Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Send PM
Re: Executive MBA or MBA program? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
I'm not sure how I missed that, that is a little bit of a pickle. Can I ask what you've done otherwise? Did you start directly after medical school? Education will count for something but not everything. the Oxford EMBA I believe only has a minimum of five years.

nefer wrote:
Bonjour Farrell,
thank you for your response. I more interested in an EMBA due to my age and also what I am looking for, is to build a strong networkand acquire management and leadership skills more than what I've got till now. my worry is work experience only 5 :). I've met 2 mba alumnies in France. According to them I must apply to the top 5 school in Europe Insead, IESE, IMD, Bocconi...base on the variety of the nationalities. It sounds unusual to find EMBA applicants with medical background maybe?
thanks

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Bonjour Nefir, very interesting background, it's convenient that your professional path is already related to the corporate sector.

Executive MBA is more suited to career to career advancers than switchers, but, you are a bit too old for a full time traditional MBA.

Also, the network there would be unlikely to be helpful. If you prefer a full time program, then I would urge you to consider Sloan Fellows in at either Stanford, MIT or London Business School.

Otherwise, for Part time, a global EMBA like INSEAD, IESE, or EMBA ie Chicago-Booth in London would make sense. these are just examples there's plenty of options of course.

It would be helpful to think about how you can move from where you are now to where you need to be and the contacts you would need to make to achieve that.

Where would those alumni connections reside?

Feel free to contact me for follow up questions at bit.ly/mbaprepcoach

Hope this helps
Farrell

nefer wrote:
Hello everyone,

Would you help me to make the best decision between EMBA and MBA (INSEAD, IESE, UCLA...). I am thinking to prepare the admission at some business school from 2020 or 2021. I am confused because med professional paths are different from many of business school.
my background:
1) age: 37, nationaly: French and spanish
2) I have 5 years experience as Occupational Medicine Physician in a private sector. I'm currently in charge of employees health, the work safety program...
I do manage an equipe of 10+ people (nurses, physician assistants, psychologists,ergonomists, toxicology expert, social worker). My clients have a variety of profiles : Aircraft industries, hospitals, public administration, temporary works agencies...
Previous to this position now I had 1 year experience as family doctor on call/ locum.
In addition to the clinical practice, another I am a health and safety counselor for the companies, with several professional meetings with managers and CEOs .
3) my educational background:
Medical school graduated 2011 in Spain. I've attended 1 year exchange program at the med school in Lille(France).
Occupational medicine postgraduate.
I speak spanish, french, english.
4) my goal is to switch in a management board within medical/pharmaceutical industry. but I am passionate also to become a sucessful entrepreneur.

thank you
Nefer

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
nefer

For FT in Europe would encourage you to look at the age range for some of the schools are mentioned in Europe, it's actually better to look at the 80% number but it would be good to know if anybody your age has been accepted in the most recent class profile.

It's just going to be important for you to communicate that you are going to take it upon yourself to find a job after graduation and that you won't be relying on on-campus recruiting because that is generally somewhat ageist. Like employers coming on campus are looking for graduates within a certain age, but if you can articulate that you will be self-sufficient in obtaining your post MBA goal position that will increase your chances.

I've had some pretty good recent success helping candidates get into IE SE, you might take a look at that. But they were 35 not 37.

nefer wrote:
Hello everyone,

Would you help me to make the best decision between EMBA and MBA (INSEAD, IESE, UCLA...). I am thinking to prepare the admission at some business school from 2020 or 2021. I am confused because med professional paths are different from many of business school.
my background:
1) age: 37, nationaly: French and spanish
2) I have 5 years experience as Occupational Medicine Physician in a private sector. I'm currently in charge of employees health, the work safety program...
I do manage an equipe of 10+ people (nurses, physician assistants, psychologists,ergonomists, toxicology expert, social worker). My clients have a variety of profiles : Aircraft industries, hospitals, public administration, temporary works agencies...
Previous to this position now I had 1 year experience as family doctor on call/ locum.
In addition to the clinical practice, another I am a health and safety counselor for the companies, with several professional meetings with managers and CEOs .
3) my educational background:
Medical school graduated 2011 in Spain. I've attended 1 year exchange program at the med school in Lille(France).
Occupational medicine postgraduate.
I speak spanish, french, english.
4) my goal is to switch in a management board within medical/pharmaceutical industry. but I am passionate also to become a sucessful entrepreneur.

thank you
Nefer

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Farrell,
after I've graduated from Med school, I went straight into practice. The medical school cursus is about 10 years here.
For sure I will be looking for a job by myself and through alumni network. by choosing a french business school thats allow me to keep my current job.
I would really like to be enrolled at INSEAD EMBA.

thank you for the advice, I won't forget to message once I'm ready. I have to prepare the GMAT.

Nefer
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
nefer wrote:
Farrell,
after I've graduated from Med school, I went straight into practice. The medical school cursus is about 10 years here.
For sure I will be looking for a job by myself and through alumni network. by choosing a french business school thats allow me to keep my current job.
I would really like to be enrolled at INSEAD EMBA.

thank you for the advice, I won't forget to message once I'm ready. I have to prepare the GMAT.

Nefer

I am curious ... what did you end up doing?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Executive MBA or MBA program? [#permalink]
Executive Programs surely enhance your career prospects. You should consider pursuing executive courses for working professionals from this University. The college is among the pioneers in executive education. The college has been creating consistent results from the time of its onset. The college also has branches in different parts of India.
GMAT Club Bot
Executive MBA or MBA program? [#permalink]