Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22054 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Flunked the GMAT ..510 on first attempt :( [#permalink]
Leeke254 wrote:
I have been using TTP myself and even if it doesn't give a study plan, how I organized it is I do the Modules as they are listed on the program.

For example I read Module one content very carefully answering all the practice questions in between, then at the end of that module, there are the easy, medium, difficult questions, I strive to get 100% in those sections. Then, I follow it up with questions from GMATCLUB question bank in the same topic and I ensure that I have mastered that before moving to the next module. I plan to also do som OG questions from the various books I have.

As for timing, I am working with 4 hours daily on weekdays and about 6-8 hours on weekends. I also scored 530 in my first attempt and I am definitely shooting to get 700.

Yeah ..I am doing the same currently reading the modules in sequence.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi nr09,

I'm glad to see that you are using TTP! Regarding how to move forward, it is important that you follow the order of how everything is presented on the study plan. I realize that we do not provide a completion time for each module but that is simply because each student works at a different pace, so it's not possible to normalize completion time for all students. In any case, why don't you reach out to us directly and we can chat further about how to move forward through TTP.

Thank you Scott for answering. Yes I have reached out to TTP directly :)

Out of all the books I have referred so far , TTP is the most elaborate and very well explained. One of the best feature is the active review sheet. It makes my notes so much more organized and I don't have to waste time in deciding what is important to note down.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
I believe that people have already shared study plans and how to go forward. Surely that will be helpful. But i just wanna call out here that being a mom of 2 young kids is full time job and trying to manage GMAT prep between all this work is not easy. So Kudos to you for that. Just dont give up. I am sure you will crack it :)
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22054 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
nr09 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi nr09,

I'm glad to see that you are using TTP! Regarding how to move forward, it is important that you follow the order of how everything is presented on the study plan. I realize that we do not provide a completion time for each module but that is simply because each student works at a different pace, so it's not possible to normalize completion time for all students. In any case, why don't you reach out to us directly and we can chat further about how to move forward through TTP.

Thank you Scott for answering. Yes I have reached out to TTP directly :)

Out of all the books I have referred so far , TTP is the most elaborate and very well explained. One of the best feature is the active review sheet. It makes my notes so much more organized and I don't have to waste time in deciding what is important to note down.

I'm so happy to hear all of this! If you need anything else, feel free to reach out.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
nr09 wrote:
Hi ,

I am a mom of 2 young kids and carrying this burden of MBA/GMAT from last 10 years. I kept postponing my MBA plans every year due to some or the other reasons (not here to give excuses , just sharing the facts).

Last year I decided to take on my studies again and started preparing for GMAT. I would not lie but I have been extremely casual around my prep...solved questions randomly here and there and skimmed through few topics. I am so disappointed with myself about how I still didn't give priority to my studies over other stuff and kept rescheduling the exam several times.

Today finally I took the GMAT with almost NO preparation just to test the waters and I flunked it terribly ending up with a 510.

I don't blame anything else for this performance but myself ..I know I can do much better but I kept procrastinating.

At this point, I don't want to give up and try harder and very seriously this time. I have enrolled in TTP (Quants & Verbal ) both. Its an elaborate course very nicely laid out but it doesn't give any study plan ..like complete ch 1-4 in one week, solve problems 1-20 from OG etc. So even though I have all the tools TTP, MGMAT & OG , I still fail to comply to a routine and not being able to make myself accountable for completing the targets.

Please tell me if its possible to get a 200 point improvement and should I even aim for 700+?

Please also help me with establishing a study routine. I am good when a I need to follow a structure and waste a lot of time coming up with my own plan.

Anyone using TTP and willing to share their study plan would be great.

Thanks a ton ,
Back to sulking ..:(

Hey nr09,

Sorry about how things went with your GMAT. If you are still looking to improve your score and are seeking guidance, you can get in touch with me over a call. We can have a detailed discussion regarding the study strategy, the way to approach GMAT and your weak areas and can come up with a plan of action. You can use the below link to schedule a call with me.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts