Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

Favorite Essay

43% [17]
5% [2]
12% [5]
7% [3]
2% [1]
28% [11]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Re: Favorite essay this application season.... [#permalink]
How could anyone chose the 21st century MBA question on the CBS app as their favorite? I wonder who voted for that in this poll? Must be DJhouse :) (heard he loves SM) :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Chicago 2nd was the one I really enjoyed writing. BTW I'll post it for everybody who's interested on the Essay Vault...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
I loved Yale's "choose your own essay question and answer it." Why I liked it? Because I was able to reuse my other b-school's essay in a cut and paste manner :-D I wish all of the b-school essays were that easy!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:
How could anyone chose the 21st century MBA question on the CBS app as their favorite? I wonder who voted for that in this poll? Must be DJhouse :) (heard he loves SM) :)

Dosa, the difficult choice between Ross and Fuqua must be making you delusional! :shock:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
My vote for the goals essay too... I chose it because, I had to *think* really hard. Tying up all the stories from the past, with plausible explanations for everything you did, was really amazing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
if i were an adcom member, i would be unbelievably bored reading the same essay 4,000 times (i want to be ceo and take over the world....and a hbs mba is the first step!). and my personal opinion is that since there is no common application to apply to all schools, many adcoms have blown the opportunity to really get to know their applicants. that's why i think stern's third essay, describe yourself to your classmates (feel free to be creative), was one of the best opportunities for applicants to really show off and add some color to their app.

imagine how many different/imaginative responses they must get....that would make a job as an admissions officer a lot more interesting! :shock:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Dj- i think me getting delusional has to do more with the lack of work or motivation to work. I am stuck to GMAT club and browsing. Ross Duke choice is not helping either :)

djhouse81 wrote:
dosa_don wrote:

Dosa, the difficult choice between Ross and Fuqua must be making you delusional! :shock:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone tried editing a poll after people have voted?
I was thinking of adding some of the standard essays too, now that we've seen folks choosing the goals essay over the others..Just don't want that to mess up the counts.

BTW even I thought the Chicago PPT was the best..fun to work on.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Chicago PPT by a mile
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Chicago powerpoint !!! I think that and my NYU creative essays were my strongest and I had the most fun writing/creating them.

Same story here. The presentation (and the Stern creative essay, which was a recycle of the Chicago presentation) were by far my best works, which geniunely reflected me as a person. I managed to transmit a very clear message with very little words - power of the image I guess.

I also enjoyed writing my optional essays, where I could talk about my personal experiences.

Most boring and difficult one was of course the why MBA essay (but I guess that's for the majority).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:
How could anyone chose the 21st century MBA question on the CBS app as their favorite? I wonder who voted for that in this poll?

No kidding! I'm not sure how it was even included in the poll :) - Perhaps the same way Sanjaya made it into the top 10 in American Idol.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Ross 2010
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Although it was the hardest and took forever to come up with something I really liked Stanford's What Matters Most to You and Why.....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Haha..the only reason I added it was because it was "out there" and definitely raised a few eye-brows.
Now it would surely become a Sanjaya if you have people voting for it enough times :lol:

ryguy904 wrote:
dosa_don wrote:
How could anyone chose the 21st century MBA question on the CBS app as their favorite? I wonder who voted for that in this poll?

No kidding! I'm not sure how it was even included in the poll :) - Perhaps the same way Sanjaya made it into the top 10 in American Idol.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I voted other, my choice is Kelloggs what makes you unique essay (some other schools have this). This is the ultimate in sell yourself essay, the why I am different and will add a different perspective to the school. Chicago's PPT was one of the cooler ones to do since it was a good change of pace but it added little benefit to your application so I wouldnt consider it my favorite. I picked the one that I had the most fun writing and felt was the biggest benefit to my overall application and the success I had.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I really liked Ross's If you were not pursuing the career goals you selected.. essay. Chance to showcase what i was passionate about in an unconventional way
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
I enjoyed the "If you can invite someone to dinner (past, present), who would it be" from Haas.

The "What matters to you most, and why" from Stanford was the most painful, but in the end, it was the most self-revealing.

Those two, looking back, would be my favorite essays.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
toDoorNot wrote:
I really liked Ross's If you were not pursuing the career goals you selected.. essay. Chance to showcase what i was passionate about in an unconventional way

Yeah! I voted Other too, because of this Ross's essay. Really enjoyed writing it.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2