Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Exactly One Month Till Test Day [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi. Here is a post I put together: what-to-do-30-14-7-3-1-days-before-the-test-152506.html

I see The Economist Jessica has responded - I would recommend looking into their course as they have a 50-70 point money back guarantee (please read the terms and conditions carefully, however).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Exactly One Month Till Test Day [#permalink]
Thanks. What about The Official Guide for GMAT Review 2015 Bundle (Official Guide + Verbal Guide + Quantitative Guide)? I have gone through a lot of strategies, tips, tricks from Kaplan and Princeton Review? Would you think I should just practice a lot of problems as included in the OG (old practice exam questions)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Actually, I am thinking of using a course and looking between Magoosh or e-GMAT? Anyone have input for these courses? Which one should I use?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Hello,

Please also consider taking Optimus Prep's 180+ hours on demand course with many great features and a 50 points score improvement or full refund guarantee!

Take a look on the following table where all online course are compared and contact our support for a risk free 7 days trial account.
Attachments

File comment: Optimus Prep GMAT online course
on demand course.jpg
on demand course.jpg [ 229.36 KiB | Viewed 1586 times ]

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Update: So, when I took the GMAT in December 2014, I scored a 540. I was extremely happy. However, there was a tradeoff to the increased GMAT studying I had done. I studied less for my final exams for the Fall 2014 semester, so my GPA went down. For my desired Master of Accounting program, I met the GMAT requirement (the 500 score I was stressing about), but I did not meet the GPA now.

I still have ONE more chance at this. They told me I need to raise my GMAT to at least 550 minimum in order to be considered for the Fall 2015 MAcc class. My test date is on June 26, 2015 at 8AM. Any advice what I can do to raise my test score from 540 in December 2014 to at least 550 in June 2015?

I've reviewed the entire Kaplan Premier 2015 book again - all the chapters for Quantitative and Verbal. I know the subjects that I'm weakest in. For Quantitative, I suck at Number Properties, Combinations/Permutations, and Probability (and a little overlapping sets). For Verbal, my reading comp is probably the worst.

Advice, tips, tricks of things to do would be helpful since my test day is coming up.

Thank you!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ksc168,

This is an odd situation. Unfortunately, you've waited until almost the last day to ask for advice, so there's no time for you to learn to do anything differently for Test Day (and very little time remaining for you to practice the things that you DO know how to do). However, a 540 is essentially the same as a 550 (GMAC has publicly stated that a Test Taker's Official Score is within +-30 points of actual ability), so assuming your current skills are the same as before, you could just as easily score 550 or 560 as 540 without doing too much differently.

I can advise that you try to relax a bit and get a good night's sleep before your exam. Try to keep the little mistakes to a minimum on Test Day (take plenty of notes, do NOTHING in your head, etc.) and be ready to 'let go' of any questions that feel too hard (instead of wasting time on them) - that extra time can be spent working on 'gettable' questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for your reply. I forgot about the forums and just remembered when I started freaking out since it is getting closer to Test Day. I think a big issue I face is test anxiety. I freak out too much and I'm always so nervous. Also, I don't know what constitutes "spending too much time" on any one problem, so I think that's another issue I have. I don't know when I need to move on and/or it feels bad just making the best guess because it could potentially be points lost.

Thank you for your reply!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ksc168,

You might not realize this, but you can get LOTS of questions wrong and still get a 700, so with your score goal (550+), you can afford to 'throw away' any questions that you think are too hard or too weird. HOWEVER, you have to nail all of the 'gettable' questions - no silly mistakes, no goofy math, etc. So you should be looking for 'trade-offs' on Test Day - save some time by quickly dumping the tough questions and then spend that time doing a little bit more work on the questions that you think you can get correct.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you very much, Rich! That definitely helps me get a better idea!! Although, I still don't understand how you can get lots of questions wrong and still get a 700.

I mean, last time when I took it and got 540, I didn't necessarily skip many questions. And I didn't have to omit any at the end, I went through every single question. So, I must have gotten a lot of "easy" or "gettable" questions wrong if I ended up with a 540. Just my guess.

I think the factor that negatively impacts me the most is nervous/fear/anxiety. I am lightly reviewing GMAT material now and doing a few official practice problems. Tomorrow, I won't touch anymore GMAT material after 5PM and will get a good night sleep at 9PM. 5PM-9PM = PURE RELAXATION!!!!!!!!!! 9PM bed. 6AM wake up and ready to rock for 8AM exam. WOOOOOO I GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!
GMAT Club Bot