Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 17:38 It is currently 02 May 2024, 17:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1307 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11672 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: ESR Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi xiao1058,

First off, a 710/Q47 is an outstanding Score, so you can comfortably apply to any Schools that interest you. Since you're interested in some highly-competitive Programs, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. Those Experts should be able to answer your Admissions questions and help define the specific areas of your profile that could use some improvement. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

There's obviously no harm in continuing to study and retesting, but before we get to the data in your ESR, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) When are you planning to apply to School? If it's sometime soon, then what specific application deadlines are you facing?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply! Please find my answers to your questions below:

1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?

I have studied for six months while working full-time. I have spent around 3-4 hours a day studying and have clocked about 500 hours total.

2) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?

I currently use the Target Test Prep course in conjunction with the official MBA practice tests. I have taken 4 of the 6 official practice tests.

3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Official Practice Test 1- 03/01/22 - Q44, V32, Total: 630
Official Practice Test 2- 03/11/22 - Q47, V41, Total: 710
Official Practice Test 3- 03/18/22 - Q48, V35, Total: 690
Official Practice Test 5- 03/27/22 - Q42, V38, Total: 650

(Now that I'm writing this out, it seems my Quant is stronger than my Verbal?)

4) When are you planning to apply to School? If it's sometime soon, then what specific application deadlines are you facing?

Actually, I'm not planning on applying until 3 years from now. I graduated from undergrad in 2020 and am currently working. I want to gain more work experience before applying so that I have a stronger application. However, I'm in a time in my life where I have quite a bit of time for studying so I want to get the GMAT out of the way before I get busier later.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22121 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
ESR Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi xiao1058,

710 is a very nice start! Why don't you reach out to us on live chat, and we can discuss how you can proceed from here.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11672 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi xiao1058,

I've sent you a PM with an analysis of your ESR and some additional questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 65046 [1]
Given Kudos: 430
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
xiao1058 wrote:
Hi Experts!

First, thank you for all your help and advice on this forum. I have benefited a great deal from your explanations.

I sat for my first official GMAT yesterday after months of study and am thrilled to report that I scored a 710 (Q47, V40). My condition before the exam wasn't great so I was really surprised that I got a 700+ score. While I know that I did well and am really happy with the result, I would like to increase my score to at least a 740 to have the best shot at my target schools (Wharton, Booth, etc.) I think there are definitely some concepts, in both Quant and Verbal, that I still struggle with, such as inequalities/ratios and CR. I was surprised to find that I performed worse in problem solving than in DS, despite the reverse being true when I took my mocks.

I would greatly appreciate your comments on my ESR. Also, if you have any specific resources that you think would be helpful, please let me know! I'm planning on retaking the exam sometime in April.

Thank you so much :)

Though 710 is a good score, I agree that for the top ten, a second attempt is warranted. Not because 710 is not good enough but because Q47 is not. I would want at least a Q49 before applying. V40 & IR8 are great!
I see that mostly your timing is spot on except in Arithmetic. You take longer (or perhaps there were one or two Arithmetic questions in which you far exceeded the avg available 2 mins and hence your avg increased) though I would expect one to take less time in it. With the use of ratios, one can solve most of these questions in under a minute.
I have modules discussing inequalities, ratios and other arithmetic topics on my website. You can check those out for topic specific improvement.
https://anglesandarguments.com/study-module
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot for your advice, Experts!!
GMAT Club Bot