It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 15:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

European Candidate with MBA

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 43

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: INSEAD Jan '17
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
European Candidate with MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2015, 14:44
Dear All,
I am a prospective applicant to INSEAD full-time MBA program from Europe.
I have a 720 GMAT score, a 4 GPA and a 4-year work experience in Engineering in the Energy sector. I also have a work experience as Management Consultant (at BCG)

I would like to know whether my application would be considered from the INSEAD admission comitee, given I already have an MBA from a lower rank local European school (this is a tale of leadership, perseverance and ability to cope with challenges which I will detail into my essays).

I have obviously been thinking deeply about the rationale of pursuing a second MBA for me and I found that the INSEAD MBA program really fits with my future international aspirations, the skills and the enviroment I need to pursue my career goals, building on the foundations I have set since now.

I really feel INSEAD is what I want and need and I can contribute to the INSEAD experience.

I would use the essay n°5 to explain in detail the rationale and fit for a second, truly international MBA at INSEAD.

Would my previous MBA completely prevent me from being considered for admission? Will this in any case dramatically lower my chances of admission?

Thank you in advance
Best Regards

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 43

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: European Candidate with MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 03:09
Paul, hope you manage to get in.
We had a people with Harvard fellowships and also people with MBA from the other schools - this doesnt perevnt admission comittee from making a descision on you.

feel free to contact me.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 7

Re: European Candidate with MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2016, 05:18
Thank you for posting your profile.

It would help to demonstrate a clear need or how the INSEAD MBA would benefit you. Knowing the details of the INSEAD program, including electives, and highlighting these would help mitigate the potential of your previous MBA lowering the chances of admission.

Check if you can get exemptions from the basic core courses and replace these with electives that would align with your post MBA goals.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!.

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 7

Re: European Candidate with MBA   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2016, 05:18