Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris MBA Admissions and Related Blogs [#permalink]
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Introducing Students to Lean Thinking
With the nervous anxiety of our first exams and the excitement of the looming winter break, we assumed the leadership of the Industry Club in December 2017 and took over club operations in early 2018. My fellow club members and I decided that our main mission would be to increase awareness among current MBA students about the trends and functions in various industries.

The 2018 MBA Industry Club members with Francis Ramiandrasoa after his presentation

March 2 marked a special day for us at the club as we welcomed our first guest speaker, Francis Ramiandrasoa, Lean Senior Expert & Coach at Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance. Mr. Ramiandrasoa, MBA ’03, has over 20 years’ experience as a Certified Six-Sigma Black Belt and Lean Sensei. He also has an impressive track record developing people and improving operational performance across continents and industries. We believed that this talk would pique interest among future leaders at the HEC Paris MBA to learn and adapt Lean Thinking, especially when organizations around the world are increasing emphasis on operational efficiencies.

The event began with a 40-minute presentation titled “A Short Introduction to Lean Thinking” by Mr. Ramiandrasoa. During this presentation, he eloquently defined the concept of Lean and its origin/history.  He shared information about a project he worked on in South Korea, where he helped improve efficiencies by adopting these principles, and finally concluded his talk by demonstrating the differences between Six-Sigma and Lean through a practical example.

After the presentation, students had an opportunity to meet Mr. Ramiandrasoa informally over drinks to gain additional insights about his career and experiences. Overall, the event was a huge success as evidenced by positive feedback we received from the attendees.

The post Introducing Students to Lean Thinking appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Learning to Pitch your Startup
The MBA Entrepreneurship Club held a workshop on “How to Pitch Effectively,” on March 1.

The workshop, facilitated by Michel Safars, HEC Paris Affiliate Professor and Academic Director of the MBA’s Entrepreneurship Specialization, started with the participants explaining their knowledge of pitching and sharing what we wanted to learn from the training. During his introduction, Professor Safars emphasized the need to understand the expectations of the venture capitalists (VCs) at different stages – there are different expected outcomes at the seed stage than at the growth stage. He also gave us a reality check, saying, “If I want five customers and I want three VCs, how many times will I have to pitch? A lot.”

According to Professor Safars, the first 30 seconds of every pitch needs to be a compelling summary of the business proposal. Every pitch should also include an introduction to the people who make up the team, with an explanation of who they are, why we picked them, and what individual skills they offer. This is of utmost importance to building trust and confidence in our ideas, he explained.

We also saw five pitches by student teams and heard feedback from Professor Safars and a student volunteer. To have insights from a fellow student provided the teams with an “outside the investor`s room” perspective that was very insightful.

During one pitch, Professor Safars asked a student volunteer to wait outside the classroom until the team had finished its presentation. When the student re-entered the room, he requested that another student who’d heard the pitch explain it to the person. “The benefit of a good pitch is that once you convince someone, they will turn around and convince other people for you,” he said. “A good pitch is one that is repeatable by other people.”

Other major takeaways:

• When preparing for a pitch, learn as much as you can about the person or the company that you are pitching to.
  • Interact with the audience throughout the session to gauge their interest and understanding of the discussed content.
Based on the feedback we received from the 30 attendees after the pitching workshop, the entire event was a success. As one student said, “It was so interactive. Professor Safars is amazing and the feedback he shared was so honest, to the point and facilitated learning. Eagerly awaiting the next pitch session!”

The post Learning to Pitch your Startup appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: A Tour of The Peninsula Paris
The most astounding part of the €3,850-a-night suite we are standing in at The Peninsula Paris isn’t its private rooftop garden overlooking the Eiffel Tower, or that all the rooms—and there are many—are so utterly luxurious that the French Ministry of Tourism has granted the hotel its highest“Palace” ranking. It’s that visible through a bedroom window is a full-size replica of L’Oiseau Blanc, the French plane that famously disappeared during the first attempted non-stop transatlantic flight.

MBA Luxury Club members met with the assistant director of HR at The Peninsula Paris

The 12 of us from the HEC Paris MBA spend a few minutes discovering the one-of-a-kind features of this suite, then move to the next treat: a private audience with Sophie Gachet, the hotel’s director of marketing. After explaining her background, which includes 15 years at LVMH, Sophie opens the floor to questions. The MBA students ask her everything from how the sales team define their KPIs to whether it’s best to start in the hospitality industry through an internship or by applying directly to a full-time job. It’s an in-depth learning experience, designed specifically for our MBA students.

The student organizer of The Peninsula Paris visit, Guillaume Bo-Kim, MBA ’19, explains.“Luxury is so much more than fashion and cosmetics” he says. “I wanted to expand into other realms, to really understand what the business dynamics are in hospitality, and the opportunities that are out there for my fellow MBAs.”

As unique as this tour is, it’s just one of many off-campus visits organized throughout the year by theHEC Paris MBA’s Luxury Club. Since September, members have toured the eyewear manufacturer Luxottica (in conjunction with the MBA PE/VC Club), gone behind-the-scenes at Christie’s Auction House and trekked to Milan for the MBA Retail and Luxury Fair.

Inside the L’Oiseau Blanc rooftop restaurant

Based on Sophie’s answers, there are plenty of opportunities for MBAs seeking to move into the hospitality sector, even ones who have never before worked in the field.  “My background in retail isn’t at all typical,” she says. “Most people enter hospitality and stay forever. There’s a big sense of community between teams, from the person who paints the rooms to the managing directors. We’re all here for the same reason: our guests.”

As our tour continues, we gain a firsthand understanding of what creates The Peninsula’s serene, refined feel. Now guided by the assistant director of human resources, we visit the hotel’s most impressive rooms. The trip winds through the rooftop dining area—again with an unforgettable view of the Eiffel Tower—and spa, and finally ends in the lobby, where an 800-piece Lasvit crystal installation, called “dancing leaves,” beckons us back to the streets near the Champs–Élysées.

The post A Tour of The Peninsula Paris appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Student Voice: Mamoudou Bocoum
One of Mamoudou Bocoum’s greatest career successes is an unfinished, 3,000-hectare project. As a civil engineer, Bocoum, MBA ’18,  was working in Chad on a sustainable hydro-agricultural project predicted to improve the lives of 115,000 people. Discovering an overspending issue, he led the team which redesigned the project with a less costly but more efficient irrigation system.  When the project was later abandoned due to a lack of funding, it greatly impacted his decision to pursue an MBA. “Infrastructure plays such a key role in economic growth and poverty reduction,” Bocoum says. “I realized that instead of being involved only during the implementation phase of infrastructure-development projects, I wanted to be among the decision makers.”

We asked Bocoum how the HEC Paris MBA fits into his plans to play a role in the future development of Africa:

Why did you choose HEC Paris?

HEC’s focus on sustainable development and social business was well matched to my career goals. That and its entrepreneurial mindset were things that I didn’t find in other MBA programs. Another reason I chose HEC was the length of the program. Coming from an engineering background, I knew I would have a lot to learn on the business front, and 16 months seemed to be a good fit.

What advice would you give to someone just starting at the HEC Paris MBA?

Open your mind. You’re going to meet a lot of smart, diverse people and you won’t be the smartest. Being open to other ideas will help you incredibly. Also to make sure to get involved in everything; whether it is clubs, trips or programs, it’s all so useful.

What projects have you personally gotten involved in?

I was president of the Africa Club. We organised a number of conferences and boot camps, and put together several networking events in Paris with people who have connections to Africa. We even travelled to London to attend the European Africa Clubs Convention. Attending the convention was a definite highlight for me. Another was volunteering for HEC Africa Days. I was very involved in organizing and recruiting potential participants for the three-day event.

Team Agri Yolo, otherwise known as MBA students Mamoudou Bocoum, Shir Sheftel, Sathvik Ganesan, Tatiana Ángel and Samijoe Saroufim, at the Thought For Food Challenge

You also were in the team that created Agri Yolo. Can you explain what that was?

When we learned about the annual Thought for Food Challenge, several of the MBA students who are interested in agri-business put together a team. The TFF Challenge is an annual competition searching for answers about how to feed the 9 billion people who will be on this planet in 2050. Our idea, Agri Yolo, was a platform designed to promote investments in sustainable agriculture by connecting agribusinesses, landowners and young investors to launch new projects.

We made it to the top 10 out of over 500 entries and went to the finals in Amsterdam. I am currently working on taking the idea further and exploring if we can make it a viable entrepreneurial business project in Africa.

You are also one of the pioneers in the MBA-MPA Double Degree program with SciencesPo. Any feedback?

If you want to work in the public sector then I would definitely recommend it. It is very broad and you learn a lot about the economy, public policy and the differences between the public and private sector. There is also a rich choice of electives where everyone can find courses aligned to their interests. I focus particularly on infrastructures (business models, financing, regulation), public-private partnerships, transport policies and energy. Since my end goal is to help define infrastructure development in Africa and to find innovative solutions to finance that development, it’s been incredibly useful to me.

The post Student Voice: Mamoudou Bocoum appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: HEC SEED Arrives at Station F on June 6
HEC SEED 2018, HEC Paris’ annual entrepreneurship summit, is opening its doors for the first time at Station F. Dedicated to accelerating the innovative projects of students and young entrepreneurs, this year’s event will give up-and-coming entrepreneurs outstanding visibility and networking opportunities by showcasing their ideas at Station F, the world’s biggest startup campus.

The June 6th event features an exciting afternoon of panel discussions, pitch competitions and networking opportunities with seasoned professionals from all areas of the entrepreneurship ecosystem. Organized by students from the HEC Paris MBA, SEED 2018 will bring together a diverse audience of entrepreneurs, students, large companies, incubation structures and venture capital investment funds. Attendance is open to anyone interested in furthering their knowledge of entrepreneurship.

More than 10,000 startups have been set up in France over the last five years, and the investment possibilities for young startups has never been stronger. Venture capitalists invested an estimated $2.7 billion in France in 2016, as reported by Business Insider, which describes France as a “seriously impressive startup ecosystem.” HEC SEED 2018 is a way for students and young startups to get noticed: it provides them with the ideal opportunity to share their projects, either by pitching in front of a panel of judges or by enabling them to meet other Seed participants, which include prospective customers and business partners.

HEC SEED 2018 Agenda

June 6, 1-8 pm

• Pitch contest: Ten startups will have 3-5 minutes to pitch their business ideas to win a €5000 grand prize and other, non-monetary awards. There will be two competitions, Concept and Scale Up. Deadline to enter is April 30: https://bit.ly/applyhecseed.
  • Panel discussions: Each panel discussion features at least two experts from each sector. Topics include: “Retail: Fashion and Tech,” “FinTech and Banks: Friend or Foe?” and “Social Entrepreneurship.” The FinTech discussion will feature Olivier Goy, founder of Lindix, Olivier Godement, head of startup operations at Stripe, and Alexandre Prot, co-founder and CEO of Qonto. Other panelists will be announced shortly.
  • HEC Innovation awards: HEC SEED 2018 is proud to host the awards ceremony for the HEC Innovation Awards, which features two prizes of €25,000.
  • Networking cocktail: The best place to meet future business partners and customers!
To buy tickets for HEC SEED 2018 or for more information about the event, go to: https://www.hecseedparis.com/.

The post HEC SEED Arrives at Station F on June 6 appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: From Athlete to CEO
While most people are considered successful if they make it to the top of one industry, Jean Hornain, MBA ’88, has made it to the pinnacle of three.

At 18 years old, Hornain was the youngest player recruited to the 1979 French national volleyball team. After representing France in nearly 200 international competitions, a knee injury caused him to reflect on his career. That’s when things really got interesting.

First, he earned an MBA degree from HEC Paris. From there, he took a job as an Associate at a London-based investment bank. Finding he missed the teamwork so prevalent in professional sports, he went on to found , and eventually become CEO of Le Parisien, a daily newspaper.

“As a former athlete, I was not predestined for this moment,” he explained during a recent presentation at an MBA Afterwork Drinks event. “The HEC Paris MBA made it possible, transforming a volleyball player into a CEO.”

Two years ago, Hornain took over as the Managing Director of Citeo, an environmental firm dedicated to waste sorting and recycling.

During his speech at the April 5 MBA Afterwork Drinks event, Hornain named three main drivers which give meaning to his work:

1. Surround yourself with inspiring people

Hornain’s professional partners were instrumental in shaping his career ambitions. He says he has always carefully surrounded himself with people who he admires and who inspire him.

His advice: “Don’t choose a job. Instead, choose your boss, choose your colleagues, and choose the people you’re going to work with.”

2.  Build strong teams, and leverage those teams’ collective energy

Even in individual sports, Hornain says, the biggest champions have a solid team around them. The key to building that team is to create an environment and atmosphere where success is guaranteed.

His advice: “You and your teammates must share the same values. Find good, talented people, then enter into sincere and truthful relationships with them. Be yourself and allow room for emotions and vulnerability. That will create confidence, give energy and transform people.”

3. Be useful to humanity

The financial performance of a company must exist alongside a sincere commitment to the betterment of society. Companies increasingly have a role to fulfill: building a more sustainable world.

His advice: “Companies will survive only if they have a sincere commitment to the collective game, and exist in a more open, collective, cooperative mode. They must contribute to the common good, and not only to shareholders’ value.”

The post From Athlete to CEO appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: The MBA Sailing Club sets sail to Athens
We are a student-run club of passionate sailors that organize sailing weekends and compete in MBA regattas across Europe. One recent race took us to Athens, to compete in the Open Class of the LBS Global MBA Trophy Regatta.

First day: Thursday
Some of us flew in early and spent the day in Athens, others arrived the morning of the competition while Sonia Byun (alumna, MBA 2017) came all the way from New York! Sonia was the president of the MBA Sailing Club back in 2015 and 2016 and she knew flying in would definitely be worth it.

Sonia Byun (MBA ’17) flew in from NYC to compete along with her HEC Paris MBA crew

We signed in at Zea Marina and sailed our two boats the 5 km to Mikrolimano Marina (Piraeus, Athens). It was our opportunity to practice together as a team and teach the basics of sailing to those that had never been in a boat before (Yes! Our club includes both experienced skippers and also people who have never sailed before. Only requisite: love for the sea and the wind!)

After docking at the port, we got ready for the opening ceremony that took place at the Yacht Club of Greece. All was set for the first day of races.

Racing days: Friday and Saturday
The first day’s weather was calm, with winds ranging from 15 to 18 knots going up to 24 in the afternoon. We did a traditional triangular regatta, keeping the buoys at our port bow when we turned. The conditions were ideal for a good mix of sailing and fun. During the first part, heading upwind, we were constantly tacking, thus we needed all the crew’s concentration. Near the end, heading downwind, we could relax and let the sails do their work. It was a stunning sunny day in Greece (that wonderful Mediterranean weather)! We sailed for about 5 hours and finished three regattas, then celebrated our accomplishment with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot (drinking a nice French champagne as was expected of us). The day ended with a dinner at Michelin-rated restaurant Varoulko and an after-party.

Saturday’s race was tougher. The wind was so strong, the organizing committee wasn’t even sure if it was going to allow the teams to race. Finally we got a green light. Every participant had to give his or her complete concentration – a sudden burst of wind could violently move the main sail and hit a distracted crew member. Both teams did a tremendous job despite the conditions (given that not many of us knew how to sail). Saturday ended with an awesome Gala.

Saturday ended with a lovely gala

Takeaways
“The LBS regatta is a unique opportunity to network with over 135 students and alumni from the world’s best business schools while refining teamwork, leadership and communication skills on and off shore,” explains Teejana Beenessreesingh, MBA ’19. We shared a long weekend together, combining sailing, fun, fresh air and a lot of sun. It was a great break, mentally preparing us for the next period of classes that take place until the end of June. Some of us will depart on internships, others on travel, but we are already planning our next Regatta!

Crew boat A: Sonia Byun (skipper), Matias Fagiano, Isabella Ganem, Bianca Tompkins, Joseph Kellshal, David Herrera, Laura Zlotkin-Leslie, Liviu Teodorescu.

Crew boat B: Marco (skipper), Marc Rinkel, Teejana Beenessreesingh, Leila Dob, Luke Mortimer, Diogo Vianna, Lucia Gonzalez-Schuett, Ayad Rizk, Maxine Riley-Zhang.

The post The MBA Sailing Club sets sail to Athens appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: 10 Years of Leadership Training at Saint Cyr
Not all leadership seminars are created equal. During the off-campus seminar held at Saint Cyr Coetquidan, HEC Paris MBA students have the remarkable opportunity to take the leadership theories they’ve learned in the classroom and put them to the test.

For the 2-day training, students are divided into groups of 10, then asked to perform a series of increasingly difficult field exercises under the supervision of a military-trained mentor. After each timed exercise, they receive feedback about their effectiveness leading the group and their method of problem solving. “You stretch your skill set in dynamic and foreign situations,” explains Impreet Natt-Kallu, MBA ’14. “You work on building collaborative skills and find confidence in yourself. It’s an experience that sets HEC Paris apart from other MBA programs.”

Since organizing the off-campus seminar for the HEC Paris MBA a decade ago, Xavier Boute, Affiliate Professor of Economics and Decision Science, has seen the seminar’s lasting effects. “Former students tell me they apply what they learned at Saint Cyr regularly at work. There’s just no better feedback for a professor.”

Here’s to the next 10 years at Saint Cyr!

The post 10 Years of Leadership Training at Saint Cyr appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: From MBA Classmates to Soulmates
Is it romantic at business school? To answer that light-hearted question, we turn to Tere Carral and Jaja Okigwe, two former students who attended the HEC Paris MBA 23 years ago. Jaja was a full-time MBA student; Tere was on a 6-month exchange from IPADE Business School in Mexico.

The two of them met during their very first day of the MBA program, during a cocktail mixer held in the Z building. “She didn’t say a word to me, not in French nor in English,” Jaja remembers, “but a group of us decided to go out for dinner in town. We started to get to know each other.”

By the time Tere completed her 6-month exchange, the couple were exploring ways to align their career paths. That idea became a reality a few years later, when Tere’s then-employer, Procter and Gamble, selected her for a position in the company’s Cincinnati headquarters. Tere and Jaja have now been married for 18 years, with Tere the founder and CEO of a marketing agency, Bridge Latino, and Jaja recently being named the President and CEO of First Choice Health in Seattle.

In April, the couple returned to campus for the first time since Jaja’s 1997 graduation, to show their son and daughter where it all started. “The school really has a special place in our hearts,” Tere explains. “It opened my eyes to marketing as a career, and opened us both up to different cultures. It made us the people we are today.”

We want to thank them once again for sharing their story with us, and we would like to politely suggest that Paris can be a perfect place to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary.

The post From MBA Classmates to Soulmates appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: MBAs explore the startup scene in Berlin
Home to red-hot startups and several unicorns – private companies valued at $1 billion or more – Berlin is consistently ranked one of the best European cities for entrepreneurship. Among those flocking to the German capital are HEC Paris MBA students, who recently spent two days discovering what the city’s startup buzz is all about.

MBA student Amit Gudadhe captures a moment during the pitch competition at APX

The Berlin Trek, organized jointly by the MBA’s Entrepreneurship and Tech Clubs, gave the 12 participants a deeper understanding of the city’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. The group visited four startups, the venture capital firm High-Tech Gründerfonds, and APX, the accelerator ofAxel Springer and Porsche. At each stop, the students met with CEOs and other senior strategists, gaining an up-close and personal view of companies at different stages of growth.

“It was all great,” says Katharina Lunenberg, who organized the trek as President of the MBA’s Entrepreneurship Club. “At Casper, we had a private meeting with one of their engineers, then worked on a case study to launch a new product into France. At Delivery Hero, we learned about their recent IPO.” That IPO gave the company a market value of approximately 4.4 billion euros.

At Axel Springer and Porsche, the MBA students weighed in on three startups pitching to enter the accelerator. “They were really relatable, because they were all pre-seed,” Katharina explains.

The MBA students also met the CEO of HomeToGo, the world’s largest search engine for vacation rentals, and toured the offices of N26 Group, one of Europe’s most well-known FinTech disrupters.

The post MBAs explore the startup scene in Berlin appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: A Career at the World’s Largest Car Manufacturer

In the race to bring fully autonomous cars to the public, Martin Dion’s goal is to be among those in the figurative driver’s seat. During the past 12 months alone, the HEC Paris MBA alumnus has been promoted from overseeing sales at one car dealership to supervising the sales of used cars at 11 different dealerships in and around Paris. And that’s just for starters.

If all goes according to Dion’s plans, he will be in Japan working on self-driving cars in 2020, just in time to provide them for Tokyo’s Summer Olympics.

The fact that Dion can envision such a speedy career trajectory in the automotive industry isn’t by accident. As a participant in the Alliance Rotational Development Program-Global (ARDP-G), a leadership fast track within the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance, he has the opportunity to work in 3 different countries, for 3 different companies, all within the next 5 years. It’s an opportunity to take his career exactly where he wants it to go, supported by mentors and talent managers from the world’s largest car manufacturer.

Dion, who had 13 years’ experience in the automotive industry as marketing product manager before starting at the HEC Paris MBA, says that his desire to work on connected cars and autonomous cars caused him to study the car market for almost an entire year while pursuing his degree.

Martin Dion, MBA ’17

“From my research, I decided that the new players like Uber, Apple and Google are exciting, but with the investment it takes to build a car-manufacturing plant, the new players will never do it,” he says. “I believe the tech companies will never be car manufacturers; they’ll just be suppliers to the historical players who are around since decades. That’s why I decided the best career move was to go with the historical leader.”

So how does an MBA graduate get into such a prestigious leadership pipeline, when faced with competitors from other top business schools? Dion says once he made it to the interview process, he spent hours on the phone with other HEC Paris alumni participating in the program, strategizing tactics.

Rina Miyasaka, the program manager for the ARDP-G, offers the following recruitment insights:

What is the Alliance looking for in their hires and what does it take to be successful?

Because the program is tailor-made to align with each individual’s career goals, there is no set career path everyone follows. Roles are determined based on both an individual’s interest but also where they can have the biggest impact in the organization. Participants may not know which country or position they’ll be rotating to up until a couple of weeks before they move. The nature of the program, having to deal with a lot of ambiguity, takes a great deal of emotional maturity and flexibility. More so than the technical skills, being able to keep an open mind, adaptability and learning agility are some of the key success factors for the program.

Do applicants need previous experience in the automotive industry?

Automotive experience is not mandatory. We leverage a person’s past experiences so that they are able to hit the ground running and perform from their first rotation.

What is the main advantage for participants?

It’s a great way to accelerate your career in a diverse and dynamic company. It was conceived to give high-potential candidates not only the relevant experiences to reach their career goals, but exposure and support such as mentoring and visibility to top executives. Despite being the busiest people in the organization, the Alliance’s business leaders always make time to engage with the program participants, giving them guidance and direction.

It’s truly rewarding to watch the program participants grow with each assignment and each challenge.

What’s the future job outlook?

The automotive industry will face more changes in the next 5 years than it has in the last 20, and with this evolution will come new challenges and opportunities.  For someone who wants to evolve and grow as a global leader in one of the most fast-paced, disruptive industries, this is the place.
The post A Career at the World’s Largest Car Manufacturer appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Networking at the Paris Talent Summit

In May 2018, I joined the second edition of the Paris Talent Summit, a two-day networking event and career fair dedicated to the technology industry. Organized by Talent Space, a career accelerator for all things digital, in collaboration with Station F, the world’s largest startup campus, the summit proved to be a great place to learn from the most promising startups in Europe. Participants could network with entrepreneurs and managers in the technology ecosystem, and possibly find a “dream” job or start a new venture.

During the first part, which lasted a day and a half, attendees participated in a trek of their choice. Each trek included up to three in-company workshops. Available treks covered trending technology topics such as Digital Platforms, FinTech, FoodTech, FrenchTech, Internet of Things (IoT), Media & Advertisement, Mobility & Logistics and Real Estate Tech.

I selected the IoT trek. In this context, I was invited to workshops by two fast-growing startups: Dreem – whose headbands bring together the best of technology and neuroscience to improve sleep quality – and Sigfox – a leading IoT service provider. Each workshop featured a company presentation followed by a team assignment. We had to propose a solution to either improve the service currently on offer, or address a customer pain point. This was an excellent chance to present our ideas and connect with the startups’ employees.

The second part of the Summit consisted of a half-day career fair at Station F. A diverse group of companies participated, including fast-growing startups like ManoMano, accelerators and venture capital funds like Cathay Innovation, as well as more established players such as Uber Eats, Airbnb and Google. We had the chance to approach company representatives in an informal and relaxed setting. Recruiters shared useful information about their business and discussed possible employment opportunities.

For this part, participants could request up to five company engagements prior to the career fair. If selected, we were invited for a fifteen-minute, one-on-one interaction with a company representative. I secured a spot with Eleven, a rapidly growing consulting firm that supports high-potential startups in their scale-up process.

The event was very well-conceived because it brought together a diverse base of top-notch companies and highly-engaged attendees, as we were pre-selected through a brief application. This ensured the right fit with the companies and set an upper limit to the number of participants. Consequently, the interaction with companies, managers and other attendants was smooth and productive.

My experience at the Paris Talent Summit was very positive, therefore I encourage my fellow MBA candidates to join next year’s event!
The post Networking at the Paris Talent Summit appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: From Campus to 21K at HEC Paris

The swathes of gorgeous forest that the HEC campus boasts of have always seemed, at first glance, somewhat mysterious to incoming students. Yet these wooded roads, which are populated by deer who make fleeting blink-and-you-miss-’em cameos, are the perfect place to release your inner runner.

Nitin in the semi marathon

The campus has three marked running trails of 3 km, 6 km and 7.5 km. For inveterate runners like myself, every warm-weather day brings the temptation to sprint away from my MBA homework and take on the challenge of the daunting slopes leading up from the lake. The longest trail winds through the woods to the rugby and football pitches that our talented athletes use in preparation for their medal-winning heroics at the annual MBA Tournament.

Every run at HEC is just a bit different. Some of my runs across these 340 acres have been accompanied by the chimes of Jouy’s church bells; during others I’ve watched France’s famed fighter planes trace out beautiful grey lines while conducting exercises in the clear blue skies overhead. Our beloved flock of ducks and swans are forever in attendance motivating me from the sidelines, meticulously pedaling away in the lake. Once, when I was especially lucky, a rainbow leaned down over HEC’s Chateau.

It was my exposure to these facilities that encouraged me to join some of my MBA cohort (and 40,000 Parisians) in running the 21 km Fitbit Semi De Paris, despite the fact that my last half marathon had been 8 years before.

HEC campus features forested running trails

As I set out on the big day, the ratio of runners to tourists in our train compartment seemed to increase with every passing station. By the time our group of HEC Paris MBA students arrived at Vincennes, the stream of passengers from my train had joined a veritable sea of half-marathoners heading straight for the starting line.

The route followed the Seine into Paris, weaved its way to Notre Dame, then went back along the river towards the Chateau De Vincennes. The day was wet and dull, and while this made the run less tiring, we would all doubtless have preferred to bask in some sunshine at the finish line.

While representing the HEC Paris MBA in our natty blue running gear was fulfilling, the most memorable part for me was the opportunity to run through Paris without being greeted by the usual bustling crowds.

We learned later that Professor Henrotte, our finance instructor, had not only run in the elite category, but had also put in an extraordinary timing, after which he proceeded to sprint without a moment of rest from the finish line to the metro station, annoyed by the day’s inclement weather!
The post From Campus to 21K at HEC Paris appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Learn how Companies Really Work through an MBA Internship

Summer break is a golden opportunity for adventure, and our MBA students are keen to try out something new. Some travel across Europe and further afield, while others catch up with friends and family across the globe. Some brush up on their French at a language school by the sea, and others embrace the chance to do the infamous MBA internship. For those who have career transformation in mind, this is their moment to try out their dream job, build their network and sometimes move to a new country. We asked six current HEC Paris MBA students to share how they landed their internship, and what they hope to gain from the experience.

Gabriel Louw

Internship: Credit Suisse International Wealth Management Summer Associate Program, Zurich 

Gabriel Louw

I was previously employed as an Equity Analyst and Fund Manager at a global UHNW multi-family office in South Africa. One of my goals when I came to HEC Paris was to stay in the finance sector, but to broaden my geographical focus. The first few weeks at HEC Paris were very helpful and there were numerous career-related workshops based around improving our CVs. We received guidelines on how to approach companies, and how to succeed at interviews. I also attended a finance fast-track workshop that helped me to orientate myself to the nuances of the European market.

September to October were difficult months as we were quite busy academically, and this was also the application window for the majority of summer internships in finance. During this period I met with one HEC Paris alum at Credit Suisse (CS), spoke to a few ex-CS bankers I knew and attended a CS IWM on-campus presentation where the IWM Summer Internship was introduced to us. I later corresponded with the people responsible for the internship program and applied. I had a few interviews, one of which took place in London, and finally I accepted a summer internship in Zurich. I have never been to Switzerland and I have always wanted to go, so I am excited to get started.

Ly Nguyen

Internship: Yoox Net-a-Porter, Milan

Yoox Net-a-Porter’s Milan Office

When you are applying to an MBA program you usually have a future career plan mapped out, but I was unsure of which direction to go. All I knew was that I didn’t want to go back to my previous work and I wanted to explore something more creative and fun. When I pondered my perfect future job I realized I wanted it to be in culture, art or fashion, and I wanted it to be related to technology and innovation. In all my admission essays, I would cite Yoox Net-a-Porter as an example of a company I could envisage myself working for.

Now imagine how thrilled I was when I learned that I got an offer for the MBA internship in Milan from Yoox Net-a-Porter! My internship project entails building a retail strategy for the Russian market. The HEC Paris MBA enabled me to be considered for this internship program, because the school’s reputation in the luxury industry is unparalleled and recognized by most luxury/fashion brands. I am learning everyday about the fashion e-commerce business, and it’s very exciting to see how it works from the inside. The project is very ambitious and it makes you think strategically about how you can make the business grow.

Georgie Young

Internship: Legacy and Impact Intern, Paris 2024 Organising Committee, Paris

Georgie Young is interning with the 2022 Olympics Committee

I arrived in France on June 23rd 2017, when Paris was in the midst of celebrating Olympic Day and putting the exclamation point on their bid to host the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games. In my application essays to HEC Paris, I’d gone to great lengths to detail my plan to transition from lifestyle fashion and sports apparel to a career in luxury. I’d spent only two weeks in the program when I realised that luxury wasn’t for me and that I wanted to return to the world of sports. In the midst of our orientation period for the MBA, Paris was awarded the rights to host the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad.

As part of my duties as a member of the MBAT Organising Committee (the sports tournament that the HEC Paris MBA hosts on campus every year), I connected with the Legacy division of the newly-formed Paris 2024 Organising Committee. Later, I undertook an MBA fieldwork project exploring legacy issues for Olympic host cities, and saw a real opportunity to apply for an internship. It’s an exciting time to join the team, and to engage with the many collaborators that will help make this the most inclusive Games ever.

The ability to tailor my MBA towards a specific industry and function, and leverage my MBA Project into an internship has undoubtedly been key for me in pursuing my post-MBA goals. I’m looking forward to a sports-filled summer!

Maria Pia Cuello

Internship: IFC Investment Services, Washington DC

Maria Pia Cuello in Washington

During my summer internship, I will be collaborating with strategic initiatives for the Global Tourism, Retail and Property Group under theIFC’s Investment Services. As an example, one of the projects I am assigned to involves identifying and analyzing business opportunities within the real estate industry in Latin America.

I first heard about the internship through HEC Paris’ Career Center. I believe that my previous job experience combined with my current MBA caught the IFC’s attention and made me a great fit for this role.

I hope by doing an internship at the IFC I can transition my career from investment banking to impact investing. Whether it is in Europe, in the US or in my home country Colombia, I’m positive my experience in Washington DC combined with the HEC Paris MBA will open the doors to make my envisioned career change.

Yanji Wang

Internship: Senior Consultant (MBA Intern), Monitor Deloitte, Amsterdam

Yanji Wang

I am working as a Senior Consultant (MBA intern) in Monitor Deloitte Amsterdamoffice. I work with the project team to provide strategic business solutions to clients.

The courses provided by HEC Paris such as classes in Strategic Management and the experiences I had with the MBA Consulting Club helped me land the internship. I believe that the solid business knowledge and the consulting network I developed during the MBA is going to come in extremely helpful.

I hope to gain a deeper understanding of life as a consultant and, at the same time, I hope to learn from my colleagues in the company and become a better consultant myself.

Anan Zhang

Internship: Digital Strategy Intern, Michelin, China

Anan Zhang at Michelin

My first encounter with Michelin was in March 2018 during China Business Day – a network event organized by HEC Paris MBA for students interested in careers in China. Michelin didn’t have any specific position open for an internship at that time, but I kept in contact, adjusted my schedule to fit their criteria, and subsequently landed my internship at TYREPLUS(Michelin’s one-stop car-maintenance service network) in May.

I am really interested to see what changes digitalization can bring to a huge company like Michelin. During my internship, I hope that I will gain hands-on experience of digital transformation, and important skills that I can apply across industries after my MBA.
The post Learn how Companies Really Work through an MBA Internship appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: MBA Interns Learn how Companies Really Work

Summer break is a golden opportunity for adventure, and our MBA students are keen to try something new. Some travel across Europe and further afield, while others catch up with friends and family across the globe. Some brush up on their French at a language school by the sea, and others embrace the chance to do the infamous MBA internship. For those who have career transformation in mind, this is their moment to try out their dream job, build their network and sometimes move to a new country. We asked six current HEC Paris MBA students to share how they landed their internship, and what they hope to gain from the experience.

Gabriel Louw

Internship: Credit Suisse International Wealth Management Summer Associate Program, Zurich 

Gabriel Louw

I was previously employed as an Equity Analyst and Fund Manager at a global UHNW multi-family office in South Africa. One of my goals when I came to HEC Paris was to stay in the finance sector, but to broaden my geographical focus. The first few weeks at HEC Paris were very helpful and there were numerous career-related workshops based around improving our CVs. We received guidelines on how to approach companies, and how to succeed at interviews. I also attended a finance fast-track workshop that helped me to orientate myself to the nuances of the European market.

September to October were difficult months as we were quite busy academically, and this was also the application window for the majority of summer internships in finance. During this period I met with one HEC Paris alum at Credit Suisse (CS), spoke to a few ex-CS bankers I knew and attended a CS International Wealth Management (IWM) on-campus presentation where the IWM Summer Internship was introduced to us. I later corresponded with the people responsible for the internship program and applied. I had a few interviews, one of which took place in London, and finally I accepted a summer internship in Zurich. I have never been to Switzerland and I have always wanted to go, so I am excited to get started.

Ly Nguyen

When you are applying to an MBA program you usually have a future career plan mapped out, but I was unsure of which direction to go. All I knew was that I didn’t want to go back to my previous work and I wanted to explore something more creative and fun. When I pondered my perfect future job I realized I wanted it to be in culture, art or fashion, and I wanted it to be related to technology and innovation. In all my admission essays, I would cite Yoox Net-a-Porter as an example of a company I could envisage myself working for.

Now imagine how thrilled I was when I got an offer for the MBA internship in Milan from Yoox Net-a-Porter! My internship project entails building a retail strategy for the Russian market. The HEC Paris MBA enabled me to be considered for this internship program, because the school’s reputation in the luxury industry is unparalleled and recognized by most luxury/fashion brands. Daily I am learning about the fashion e-commerce business, and it’s very exciting to see how it works from the inside. The project is very ambitious and it makes you think strategically about how you can make the business grow.

Georgie Young

Internship: Legacy and Impact Intern, Paris 2024 Organising Committee, Paris

Georgie Young is interning with the 2024 Olympic Organizing Committee

I arrived in France on June 23rd 2017, when Paris was in the midst of celebrating Olympic Day and putting the exclamation point on their bid to host the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games. In my application essays to HEC Paris, I’d gone to great lengths to detail my plan to transition from lifestyle, fashion and sports apparel to a career in luxury. I’d spent only two weeks in the program when I realised that luxury wasn’t for me and that I wanted to return to the world of sports. In the midst of our orientation period for the MBA, Paris was awarded the rights to host the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad.

As part of my duties as a member of the MBAT Organising Committee (the sports tournament that the HEC Paris MBA hosts on campus every year), I connected with the Legacy division of the newly-formed Paris 2024 Organising Committee. Later, I undertook an MBA fieldwork project exploring legacy issues for Olympic host cities, and saw a real opportunity to apply for an internship. It’s an exciting time to join the team, and to engage with the many collaborators that will help make this the most inclusive Games ever.

The ability to tailor my MBA towards a specific industry and function, and leverage my MBA Project into an internship, has undoubtedly been key for me in pursuing my post-MBA goals. I’m looking forward to a sports-filled summer!

Maria Pia Cuello

During my summer internship, I will be collaborating with strategic initiatives for the Global Tourism, Retail and Property Group under theIFC’s Investment Services. As an example, one of the projects I am assigned to involves identifying and analyzing business opportunities within the real-estate industry in Latin America.

I first heard about the internship through HEC Paris’ Career Center. I believe that my previous job experience combined with my current MBA caught the IFC’s attention and made me a great fit for this role.

I hope by doing an internship at the IFC I can transition my career from investment banking to impact investing. Whether it is in Europe, in the US or in my home country of Colombia, I’m positive my experience in Washington DC combined with the HEC Paris MBA will open the doors to make my envisioned career change.

Yanji Wang

Yanji Wang

I am working as a Senior Consultant (MBA intern) in Monitor Deloitte’s Amsterdamoffice. I work with the project team to provide strategic business solutions to clients.

The courses provided by HEC Paris such as classes in Strategic Management and the experiences I had with the MBA Consulting Club helped me land the internship. I believe that the solid business knowledge and the consulting network I developed during the MBA is going to be extremely helpful.

I hope to gain a deeper understanding of life as a consultant and, at the same time, I hope to learn from my colleagues in the company and become a better consultant myself.

Anan Zhang

Anan Zhang at Michelin

My first encounter with Michelin was in March 2018 during China Business Day – a networking event organized by HEC Paris for students interested in careers in China. Michelin didn’t have any specific positions open for an internship at that time, but I kept in contact, adjusted my schedule to fit their criteria, and subsequently landed my internship at TYREPLUS(Michelin’s one-stop car-maintenance service network) in May.

I am really interested to see what changes digitalization can bring to a huge company like Michelin. During my internship, I hope that I will gain hands-on experience of digital transformation, and important skills that I can apply across industries after my MBA.
The post MBA Interns Learn how Companies Really Work appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Highlights of an MBA Summer Internship

Summer break is a golden opportunity for adventure, and our MBA students are keen to try something new. Some travel across Europe and further afield, while others catch up with friends and family across the globe. Some brush up on their French at a language school by the sea, and others embrace the chance to do the infamous MBA internship. For those who have career transformation in mind, this is their moment to try out their dream job, build their network and sometimes move to a new country. We asked six current HEC Paris MBA students to share how they landed their internship, and what they hope to gain from the experience.

Gabriel Louw

Gabriel Louw

September to October were difficult months as we were quite busy academically, and this was also the application window for the majority of summer internships in finance. During this period I met with one HEC Paris alum at Credit Suisse (CS), spoke to a few ex-CS bankers I knew and attended a CS International Wealth Management (IWM) on-campus presentation where the IWM Summer Internship was introduced to us. I later corresponded with the people responsible for the internship program and applied. I had a few interviews, one of which took place in London, and finally I accepted a summer internship in Zurich. I have never been to Switzerland and I have always wanted to go, so I am excited to get started.

Ly Nguyen

Now imagine how thrilled I was when I got an offer for the MBA internship in Milan from Yoox Net-a-Porter! My internship project entails building a retail strategy for the Russian market. The HEC Paris MBA enabled me to be considered for this internship program, because the school’s reputation in the luxury industry is unparalleled and recognized by most luxury/fashion brands. I am learning daily about the fashion e-commerce business, and it’s very exciting to see how it works from the inside. The project is very ambitious and it makes you think strategically about how you can make the business grow.

Georgie Young

Internship: Legacy and Impact Intern, Paris 2024 Organizing Committee, Paris

Georgie Young is interning with the 2024 Olympic Organizing Committee

I arrived in France on June 23rd 2017, when Paris was in the midst of celebrating Olympic Day and putting the exclamation point on their bid to host the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games. In my application essays to HEC Paris, I’d gone to great lengths to detail my plan to transition from lifestyle, fashion and sports apparel to a career in luxury. I’d spent only two weeks in the program when I realised that luxury wasn’t for me and that I wanted to return to the world of sports. In the midst of our orientation period for the MBA, Paris was awarded the rights to host the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad.

As part of my duties as a member of the MBAT Organizing Committee (the sports tournament that the HEC Paris MBA hosts on campus every year), I connected with the Legacy division of the newly-formed Paris 2024 Organizing Committee. Later, I undertook an MBA fieldwork project exploring legacy issues for Olympic host cities, and saw a real opportunity to apply for an internship. It’s an exciting time to join the team, and to engage with the many collaborators that will help make this the most inclusive Games ever.

The ability to tailor my MBA towards a specific industry and function, and leverage my MBA Project into an internship, has undoubtedly been key for me in pursuing my post-MBA goals. I’m looking forward to a sports-filled summer!

Maria Pia Cuello

During my summer internship, I will be collaborating with strategic initiatives for the Global Tourism, Retail and Property Group under theIFC’s Investment Services. As an example, one of the projects I am assigned to involves identifying and analyzing business opportunities within the real-estate industry in Latin America.

I hope by doing an internship at the IFC I can transition my career from investment banking to impact investing. Whether it is in Europe, in the US or in my home country of Colombia, I’m positive my experience in Washington DC combined with the HEC Paris MBA will open the doors to make my envisioned career change.

Yanji Wang

Yanji Wang

I am working as a Senior Consultant (MBA intern) in Monitor Deloitte’s Amsterdamoffice. I work with the project team to provide strategic business solutions to clients.

The courses provided by HEC Paris such as classes in Strategic Management and the experiences I had with the MBA Consulting Club helped me land the internship. I believe that the solid business knowledge and the consulting network I developed during the MBA is going to be extremely helpful.

Anan Zhang

Anan Zhang at Michelin

My first encounter with Michelin was in March 2018 during China Business Day – a networking event organized by HEC Paris for students interested in careers in China. Michelin didn’t have any specific positions open for an intern at that time, but I kept in contact, adjusted my schedule to fit their criteria, and subsequently landed my internship at TYREPLUS(Michelin’s one-stop car-maintenance service network) in May.

I am really interested to see what changes digitalization can bring to a huge company like Michelin. During my internship, I hope that I will gain hands-on experience in digital transformation, and important skills that I can apply across industries after my MBA.
The post Highlights of an MBA Summer Internship appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: The Ultimate Guide to Summer Reading

The summer holidays is the perfect time to recharge your batteries, relax and refresh your mind by catching up on some great reading. For a few books to pack in your carry-on – look no further. HEC Paris MBA professors have some engaging recommendations for you, both in and out of the realm of business.

The Plot Against America, by Philip Roth (2004)

Recommended by Goncalo Pacheco de Almeida, Associate Professor of Strategy and Business Policy,

and by Jeremy Ghez, Affiliate Professor of Economics and International Affairs

Professor Pacheco de Almeida says: “This brilliantly-written novel takes the reader back to the Presidential elections of 1940 in the United States. Through an ensuing series of hypothetical – yet credible – set of socio-political events with historical figures the reader learns some fascinating and frightening lessons about human nature and the fragility of democratic institutions. Published in 2004, it shows an eerie premonition of the recent 2016 Presidential elections and the current state of affairs in international political relations.

Professor Ghez says: “This book is a powerful reminder of how fiction can help us better understand the present and enlighten us on possible alternatives and solutions. Roth gives us the opportunity to explore an alternate universe — and ultimately wake up.”

Thinking Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman (2011)

Recommended by Anne-Laure Sellier, Associate Professor of Marketing

Professor Sellier says: “Thinking Fast and Slow goes over the systematic deviations from rational thinking observed in human thinking. [In business] we tend to overestimate our own ability to behave rationally, particularly when under the pressure to make decisions fast. In this book, you fully appreciate how, even in the presence of the best data and experts possible, you may easily be led to make suboptimal, and sometimes terrible, decisions. Daniel Kahneman writes extremely well and clearly, which makes this book a relatively easy read. I say “relatively” because it is one rich source of knowledge. So, read on, and then reread again by bits when being confronted with situations reminding you of certain biases, whether in business or in your personal life.”

Money Changes Everything: How Finance Made Civilization Possible, by William Goetzmann (2016)

Recommended by Christophe Spaenjers, Associate Professor of Finance

Professor Spaenjers says: “William Goetzmann is a finance professor at the Yale School of Management (and a co-author of mine). The book delves into the history of financial markets and instruments –from Ancient Mesopotamia to Wall Street –and illustrates how finance has often been a force for the good. It also shows how in finance (as in other fields), it can be useful to look back and study which innovations worked (or not), and why. History doesn’t repeat itself but it often rhymes!

Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World, by Adam Grant (2016)

Recommended by Mathis Schulte, Associate Professor of Management and Human Resources

Professor Schulte says: “As any business –or business school –will tell you, originality and creativity are the keys to success in a fast-moving and complex world. Yet, organizations struggle to foster originality. As we know from research, original people have a hard time to be heard and are pushed to the periphery of social networks. Adam takes a refreshing look at the topic, and his stories and examples are inspiring to all of us to champion new ideas and go against the grain.”

Cracked It! How To Solve Big Problems And Sell Solutions Like Top Strategy Consultants, by Bernard Garrette, Corey Phelps and Olivier Sibony (2018)

Recommended by Bernard Garrette, Professor of Strategy and Business Policy and former Associate Dean of HEC Paris MBA

Professor Garrette says: “Research consistently shows that complex problem solving is crucial. For most of us, however, solving difficult problems and selling the solutions doesn’t come naturally and we haven’t been taught how to do it well. And when we try, studies show a host of pitfalls trip us up. In Cracked It!, we reveal how to overcome these obstacles and become better problem solvers and solution sellers using a rigorous, practical and proven four-step approach. With numerous case studies, this book will help you hone your skills in advanced content in strategy consulting, analytical thinking and design thinking.”

Debt: The First 5000 Years, by David Graeber (2011)

Recommended by Afshin Mehrpouya, Associate Professor of Accounting and Management Control

Professor Mehrpouya says: “Various forms of debt play a central role in influencing personal, organizational and national economic, social and political identities and behavior. This book provides an effective analysis of the changing relation between debt and morality over time. It is quite impressive in its breadth and depth of analysis. It details the rise of debt and the changing role of debt in Western societies over the past many centuries. I think it is a very insightful, important and pleasant read.”
The post The Ultimate Guide to Summer Reading appeared first on HEC Paris MBA News.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts