Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Evaluate my profile [#permalink]
MSFHQ wrote:
I think you'll get into some of those programs, probably the weaker ones. The GMAT is what is hurting you. A 670 isn't horrible, but European schools like to see higher stats. That being said, you look to be top of your class in undergrad (important) and CFA L3 is great. HEC is going to be the toughest one to get into.

Hey,
I see your quite the expert on here! Could you evaluate my profile please?
I am a white italian female and I graduated from Bocconi University (top European business school) with a GPA of 102/110. I was an exchange student at Olin during my senior year and achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.52 there.
GRE V 164 Q157
TOEFL 117 but I am requesting a waiver since I completed my bachelor in English.
work experience:
- Foreign commercial service intern at US Consulate in Milan
- summer analyst at BlackRock in London
- summer operations intern at Amazon UK
- currently finance analyst intern at Amazon Italy

I want to apply to Olin and Mcombs. Also how do you feel about scholarship possibilities? would it be easier to get one at Ohio state?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Send PM
Re: Evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Hey @msfq,

I am having a hard time to decide on the Universities best suited for my profile.
I would really appreciate your inputs. I am posting my details below:

Nationality: Indian
Qualification: B.com Honours, University of Delhi and Cleared CFA Level II, Cfa Institute USA
GMAT Score: 660 (Q48 V34), IR 7, AWA (not released-waiting for the result)
Undergrad Score: 78.63% (Considered First division)
Academic Scholarship:
1. Received one for my undergraduate studies.
2. Twice from the CFA Institute - Access Scholarship
High school score: 94.4%
Internship:
1. PepsiCo, India - Finance Department
2. Sabio Capital, an Investment management startup in India
Work Experience:
1. A fin-tech startup in Equity Research - 1 year 4 months - Held positions of responsibility (training of new employees)
2. A Knowledge Process Outsourcing company- 10 months - Corporate FInance - M&A Advisory services - worked on multiple deals

Extracurricular activities:
1. Represented state at the national level in declamation (oration basically, similar to debates) contest
2. Affiliation with Red Cross Society (NGO)
3. Organized various inter-college events as a part of the Debating Society and the Fine Arts Club in college

I intend to apply to European Universities. GMAT:660 - this bothers me but I chose to move on with this. Stockholm School of Economics is my first preference. Other universities that I will be applying to are - NHH Norway, BI Norwegian School of Economics, Lund University (School of Economics and Management), Rotterdam School of Management. Considering my profile and the low GMAT score, I have a few questions:
1. What are my chances of converting the above mentioned schools (esp. Stockholm School and NHH Norway)? Do I stand a chance to win a scholarship in any of these listed schools?
2. What other schools should I send an application to? Does it make sense for me to apply to St Gallen (Switzerland), Bocconi University (Italy), IE Spain, Frankfurt School (Germany), EADA Spain, Esade Spain or Essec (France)?
3. Do you think that my low GMAT score can be compensated with my academics? Do I still have a chance to fetch scholarship?

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Here’s why -

Academics look good and CFA level 3 is a good profile booster
GMAT is not bad but is a bit lower compared to the average range of your target schools. It is not a deal-breaker, but it is dependent upon how well you highlight your profile strengths in your application ( again, would need more profile details for this)
TOEFL looks good, however, it is more of a qualification criteria and does not impact your school selection chances much.
Also, you have mentioned that you are an engg. Grad. In this context, make sure that you are spending enough time on your essays to justify your shift from technology to finance. A lot of engineers apply for MFin programs, so you must highlight points that differentiate you from the typical IT profile applicant.

I would suggest you to take up a profile evaluation so that I can get more details about your profile and can give you an in-depth analysis.

Here’s the link to the evaluation: https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf
GMAT Club Bot
Evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts