Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22042 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Exam Day [#permalink]
AjiteshArun wrote:
jamalabdullah100 wrote:
So I am hoping to submit my MBA applications in September 2019 (for a September 2020 start) and I was wondering how the whole reporting scores thing works? I am planning to sit the GMAT exam at the end of this month. Do I send results straight after the exam? How can that be when I haven't applied? If no, when DO I send results?
To add to what ScottTargetTestPrep mentioned:

1. You can select (up to) 5 programs at the exam center. The fee for this is included in the $250 you pay for the GMAT exam. This selection has to be made at the beginning of your exam (before you start solving any questions, and therefore before you see your scores).

2. You can buy additional score reports ($35/report) any time after your exam for a valid score (5 years at most).

3. Score reports don't include scores from any future (GMAT) tests, but they include scores from all tests taken in the last 5 years.

4. Once you've authorized Pearson to make your score report available to a program, that program will be able to access that score report through its systems for as long as your score is valid. This is irrespective of whether you ever apply to that program.

5. Once you actually apply to that program, they will (or should) verify your score before offering you admission.

Thanks. if I pick 5 schools before starting the exam and I score lower than what I wanted, then redo the exam a few months later and get a better score, will those 5 schools see my initial score?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
You can either send your reports for free directly after your GMAT (even though you have not applied yet) or wait to send your scores, for a fee, after you’ve taken the GMAT. That said, do you know the schools to which you plan to apply?

What would be the benefit in waiting until later to send your scores (especially when it costs)? I am hoping to apply to the top schools so LBS, Harvard, Stanford etc but of course this depends on what I actually get.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
jamalabdullah100 wrote:
Thanks. if I pick 5 schools before starting the exam and I score lower than what I wanted, then redo the exam a few months later and get a better score, will those 5 schools see my initial score?
The option to cancel a score is also there, so taking that into account, let's say you chose programs A, B, and C on your first attempt and chose C, D, and E on your second (C was chosen both times).

If neither attempt was cancelled:
1. C, D, and E will see both scores.
2. A and B will see only the first score.

If the first attempt was cancelled:
1. C, D, and E will see only the second score.
2. A and B will not see either score.

If the second attempt was cancelled:
1. A, B, and C will see only the first score.
2. D and E will not see either score.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22042 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi jamalabdullah100,

I guess the question you are really asking is what do you do after you see how you scored on your GMAT, right? If you are happy with your score, you could send it immediately. If you get a score that you are not happy with, then just cancel your score and retake the GMAT in the hopes of improving your score. If for some reason you need to use your original GMAT score, you can reinstate that score and send it to schools at a later date.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM