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: ESR Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 13:10
Hi sunstreet12,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day did not go as well as planned. When these types of score drops occur, the two likely "causes" involve either something that was unrealistic during practice or something that was surprising (or not accounted for) on Test Day. Before we discuss any of those potential issues though, I would like to see your ESR. You can feel free to email it directly to me (at Rich.C@empowergmat.com).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 14:34
Hi sunstreet12,

I've sent you a PM with an analysis of your ESR and some additional notes and questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 17:03
Hi sunstreet12,

First off, Q48 is a very nice start. Regarding TTP, could you tell me how much of the course you completed? Regarding your plan moving forward, I’m going to send you a DM, so we can chat further. We’ll get this figured out.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
197 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Intern
Intern
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 17:13
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi sunstreet12,

First off, Q48 is a very nice start. Regarding TTP, could you tell me how much of the course you completed? Regarding your plan moving forward, I’m going to send you a DM, so we can chat further. We’ll get this figured out.

Sounds great, thank you. In regard to my course completion, I read through each chapter and completed the below Chapter Tests.

- Completed every test at each difficulty for chapters 1-5.
- Followed the one month plan strategy of completing a minimum of four tests for each of the remaining chapters (6-19).

Please note that for the one month plan, I typically began with medium difficulty for the first test and then completed the remaining tests on hard difficulty.
V

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2020, 18:47
sunstreet12 wrote:
Hi sunstreet12,

Sounds great, thank you. In regard to my course completion, I read through each chapter and completed the below Chapter Tests.

- Followed the one month plan strategy of completing a minimum of four tests for each of the remaining chapters (6-19).

Please note that for the one month plan, I typically began with medium difficulty for the first test and then completed the remaining tests on hard difficulty.

Can you tell me exactly what percent of the course you completed?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
197 Reviews

self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Intern
Intern
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2020, 18:58
sunstreet12 wrote:
Hi sunstreet12,

Can you tell me exactly what percent of the course you completed?

I have completed 61% of the course, as well as 88% of the lessons and 73% of the problems.
V

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2020, 17:10
sunstreet12 wrote:

I have completed 61% of the course, as well as 88% of the lessons and 73% of the problems.

Wow, so if you can complete the entire course, I bet you can improve your quant score even more!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
197 Reviews

self study course

GMAT Club Bot
Re: ESR Evaluation   [#permalink] 03 Mar 2020, 17:10

ESR Evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k