It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 07:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Find the assumptions (CR)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Oct 2016
Posts: 47

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 11

Find the assumptions (CR) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 07:20
I'm shooting for a 760-800 and at that level, I find the assumptions can be hard to find. Is the best method to improve just doing sets or is there something better?
_________________

+1 KUDOS if you find it useful :)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 11

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Posts: 1614

Kudos [?]: 689 [0], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Find the assumptions (CR) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 12:00
Hi @grahamandrew,

First things first i would request you to use the correct forum to ask your questions.
As for your question, eGMAT prescribes a negation technique which helps you eliminate the wrong answer options.

1. What is the negation technique?
https://e-gmat.com/blog/gmat-verbal/cri ... -reasoning
2. How to negate : https://gmatclub.com/forum/article-what ... 38510.html

Please follow this process once you have eliminated the irrelevant answer options, and are not able to choose
between the last 2 answer choices, you can use the negation technique to find the solution to your question

Hope that helps you!
_________________

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 689 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Oct 2016
Posts: 47

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 11

Re: Find the assumptions (CR) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 13:39
pushpitkc wrote:
Hi @grahamandrew,

First things first i would request you to use the correct forum to ask your questions.
As for your question, eGMAT prescribes a negation technique which helps you eliminate the wrong answer options.

1. What is the negation technique?
https://e-gmat.com/blog/gmat-verbal/cri ... -reasoning
2. How to negate : https://gmatclub.com/forum/article-what ... 38510.html

Please follow this process once you have eliminated the irrelevant answer options, and are not able to choose
between the last 2 answer choices, you can use the negation technique to find the solution to your question

Hope that helps you!


First, let me say thanks for your advice. Second, sorry if I posted in the incorrect area, but I hope you can explain to me how I messed up so I do not do it in the future. My question pertained to the verbal section of the test, so I put it in the verbal section of the forum.
_________________

+1 KUDOS if you find it useful :)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 11

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Posts: 1614

Kudos [?]: 689 [1], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Find the assumptions (CR) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 20:42
1
This post received
KUDOS
grahamtandrew wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:
Hi @grahamandrew,

First things first i would request you to use the correct forum to ask your questions.
As for your question, eGMAT prescribes a negation technique which helps you eliminate the wrong answer options.

1. What is the negation technique?
https://e-gmat.com/blog/gmat-verbal/cri ... -reasoning
2. How to negate : https://gmatclub.com/forum/article-what ... 38510.html

Please follow this process once you have eliminated the irrelevant answer options, and are not able to choose
between the last 2 answer choices, you can use the negation technique to find the solution to your question

Hope that helps you!


First, let me say thanks for your advice. Second, sorry if I posted in the incorrect area, but I hope you can explain to me how I messed up so I do not do it in the future. My question pertained to the verbal section of the test, so I put it in the verbal section of the forum.



Well actually, you had posted in the forum "General GMAT Questions and Strategies"
I had moved it to the Verbal forum. :)
_________________

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 689 [1], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Oct 2016
Posts: 47

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 11

Re: Find the assumptions (CR) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2017, 12:47
pushpitkc wrote:
grahamtandrew wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:
Hi @grahamandrew,

First things first i would request you to use the correct forum to ask your questions.
As for your question, eGMAT prescribes a negation technique which helps you eliminate the wrong answer options.

1. What is the negation technique?
https://e-gmat.com/blog/gmat-verbal/cri ... -reasoning
2. How to negate : https://gmatclub.com/forum/article-what ... 38510.html

Please follow this process once you have eliminated the irrelevant answer options, and are not able to choose
between the last 2 answer choices, you can use the negation technique to find the solution to your question

Hope that helps you!


First, let me say thanks for your advice. Second, sorry if I posted in the incorrect area, but I hope you can explain to me how I messed up so I do not do it in the future. My question pertained to the verbal section of the test, so I put it in the verbal section of the forum.



Well actually, you had posted in the forum "General GMAT Questions and Strategies"
I had moved it to the Verbal forum. :)


That was dumb of me. thanks.
_________________

+1 KUDOS if you find it useful :)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 11

Re: Find the assumptions (CR)   [#permalink] 06 Sep 2017, 12:47
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Find the assumptions (CR)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.