GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Nov 2018, 16:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Evaluate my profile for INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Evaluate my profile for INSEAD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 13:24
Hi there, please evaluate my profile whether it is the right moment to apply to INSEAD or to other B Schools.

Education:
Chartered Accountant (ACCA) UK.
Bsc applied accounting UK.
Master in Professional Accounting (UK- still one module left).

Work Experience: 6 years in Consultancy firms,

No international work experience but have been traveling to more than 20 countries.

GMAT- 710

Please hlep
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Evaluate my profile for INSEAD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2018, 06:22
Hi m.bangakh@gmail.com,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. To better assess your profile, I have a few questions. What institutions have you graduated from (demonstrable academic rigor)? Can you share your academic performance (both undergraduate and graduate levels)? Also, are you proficient in another language (other than English)? Why an MBA? What are your post-MBA goals?

m.bangakh@gmail.com wrote:
Hi there, please evaluate my profile whether it is the right moment to apply to INSEAD or to other B Schools.

Education:

No international work experience but have been traveling to more than 20 countries.

GMAT- 710

Please hlep

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Admission Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2018, 03:02
Also, elaborate on your six years' work experience. What exactly have you done? what are your achievements? What impact have you had? Have you led teams? worked in cross-functional/ multi-cultural teams?

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Call me on my cellphone: +91 9901566772
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for R2 Early Bird Offer

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2018, 11:22
Can you please evaluate my profile?

27 Male
Pakistani.
5 Year work experience. Would be 6 at the time of application.
GMAT next month. Let's assume 700.
3.64 CGPA from LUMS (best school in Pakistan)

1.5 year at a start-up by Rocket Internet in Pakistan. Got promoted once.
2.5 year at Nestle Pakistan- got promoted twice .
1 year at Valvoline UAE.

Was the President of Students Council at my university and a part of the Volleyball team.
Founding member of the student wing of a mainstream political party in Pakistan.
ARLee Consulting
S
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2018, 12:13
Hi usamawarraich,

thank you for sharing your profile.

More detail is needed in order to better assess your profile. For example:

(1) What positions have you held in your three work experiences?

(2) Are you currently in the UAE? Or that was your first role? Do you have any other international experience?

(3) What are your career goals post-MBA?

(4) What type of extra-curricular activities are you currently engaged in?

As for GMAT, try to aim higher than 700. You want to be at least 20-30 points above INSEAD's average, so at least around 720-730.

In order to conduct a more detailed evaluation, it would be great if you could also share your CV. Please, feel free to PM me or email me directly at alex@arleeconsulting.com.

Thank you
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +34 696 097 784
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: http://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Please, email us your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

Experts' Global Representative
G
Evaluate my profile for INSEAD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2018, 22:15
m.bangakh@gmail.com wrote:

Education:

GMAT- 710

Please hlep

Hi m.bangakh@gmail.com

We are a bit late in responding to you but we hope this finds you in time still.

We would be in a better position to provide you a detailed profile evaluation if we had more information on your career progression, achievements, and exact role. Nonetheless, INSEAD is a bit sensitive about international experience. Considering your profile is a bit weak on that front, we would recommend that you work towards a higher GMAT score to differentiate yourself.

Thanks.

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2018, 05:18
Hi Experts,

It would be great if you could evaluate my profile for admission to INSEAD

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 740

Education:
Undergrad: Electronics engineering from a well-known but Non IIT College. CGPA(3.82/4)
Post Grad: PGDM in Marketing and Communications with Digital Marketing Specialization from MICA, Ahmedabad (one of the Premium Marketing Schools in India) CGPA (3.7/4)

Work Experience: Around 5+ years

Pre-Masters Work Ex:
6 Months with India's top Automotive company Tata Motors Limited as Assistant Manager (Maintenance):Lead a team of 4 technicians in Tata Nano Retro-fitment drive to upgrade 2000 cars in record time.

14 months with a Fortune 500 MNC Bombardier Transportation as Application Engineer. Worked on product Firmware Application development, automation and testing for Delhi metro and Manhiem based German train projects. Interacted and dealt with cross-country and cross-functional stake holders with a lot of International exposure.

1 year in Business development for an Educational Start-up: Lead end to end customer acquisition initiatives for the company - right from events, liaison to institutional tie-ups and brand marketing.

Post Masters Work-ex:

1 year as Marketing Manager for an FMCG Start-up belonging to Dishman group of companies: Post my PGDM, I was inclined to a start-up role which would provide me with cross-functional role exposure with steep learning curve. As a Marketing Manager with the FMCG Start up, I led a team of 4 people and coordinated cross-functional team within the organization. Played a pivotal role in on-boarding the brand with major e-commerce portals and putting in place the digital marketing strategy for the start-up. Guided the brand’s e-commerce sales from scratch to Rs 0.6 million in year 1. Was promoted from Assistant Manager to Manager in 10 months.

2.5 years with Amazon India as Marketing Manager: Currently leading Category Marketing for 4 categories with business of Rs 40 crore per annum. Driving key projects pertaining to new customer acquisition and repeat purchases.
My experience has been good mix of technical aspects of digital analytics as well as strategic aspects of online and offline marketing projects relating to customer acquisition and cost optimization.

International Exposure: No International work travel per se but have worked with Germany based and US based teams to deliver on multiple projects while working at Bombardier and Amazon. At a personal level have traveled to Europe.

Extra-Curricular:
1. Half marathon Runner and fitness blogger.
2. I've won many school level and University level Debate competitions.
3. I have been part of multiple student organizations at both undergrad and Post grad level including Entrepreneurship cell.
4. I've won university and District level science/GK quiz competitions.

Community Service:
1. Co-founder of an NGO working for rural and tribal employment.
2. Have been a regular part of company based CSR initiatives including community teaching, cleanliness drives and hygiene awareness campaigns

Post MBA Goals:
I want to leverage my Marketing and Digital Analytics to work in a Strategy consulting role or a Product Management role of a big company to get exposure and eventually start my own venture.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Evaluate my profile for INSEAD &nbs [#permalink] 16 Sep 2018, 05:18

Evaluate my profile for INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: MBAPrepCoach

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap