Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 06:39 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 06:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Management
Schools:Harvard, Penn, Maryland
 Q45  V41 GMAT 2: 760  Q48  V47
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 297 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: From 600 to 650. Should I retake one final time? [#permalink]
Thanks for your encouraging words dk94588 and rigger. I must have gone through cover to cover of manhattan SC at least 5 times. In all the practice from various sources, always had a hit rate of more than 90% on SC. CR and RC were always iffy for me although I could see the scores in these two areas stabilising in the last two weeks. Having said that, I was never as confident tackling CR and RC as I was solving SC problems. 1000SC and 1000CR should help alongwith some active reading of scientific journals etc. I have got powerscore CR bible. Good feedback by some fellow members here at GC notwithstanding, I found the book a bit too much of a dry read with quite abstract contents. Now I think I should put my foot down and read some of the technical details which were, I must confess, useful.

I agree with dk94588 about building endurance and short sprints of say 3 hours at a go on verbal seems like a good idea. btw, what do you guys think about GMATClub verbal tests. I have about 3 of them left. Are they good practice? Also, does someone of you have any opinion on any verbal course by the testprep companies in the market?

I have almost decided to take GMAT on one final time. So please let your thoughts and opinions on handling verbal flow. I would much appreciate them. My absolute dream school is LBS followed by insead, cambridge and imd in that order. Right now all of them seem to be a stretch.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Management
Schools:Harvard, Penn, Maryland
 Q45  V41 GMAT 2: 760  Q48  V47
Send PM
any practice is good practice, but GMATclub, as well as all other providers, does have strengths and weaknesses, so I would do a large array of different providers. I am sort of trying to get the tests for free by making 200 posts or getting kudos tho, so I can't really tell you if they are or not. I know searching the forums here and trying to answer the questions ppl post is helpful tho, i mean I got a 41V and I'm still learning stuff on the forums.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:UCLA, INSEAD
Send PM
It looks like you are showing good improvement with each test. Like other posters have mentioned, perhaps taking a month and focusing on the verbal will help you get you to where you want to be.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts