GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 03:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Essay Analysis for Said MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.33
Essay Analysis for Said MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2018, 07:08
Dear Sir/Mam,

I am in the process of applying for Said MBA 2018-2019 batch.
While going through the essay topics I was very confused as to how to approach the first essay.
Request you to provide valuable insights on the below essay topic

'Consider a statistic or trend that shocks you. Why it is important to you and how could it be changed for the better?'

Regards
Abhishek Thakur
Intern
Intern
Re: Essay Analysis for Said MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 00:02
Do you mean admission essay?
Yes, admission essay is very very important, I would say the most important in the whole admission process.
I advise you on searching for some good admission essay writer at essay writing service, there are people who are ex admission board members so they know what look and content your admission essay should have.
Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 15:00
thaks25, ideally you want to choose a statistic or trend that's related somehow to your post-grad career goals. This is a chance to show the impact you want to have in your career -- in other words, how does what you want to change about this statistic relate to the change you want to drive or the impact you want to have in your career once armed with the MBA? This is also a chance for you to explain why this industry/issue (and likewise your goals) matter to you. Of all the things you could do with your life & career, why is this area your passion?

And it goes without saying that you also want to have very specific post-grad career goals. They want to see the title you're aiming for in the ST & LT as well as your 2-3 target firms. Or, if you plan to start a business, you'll need to be ready to explain what problem you'll be solving or what unmet need you'll be filling as well as how you plant to differentiate yourself from the competition. And then, like I said, what you plan to DO in those goals (whether working for a company or starting your own) will be ideally be related to this statistic or trend.

And then...you'll be all set up to make your argument for why you need the MBA (and why SAID in particular) to get there. Although save that for another time - that's not something to include in this essay. But your career goals do form the basis for your "why MBA"/"why our school" argument.

Let me know if that helps!

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2019, 23:44
MBA programs prefer students with 2-4 years work experience after the first degree. Some accept students right out of college if they have good grades and a high GMAT score.

Essay Analysis for Said MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Admissionado