It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 21:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Essay Tips for 2015 intake

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Essay Tips for 2015 intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 04:53
The Said Oxford application retains all its essays from last year. This mix of expected and unexpected, standard and creative questions give you an interesting way to express yourself and present a differentiated application.

What should Oxford expect from you? (maximum 500 words)
The breadth of the question allows you to explore almost anything under the sun that is related to you and relatable to Oxford. You bring with you your past experiences, expertise, accomplishments, strengths, weaknesses, passions, interests, integrity, dedication and potential to make a great Oxford alum.

Before writing the essay think: What kind of person am I? What am I passionate about? What are my key beliefs and how do I translate them into action? What makes me tick? What are ideas and philosophies that drive me? What are my qualities and strengths that have fueled my success - and in turn how do these achievements underline my approach to life and work? Also consider- what are the characteristics that you believe will differentiate you in a group of high-reaching professionals?

Ask yourself these and more questions and then relate it to what it would imply about your proposed association with Said Business School, Oxford University.

Since the next essay is partial to your professional life try to show more of your personal side in this one.

You can include your plans to get involved with Oxford community while in the business school and later on becoming an alum. Exhibiting specific knowledge of, passion for and fit with Oxford will be an added advantage.

How do you hope to see your career developing over the next 5 years? How will the MBA and Oxford assist you in the development of these ambitions? (maximum 500 words)
Oxford Said focuses specifically on a medium term career span of five years. As a first step reflect deeply on your post-Said short term and long term goals. Think about why you are taking all the trouble of applying to Said Oxford in the first place. It is essential that you be totally realistic and as specific as possible while detailing your goals. Be specific, both about the industry and the role you are seeking, and why. If possible briefly develop a realistic association between your past, present and future career moves.

This tight focus of 5 years both limits and expands the scope of the Oxford goals essay. The limitation is in how much you can write about your long term career aspirations. On the other hand a good Oxford Said essay should be able to use the hard focus on the five year period to strengthen the credibility of your application with a logical, thematic approach. If your goals are more than ordinarily ambitious write credibly about those qualities/skills that qualify you to make those goals a reality. While credibility, logic and realism are critical, the magic element that will transform your essay from a statement into a pledge would be - passion.

'Why Said Oxford', is a critical, implicit component of this essay. Use application, research and intelligence to look beyond cutting/pasting info gleaned from the Oxford website and make a compelling argument to make a convincing "fit" with Said. Personalize your answer as much as possible and find as many matches between what Said specifically (and if possible, uniquely) offers you and your future goals.

Read the entire collection of essays and tips here
www.vibranture.com/essay/tips/said-oxfo ... g-tips.htm

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 23

Essay Tips for 2015 intake   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2015, 04:53

Essay Tips for 2015 intake

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap