Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:19 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72903 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72903 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Foster vs. McCombs (class of 2026) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Sure. Foster is in Seattle surrounded by Amazon, Microsoft, multiple offices of Google in Bellevue, Kirkland, and all over (thousands of people) and multiple offices of Meta (Bellevue and Seattle). Almost everyone recruits into Tech industry but different roles just becuase it dominates so much. I used to live in Redmond and all but 2 people on my street worked for MSFT. 1 person was I and the the other worked for Expedia I think. So Foster is heavy tech just because it is so much of it here and jobs have been plentiful in the past (not so much right now). Surprisingly there is a consulting segment at Foster but my suspicion it may be Tech consulting as well (I may be off). The reason there is some non-profit are the MSFT and other tech foundations that are funding other initiatives.

In terms of which program to choose if you are ignoring options and employment or being agnostic - I think with McCombs you are going to be in a bigger program with more classmates and more resources but still fairly regional. More diversity in a classroom as the result of program size. Program size does help - more people means more alums, more current students, more classes, tips, more incentives for recruiters to come on campus.

Overall quite similar instruction, program, etc. It is not like these schools have a revolutionary curriculum. They both rotate professors, books, etc. both are standard (not case based method) I don't want to get into climate and choosing your experience based on being rained for 9 months or sweating for 9 months as that is superficial but there is some consequence there - as both are regional, you will end up either in Texas or Seattle depending on where you go and if you don't want to be in one or the other, that may push you into a certain direction.

Bottom line, you will be locked into Tech in Seattle. More options in Texas and if you don't want tech or you are not competitive for Tech recruiting, maybe McCombs is better....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Again, thank you so much. That helps me so much! Very good and valid points.
Have a nice eve!!
Best, J
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts