It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 01:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HEC Paris MBA Admissions and Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

HEC Paris MBA Ranks No. 3 in the World for Global MBA Programs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2017, 03:01
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog1: HEC Paris MBA Ranks No. 3 in the World for Global MBA Programs
The HEC Paris MBA is proud to announce it is No. 2 in Europe, and No. 3 in world, out of 232 schools, in the QS Global MBA Rankings 2018 .

“I am pleased that the program has done so well in such an analytical, statistically based ranking,” said Andrea Masini, Associate Dean of the HEC Paris MBA. “The MBA worldwide marketplace is extremely competitive, and the QS placement shows that our continuing efforts to ensure that our program and our graduates stand out are paying off.”

The rankings report, the first of its kind, rates the HEC Paris MBA an impressive 89.9 out of a possible 100 points overall. It gives the program a perfect 100-point score in the category of “employability,” which surveys 158,000 global employers across all sectors and industries, and also takes into account the number of students who accept job offers three months after graduation.

One of the most heavily weighted sections of the ranking looks at MBA programs’ Return on Investment. The ROI is calculated by balancing tuition fees, forgone salary and cost-of-living expenses incurred while pursuing the degree with the annual salary and bonus earned after the program. In this category, the HEC Paris MBA scores markedly higher than its 70 European counterparts. It achieves a score of 83.8 compared to the European mean of 59.3. It also earns a substantially better score in ROI than the global average, in which the mean is 53 among the 232 schools included in the ranking.

These rankings represent a growing number of accolades for the HEC Paris MBA. The Economist’s 2017 Full-Time MBA ranking named the program the No. 1 MBA program in Europe, and the Times Higher Education Alma Mater Index, recognized it in 2017 as the top business school in Europe for educating the CEOs of Fortune Global 500 companies.

The full rankings can be found on the QS GLOBAL MBA website.

To download the QS Fact File for the HEC Paris MBA, click here.

The post HEC Paris MBA Ranks No. 3 in the World for Global MBA Programs appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Economist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesMagoosh Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Student Voice: Mario Salamanca [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 04:00
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Student Voice: Mario Salamanca
When Mario Salamanca, MBA ’19, first switched from law to business, he found himself literally swamped by the experience. “I walked in one morning and the whole office was flooded with six inches of water,” he says. “The building hadn’t been roofed so the rain just came straight in. I had to run around stacking computers up on tables to avoid them being ruined.”

The start-up tech company created by his engineering friend had other problems. The business had 14 million pesos of debt, and a CTO using company funds to pay his personal expenses. Still, Mario says despite the difficulties, it was a positive experience. “It gave me a lot of insight into what I wanted to do,” he explains. “And when I went to work for someone I trusted [in a top-tier law firm], it made me realize what good management really was.”

We sat down with this lawyer from Mexico City to discuss his experience so far at the HEC Paris MBA.

Why an MBA?

A partner at a law firm I worked for had an MBA. The broadness of the education he received through an MBA, especially compared to a LLM (Master of Laws), helped him progress much faster to that level in the firm.

Also, I remember being told by one of our client’s top executives that a lawyer with an MBA is like “a shark with wings.” Who wouldn’t want that?

What’s it like to be a student again?

As a lawyer, I have a completely different background from the majority of people here who are very numerically based. Because of this, I had to spend the first couple of weeks doing some extra work to make sure that I kept up. Prioritizing my time has become very important for me to keep on top of the program. I’m still working to achieve the right work-life balance.

What’s it like being a lawyer in an MBA program? 

Debating and delivering presentations are my strengths. I’ve brought those skills to my MBA working group.  I want to help by contributing my transferable skills to other students within the group. I’m turning what I saw as a disadvantage into an advantage.

What are your career goals?

I intended to move into the finance world after my MBA, most likely into private equity. However, I joined the MBA’s Tech Club my first week here. The club got me a ticket to the Lendit Fintech conference in London. I was there for two days in October and the whole experience completely blew my mind. Fintech is a bit like being at the start of the .com era. No one knows what is going to happen but everyone can agree big change is coming.

Have you had any big takeaways from your classes so far?

Professor Jeremy Ghez spent the first month of our managerial economics course trying to change our mindset. He emphasized that we will have to be entrepreneurial no matter where we work. If we want to be ready for the challenges ahead, we’ll have to create our own jobs. His point was reinforced at Lendit, when I heard top executives from financial giants expressing their concern about the opportunities being created by Fintech start-ups. I suddenly realized just how valuable the things I’m learning at HEC Paris really are.

The post Student Voice: Mario Salamanca appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Manager
Manager

Student Voice: Mario Salamanca [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 04:01
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog1: Student Voice: Mario Salamanca
When Mario Salamanca, MBA ’19, first switched from law to business, he found himself literally swamped by the experience. “I walked in one morning and the whole office was flooded with six inches of water,” he says. “The building hadn’t been roofed so the rain just came straight in. I had to run around stacking computers up on tables to avoid them being ruined.”

The start-up tech company created by his engineering friend had other problems. The business had 14 million pesos of debt, and a CTO using company funds to pay his personal expenses. Still, Mario says despite the difficulties, it was a positive experience. “It gave me a lot of insight into what I wanted to do,” he explains. “And when I went to work for someone I trusted [in a top-tier law firm], it made me realize what good management really was.”

We sat down with this lawyer from Mexico City to discuss his experience so far at the HEC Paris MBA.

Why an MBA?

A partner at a law firm I worked for had an MBA. The broadness of the education he received through an MBA, especially compared to a LLM (Master of Laws), helped him progress much faster to that level in the firm.

Also, I remember being told by one of our client’s top executives that a lawyer with an MBA is like “a shark with wings.” Who wouldn’t want that?

What’s it like to be a student again?

As a lawyer, I have a completely different background from the majority of people here who are very numerically based. Because of this, I had to spend the first couple of weeks doing some extra work to make sure that I kept up. Prioritizing my time has become very important for me to keep on top of the program. I’m still working to achieve the right work-life balance.

What’s it like being a lawyer in an MBA program? 

Debating and delivering presentations are my strengths. I’ve brought those skills to my MBA working group.  I want to help by contributing my transferable skills to other students within the group. I’m turning what I saw as a disadvantage into an advantage.

What are your career goals?

I intended to move into the finance world after my MBA, most likely into private equity. However, I joined the MBA’s Tech Club my first week here. The club got me a ticket to the Lendit Fintech conference in London. I was there for two days in October and the whole experience completely blew my mind. Fintech is a bit like being at the start of the .com era. No one knows what is going to happen but everyone can agree big change is coming.

Have you had any big takeaways from your classes so far?

Professor Jeremy Ghez spent the first month of our managerial economics course trying to change our mindset. He emphasized that we will have to be entrepreneurial no matter where we work. If we want to be ready for the challenges ahead, we’ll have to create our own jobs. His point was reinforced at Lendit, when I heard top executives from financial giants expressing their concern about the opportunities being created by Fintech start-ups. I suddenly realized just how valuable the things I’m learning at HEC Paris really are.

The post Student Voice: Mario Salamanca appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.

Manager
Manager

Christmas in Paris: Our Top 5 Tips [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 07:00
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Christmas in Paris: Our Top 5 Tips
Paris never looks more beautiful than during Christmas, when its boulevards, monuments and facades are lit by thousands of twinkling lights. Jennifer Wallace, Direct Marketing Manager for the HEC Paris MBA, shares her favorite festive activities in the capital for the holiday season.

Department Store Decorations
The Christmas tree at Galeries Lafayette

All the major department stores in Paris have dazzling window displays and interior decorations. The most famous is probably Galeries Lafayette (9th arrondissement), which hosts at the center of its beauty department a 25-meter Christmas tree that stretches all the way to its stained glass ceiling. Other stores which are worth checking out are the BHV Marais (4th arrondissement), Printemps (9th arrondissement) and Le Bon Marché Rive Gauche (7th arrondissement).

Place Vendôme
The elegant Place Vendôme in the 1st arrondissement (home of the swanky Ritz hotel) always dresses to impress during the festive season and this year the organisers have promised a “forest of glittering firs” to light up the square. All around the 8th arrondissement there are beautiful Christmas lights too, like on the Champs Elysées, the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré and the Avenue Montaigne.

Christmas Markets
The Champs Elysées Christmas Market may have been cancelled this year but there are a wealth of other markets to visit in the capital. Cosy Christmas villages have popped up at Châtelet (in the 1st arrondissement), on the esplanade at La Défense (just outside the city), and for a picture-perfect Instagram shot, look no further than the Marché de Noël de Saint Germain in front of the church in the

6th arrondissement. There are also many markets that run for one weekend only, so if you like Asian gifts, check them out for your holiday shopping.

Parisian Christmas Market

Ice Skating
If you are itching to get your skates on for the winter season then the biggest indoor ice rink is at the Accor Hotels Arena, Bercy (12th arrondissement), which is open to the public most afternoons and late nights too. The most spectacular skating location this year is right under the Eiffel Tower on the Champs de Mars. If you are there in the evening, the Eiffel Tower sparkles above your head once per hour until midnight.

Festive Food
Festive St. Germain-des-Prés

If there is one thing the French truly excel at for the holidays, it is sumptuous seasonal delicacies. If you are looking to blow your budget on a special holiday meal, you can dine like royalty in the Eiffel Tower restaurant Le Jules Verne, or in 5-star hotels like Le Bristol and Le Meurice. For mid-range meals with friends and family, traditional Parisian brasseries like Le Bofinger, Au Petit Marguery and the Opéra Garnier restaurant serve set menus for Christmas and New Year. If you are on a budget then the legendary Bouillon Chartier (with its gorgeous Art Nouveau interior) is always a crowd pleaser.

Finally, if you are looking for a sweet treat to take to a gathering, then a bûche de noel is the perfect choice. Parisian patisseries all try to outdo one another for the most creative and beautiful bûche, so it seems only fair that you sample as many as possible for effective judging!

The post Christmas in Paris: Our Top 5 Tips appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.

Manager
Manager

Christmas in Paris: Our Top 5 Tips [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 07:01
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog1: Christmas in Paris: Our Top 5 Tips
Paris never looks more beautiful than during Christmas, when its boulevards, monuments and facades are lit by thousands of twinkling lights. Jennifer Wallace, Direct Marketing Manager for the HEC Paris MBA, shares her favorite festive activities in the capital for the holiday season.

Department Store Decorations
The Christmas tree at Galeries Lafayette

All the major department stores in Paris have dazzling window displays and interior decorations. The most famous is probably Galeries Lafayette (9th arrondissement), which hosts at the center of its beauty department a 25-meter Christmas tree that stretches all the way to its stained glass ceiling. Other stores which are worth checking out are the BHV Marais (4th arrondissement), Printemps (9th arrondissement) and Le Bon Marché Rive Gauche (7th arrondissement).

Place Vendôme
The elegant Place Vendôme in the 1st arrondissement (home of the swanky Ritz hotel) always dresses to impress during the festive season and this year the organisers have promised a “forest of glittering firs” to light up the square. All around the 8th arrondissement there are beautiful Christmas lights too, like on the Champs Elysées, the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré and the Avenue Montaigne.

Christmas Markets
The Champs Elysées Christmas Market may have been cancelled this year but there are a wealth of other markets to visit in the capital. Cosy Christmas villages have popped up at Châtelet (in the 1st arrondissement), on the esplanade at La Défense (just outside the city), and for a picture-perfect Instagram shot, look no further than the Marché de Noël de Saint Germain in front of the church in the

6th arrondissement. There are also many markets that run for one weekend only, so if you like Asian gifts, check them out for your holiday shopping.

Parisian Christmas Market

Ice Skating
If you are itching to get your skates on for the winter season then the biggest indoor ice rink is at the Accor Hotels Arena, Bercy (12th arrondissement), which is open to the public most afternoons and late nights too. The most spectacular skating location this year is right under the Eiffel Tower on the Champs de Mars. If you are there in the evening, the Eiffel Tower sparkles above your head once per hour until midnight.

Festive Food
Festive St. Germain-des-Prés

If there is one thing the French truly excel at for the holidays, it is sumptuous seasonal delicacies. If you are looking to blow your budget on a special holiday meal, you can dine like royalty in the Eiffel Tower restaurant Le Jules Verne, or in 5-star hotels like Le Bristol and Le Meurice. For mid-range meals with friends and family, traditional Parisian brasseries like Le Bofinger, Au Petit Marguery and the Opéra Garnier restaurant serve set menus for Christmas and New Year. If you are on a budget then the legendary Bouillon Chartier (with its gorgeous Art Nouveau interior) is always a crowd pleaser.

Finally, if you are looking for a sweet treat to take to a gathering, then a bûche de noel is the perfect choice. Parisian patisseries all try to outdo one another for the most creative and beautiful bûche, so it seems only fair that you sample as many as possible for effective judging!

The post Christmas in Paris: Our Top 5 Tips appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.

Christmas in Paris: Our Top 5 Tips   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2017, 07:01

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 25 posts ] 

HEC Paris MBA Admissions and Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap