Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:25 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72915 [157]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619739 [0]
Given Kudos: 81613
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 666
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Booth '22
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V28
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V2.0- Update! [#permalink]
Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell whether questions are repeated in the Forum Quiz. Or questions once attempted are not asked again???

And does the 1 week of free trial offer full features of the Forum Quiz and comprises of all good quality questions???

Thanks and Regards!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 540 Q57 V19
Send PM
Hello I have taken clubtest membership and ut had 1 year subscription of forum quiz as bundled. However now I am unable to access forum quizzes.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V28
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell whether questions are repeated in the Forum Quiz. Or questions once attempted are not asked again???

And does the 1 week of free trial offer full features of the Forum Quiz and comprises of all good quality questions???

Thanks and Regards!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
Send PM
bb - Great feature and just subscribed.

I am starting the quiz for a single RC question, from a forum post, but when I attempt, I am still able to see other's info, such as correct, incorrect %, avg. time etc. I wonder if there is a way to disable this, or if its by design?

I find this is a distraction in test mode, as others performance on a certain Q, influences how you perceive the question.

Another feedback would be to fix the scrolling in RC passages. Currently, you see a scroll bar for both the passage and the questions, but when you want to scroll through the passage, the scroll bar on the left isnt sufficient depending on the position of the question scroll bar and often you have to move both scroll bars to move up and down, which affects focus and timing. It would be good to have the scroll bar on the passage, work independently of the question scroll bar.

Thanks
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
TargetMBA007 wrote:

I am starting the quiz for a single RC question, from a forum post, but when I attempt, I am still able to see other's info, such as correct, incorrect %, avg. time etc. I wonder if there is a way to disable this, or if its by design?

I find this is a distraction in test mode, as others performance on a certain Q, influences how you perceive the question.

Another feedback would be to fix the scrolling in RC passages. Currently, you see a scroll bar for both the passage and the questions, but when you want to scroll through the passage, the scroll bar on the left isnt sufficient depending on the position of the question scroll bar and often you have to move both scroll bars to move up and down, which affects focus and timing. It would be good to have the scroll bar on the passage, work independently of the question scroll bar.

Thanks

Can you please post a screenshot of these issues? I was not able to reproduce any of them. Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bunuel wrote:
TargetMBA007 wrote:

Thanks

Can you please post a screenshot of these issues? I was not able to reproduce any of them. Thank you!

Bunuel - Sure, recorded the issues here: https://www.loom.com/share/e5e84c72eba7 ... f9e7507370

1. Would like to add, if it is at all possible to show 1Q at a time on RC, that would be the closest replication of the Gmat interface and eliminate a lot of the scrolling.
2. Another issue is that with CR, Lets say you are doing only 1 passage, it only starts counting the time, when you click on Q1, which means the "error log" does not capture the time spent reading the passage, unless someone manually clicked on "start". Over time, this will create a discrepency between people using the quiz format, and the forum, as on the forum, Q1, will almost always calculate the passage reading time. The workaround to this would be, to "auto-start" the timer on Q1, have an alert, or include the test time in Q1's time. I know this is tricky, as other Q types dont have this issue, but i think automaticaly starting the clock on the first Q, irrespective of Q-Type, might be the best solution, and the closest replication of the actual test environment.

Thanks
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
TargetMBA007 wrote:
Bunuel wrote:
TargetMBA007 wrote:

Thanks

Bunuel - Sure, recorded the issues here: https://www.loom.com/share/e5e84c72eba7 ... f9e7507370

1. Would like to add, if it is at all possible to show 1Q at a time on RC, that would be the closest replication of the Gmat interface and eliminate a lot of the scrolling.
2. Another issue is that with CR, Lets say you are doing only 1 passage, it only starts counting the time, when you click on Q1, which means the "error log" does not capture the time spent reading the passage, unless someone manually clicked on "start". Over time, this will create a discrepency between people using the quiz format, and the forum, as on the forum, Q1, will almost always calculate the passage reading time. The workaround to this would be, to "auto-start" the timer on Q1, have an alert, or include the test time in Q1's time. I know this is tricky, as other Q types dont have this issue, but i think automaticaly starting the clock on the first Q, irrespective of Q-Type, might be the best solution, and the closest replication of the actual test environment.

Thanks

Thank you very much for such a comprehensive report! We will look into it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Bunuel wrote:

No worries.
I just realized that the timer does automatically start on Quant Questions, so I guess this is just a RC specific issue.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72915 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
TargetMBA007 wrote:
Bunuel wrote:

No worries.
I just realized that the timer does automatically start on Quant Questions, so I guess this is just a RC specific issue.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Yes, the RC is a bit of an outcast.
Originally, reading comprehension wasn’t even within the scope of forum quiz and was not expected to be used but the developers were able to integrate it so it was a nice freebie so to speak … a bonus.

At the same time, reading comprehension has a number of issues. First, it would be helpful to track time by whole passage and not buy individual questions. At the same time it would be helpful to split the time by reading and question. At the same time, it would be nice not to have to click a lot of buttons.

The timer is automatic on all questions except reading comprehension and as we release data insights soon, it will be automatic on those questions except MSR which resemble reading comprehension.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72915 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
NOV 26, 2023 - DI Questions

Quiz now supports DI questions - 3 new columns have been added for G&T, TPA, and MSR questions.
DI question support has also been added to the error log!

Should you have any issues or experience anything abnormal, please let me know.
Thank you,
BB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2129
Send PM
Hey,

Thanks for the explanation.
There seems to be a problem.
In the older UI, I was able to select all bookmarked questions.
In the new UI, I am able to select [bookmarked + mistakes only] OR [bookmarked + correct only].
If I unselect the mistakes only button, the correct only button get selected automatically and vice versa.

Could you please provide a way to attempt all bookmarked irrespective of wrong or right?

Regards,
Ankit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 1840
Send PM
Hi @bb/@bunuel and other forum quiz users,

Kindly can you let me know if there is any way in Forum quiz where we can hide the individual question timer and just get the reverse timer in timed practice ? FYI, I need this feature to mentally map the time.

Thanks !
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
SnorLax_7 wrote:
Hi @bb/@bunuel and other forum quiz users,

Kindly can you let me know if there is any way in Forum quiz where we can hide the individual question timer and just get the reverse timer in timed practice ? FYI, I need this feature to mentally map the time.

Thanks !

Currently, you have the option to either display both timers — the individual timer and the reverse total — or to hide them both simultaneously.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72915 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi folks, just a quick note, we will be bumping up the price for forum Quiz by $5 for new subscribers later on today.

This has NO IMPACT on the existing subscribers. All existing subscribers will continue to use and be billed based on the old price.
Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Hi folks, just a quick note, we will be bumping up the price for forum Quiz by $5 for new subscribers later on today.

This has NO IMPACT on the existing subscribers. All existing subscribers will continue to use and be billed based on the old price.
Thank you.

Hey bb

I just subscribed to the forum quiz but i am unable to see the source link in the quiz. How do i select the official questions in the forum quiz?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thank you for this! is there any way to filter for source like the older version? thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Forum Quiz V2.0- Update! [#permalink]
Hi bb Bunuel

my GMAT prep teacher suggested using this tool, however when she showed me the interface, it had an option to select source (like gmat official, gmat prep etc etc). However, when i go to the dashboard i do not get that option. Can you please help? I even subscribed thinking that maybe subscription vs free trial was the issue.
Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Getting the same problem

shubhendu13 wrote:
bb wrote:

Thank you.

Hey bb

I just subscribed to the forum quiz but i am unable to see the source link in the quiz. How do i select the official questions in the forum quiz?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21