Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 678 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [1]
Send PM
Re: Fresher Query [#permalink]
Kudos
VyshakhR1995 wrote:
EduSimplified wrote:
VyshakhR1995 wrote:
Hey guys i am a fresher,Will joining in a institute where my primary job is to teach hamper my chance of getting into a good Bschool. Will it be taken as a negative point while evaluating the profile

Hi there,
I dont see why your work ex in education industry will hamper your chances of getting in any business school.

we need business related work experience right?? Plus The value of gmat score will reduce if i am teaching ??

Hi,

No ! You don't need business experience. Also, I don't understand why will the value of your GMAT score reduce because you are a teacher ?

You need to show leadership experience.
You need to show an upward trajectory in your career.
You need to show why doing an MBA will help you achieve your goals.

If you are able to do that, you get an admission. A lot of candidates go from Social Work to Corporate jobs and vice-versa. People pursue MBA for different reasons and career change is definitely on the top. I hope this satisfies your queries

Best,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Had some backpapers in college.Will this affect my admission if i get a good gmat score and decent recommendations. And part of the job is Business devalopement--->Thats good right. Thanks for your Time.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Send PM
VyshakhR1995 wrote:
Had some backpapers in college.Will this affect my admission if i get a good gmat score and decent recommendations. And part of the job is Business devalopement--->Thats good right. Thanks for your Time.

Provided you get a high GMAT score, its effect should be minimal. I don't know your profile in its entirety to comment on the business development aspect of it. Might I suggest a free consulting call to discuss your profile ?

Best,
GMAT Club Bot