Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:UNC Duke Kellogg
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Exam in 8 days, not sure I'll reach my target score..!! :( [#permalink]
I will second ebonn101. You should postpone your appointment if your target is 680. GMAT prep scores are the closest indicators of your true GMAT score +- 20 marks. Also, some have cracked GMAT despite getting low scores in practice tests, but relying on luck alone is not advisable.

Your decision also depends on which round you want to apply this year. if you are applying next year for 2013 admissions, you may reschedule to a later date.

Further you may want to focus more on revising, building up on your errors and pacing yourself. Also if your target is around 680, practice more problems of average hardness and get confident in solving them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Thank you all for your prompt replies, i have decided to postpone the test...I will re-schedule later today.

Now I need to build an intensive study plan for Verbal, I've already gone through the MGMAT SC guide twice, for CR & RC - I've glanced through the MGMAT guides and I'm currently practising from the OG.. At this point my accuracy in verbal is as follows:

SC - 60 to 70 %
RC - approx 60 %
CR - 50 - 60 %

I'm planning to grab a copy of the Power score CR as I've heard that's the best for CR concepts, any suggestions on how to improve RC and SC...I'm making a lot of mistakes as the difficulty level goes up, say 600 - 700 and 700 - 800, any tips on how to imrpove my accuracy and stay consistent?

For quants, I'm planning to go through the strategy guides this week (once again) and work out a lot of problems, OG + extra problems, from the practice tests I've taken so far (I'll try to solve all of them again).

Next week I'll dedicate time for CR, source - Power CR and practice quants, SC and RC every day.

Once I've covered the OG completely, where can I get practice problems for each section? I already remember most of the answers in SC as I've done the questions from OG almost twice and I feel this doesn't help me truly gauge my performace in this section...thanks for your help, appreciate it!

I'll keep you posted with my study plan and date, I'm not going to give up!! at least not yet :-P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
TargetGmatt wrote:
I'll keep you posted with my study plan and date, I'm not going to give up!! at least not yet :-P

that's the spirit, and so says your name "TargetGmat".

Powerscore CR is a very good book. It is like a bible, and you will require time to go through it completely so plan accordingly.

For improving accuracy in verbal, I would suggest do untimed practice, engage with each problem till you reach an answer. Then analyze your reasoning/approach and the reasoning/approach of the OE. Soon enough you will see patterns emerging, patterns of how tough and easy questions are framed, how an answer is twisted just enough to be wrong etc.

For further GMAT type question practice, you can buy GMAT verbal handbook/Quant handbook. If you need more you can go for GMAT paper tests but I do not know their relevance with the present GMAT.
GMAT Club Bot