GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 03:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Extrmely Urgent : Should I CANCEL my score?!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Extrmely Urgent : Should I CANCEL my score?!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 01:39
So I took my GMAT today for a deferred MBA program and got a 670. Should I cancel my score as I intend on applying to bussiness school after 3-4 years and will require a 700+ score for the same.

As I have read on the forum that all valid scores are visible when sent to a school, will this lower score have an impact on my future chances despite that 700+ score? If yes, then what will be the magnitude of this impact?
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: Extrmely Urgent : Should I CANCEL my score?!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 03:48
abeerdhingra wrote:
So I took my GMAT today for a deferred MBA program and got a 670. Should I cancel my score as I intend on applying to bussiness school after 3-4 years and will require a 700+ score for the same.

As I have read on the forum that all valid scores are visible when sent to a school, will this lower score have an impact on my future chances despite that 700+ score? If yes, then what will be the magnitude of this impact?
670 is a good score (80%), and even the best schools don't require a 700+ score. I don't see any downside to keeping a 670. Maybe if you already had a higher score it would make sense to cancel this 670, but as it stands, this 670 will give you options in the future. Keep in mind that plenty of people make it to good schools with sub-700 scores every year.

That said, if you are really unsure, go ahead and cancel. You can always get (reinstate) this score back by paying the GMAC $50, so it's not as if cancellation is an irreversible step.

Ascore Prep | Online | Bangalore

Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 09:55
abeerdhingra wrote:

In addition to the points above, if you score a 700+, it will also show progress to the B-schools. So I wouldn't worry too much about it considering that this is the first attempt.

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Target Test Prep Representative
G
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 10:01
Hi abeerdhingra,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. Since you plan to retake the GMAT (and score higher), I recommend that you cancel this score, so only your potential 700+ score will be visible to schools. That being said, if for some reason you don’t retake the GMAT or want to use your 670, you can reinstate your score as long as you do so within 4 years and 11 months of your test date.

By when do you plan to retake the exam? For how long have you been studying?

You may find this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT helpful.

Please reach out with further questions.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Re: Extrmely Urgent : Should I CANCEL my score?! &nbs [#permalink] 07 Aug 2018, 10:01

Extrmely Urgent : Should I CANCEL my score?!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap