Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Final proofreading... [#permalink]
CookieMonster wrote:
dabots wrote:
are really painful to me. im pretty much done with my wharton app, but im going over it with a fine tooth comb. its extremely hard for me to resist tweaking small things here and there. i could really do this for weeks. anybody else stressing over this?

not yet at least..
still crafting GSB essay 1.
im looking at 1600 words and im prob 4/5 done.
did they mention anything at the "GSB Live" admissions discussion about essay length?
sorry for switching subjects..

I don't remember if they mentioned anything there, but the essay length says "1500 words maximum"...I take "maximum" to mean there isn't really any leniency.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
dabots wrote:
are really painful to me. im pretty much done with my wharton app, but im going over it with a fine tooth comb. its extremely hard for me to resist tweaking small things here and there. i could really do this for weeks. anybody else stressing over this?

If you've done the Wharton app, you should seriously consider applying to HBS for R2. I was originally waffling on applying to Wharton, but when I saw how similar the essays were to HBS, its just too easy to pass up. Plus, I felt lonely being the only GMATClubber at GSB Live applying to HBS :lol:.

What I did is send the essay off to a copy editing service online to do my final proof read. I reviewed it once out loud after I received the essays back to make sure there weren't any obvious errors, I didn't allow myself to do any last minute tweaks. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
some schools allow +/- 10%, so the actual maximum might not actually be 1500.
Was wondering if GSB is also lenient in this regard

faceman wrote:
CookieMonster wrote:
dabots wrote:

not yet at least..
still crafting GSB essay 1.
im looking at 1600 words and im prob 4/5 done.
did they mention anything at the "GSB Live" admissions discussion about essay length?
sorry for switching subjects..

I don't remember if they mentioned anything there, but the essay length says "1500 words maximum"...I take "maximum" to mean there isn't really any leniency.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
CookieMonster wrote:
some schools allow +/- 10%, so the actual maximum might not actually be 1500.
Was wondering if GSB is also lenient in this regard

I dont think they put the effort into figure out word counts, the +10% rule is because it generally doesnt stand out as being too long. If its 30% over its going to be obvious. Mine is a little over like 20 or 30 words now and I am not worried about that.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
[#permalink]
Re-editing your essays after they get past a *certain* stage is like bloody brain surgery. I really enjoyed writing some of the essays till now, but what I'm doing right now is really NOT enjoyable...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
KingKREEP wrote:
Re-editing your essays after they get past a *certain* stage is like bloody brain surgery. I really enjoyed writing some of the essays till now, but what I'm doing right now is really NOT enjoyable...

I think it may hurt too eventually. I feel that I am getting to the point of over thinking my Ross essays. I am going to stop working on them for a couple of weeks, let my reviewers give them another look over, and probably be done with them.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]