Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: FOR PROFILE EVALUATION PL [#permalink]
Expert Reply
srish08 wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
srish08 wrote:
Hi,

My profile highlights:

Work Ex- 4.5 years (In supply chain management)
GMAT Score- 640 : Q49, V28
GPA- 4

In addition to the above details I would like to brief about my work experience and my achievements.
I am an electronics & telecom engineer working with Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. as a purchase manager since July 2011.
I am a "full member" of IIMM (Indian Institute of Materials Management).I have handled procurement of a range of categories of materials and thus have proficiency in contract management,vendor management,supplier relationship management and inventory management.
Since I am associated with supply chain management for 4+ years , therefore I am well acquainted with almost all contractual ,commercial as well as legal terms and conditions associated with the purchase orders, SLA, blanket orders, vendor managed inventory contracts, partnership rate contracts and import purchases.
Apart, from being a purchase manager, I am OFFICE TPM pillar coordinator of complete plant as well ISO document controller of my department.

I have a certification in Supply Chain Management from IIMM (Indian Institute of Materials Management). I have also completed certification in Cost and Price analysis course and Effective negotiation course from ISM-INDIA,affiliated with ISM Inc.USA.
Apart from my commercial profile I love to write articles and have bagged prizes in several essay writing competitions. Also I possess quite good presentation skills and have stood either first or second in various presentation competitions.

• Bagged:
o Employee of the Month Award in 2015 & 2014 for extraordinary savings by conducting Cost analysis and TCO.
o 2nd prize in Swadhaya (Essay and PPT Competitions) conduced for the topic” Sustainable development in industrial sector” in 2012
o 2nd prize twice in Paper Presentation consecutively at college level in 2009
o 3rd prize in Technical College in 2009
o Prizes in college on Communication Skills
• Achieved excellence in academics and recognized as branch topper in 1st year
o 1st rank in anchoring at college fests
o 2nd prize in Declamation organized at school

Pl help me in profile evaluation and selection of best b-school as per my profile.
Thanks !!!

Srish

Hello there!
A few more questions for you:
What school did you attend? What is your Indian GPA?
Do you have any leadership experience? Or international experience?
What are your goals?
And when are you planning to apply?

Get back to me, and I'll do my best to answer your questions!
Cheers,
Jon

Hii Jon,

Thanks for a such a prompt reply.
Indian GPA- 4/5
School- Vishveshwarya Institute of Engineering & Technology
I do not have any international experience but I have led a team of less than 10 members at work while completing two important process improvement projects, namely reverse auction portal and NFA portal, in my department.

Hello there good sir,
Okay so I think that with your current GMAT score and from what I can see in your profile, you can apply to schools in the 20-50 range (US news and world report). My advice would be to spread yourself out amongst this range, choosing some tougher and some easier schools so that you can hit your target.

And if you are planning on applying this year, you better get started!!!
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts