Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 3.95
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72874 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: expired passport [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hm... maybe worth a shot since you already got all the way here. An expired passport is not valid, but it is still yours... who knows; maybe it will slide. I'd bring several forms of ID and try but it is definitely an emotional "roller coaster".
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General
Schools:LBS,Oxford SAID,INSEAD,NUS
Send PM
also it is better to mention it. else they may consider that you are cheating.

Give a try..let us hope ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GRE 1: Q800 V630
GPA: 2.9
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
The most unusual thing happened to me. I had my GMAT scheduled on 8th October and I too realized that passport would be necessary just a couple of days before the exam. So I called up the Asia-Pacific call center and the agent, after discussing it with the program coordinator, told me that I would be allowed to give the exam if I produced my expired passport, my renewal slip and my driving license. I did and it somehow worked. But its been 19 days since and I haven't received my official score report. So I called them up today and it seems that now the passport-expiry thing be keeping my result on a hold. I had got a 740 (V 41| Q 49). I want to apply for a Ph.D and most of the priority deadlines are early to mid December.

They have now told me to wait for 5 days and call back. Come to think of it, it would have been better had they not allowed me then, then now cancelling my score (if they do). If I choose to give GMAT again, in case they cancel my scores, I'll never be able to complete my applications before the deadline for half the schools and priority deadline for the other half.

My question is, has anyone ever had a similar experience? And if yes, have they not been given their scores due to similar ID issues, in the past??
GMAT Club Bot