GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2019, 05:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Full Time VS Part Time

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Full Time VS Part Time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 13:08
Hey guys,

Currently studying for the GMAT as we speak. I am in project management for a large commercial contractor who primarily builds high rise office and residential buildings for well known national real estate development companies. I would like to take all of my construction knowledge over to the actual development side of things, and this is where I believe an MBA would come in handy. The MBA would be a stepping stone for me to get into an associate role with a developer, and I feel my construction background could only help me market myself better. While I could transition to a development company as a construction manager, I am more interested in the financial/deal side of things.

All of my research seems to suggest that FT is the way to go if you want to switch careers, but is what I am wanting to do considered an industry change? I would personally like to go part time so I could continue to work, keep learning the construction business, continue building my network, etc.

I am not afraid of networking to find a job, would you guys consider the part time/weekend program a good fit for me? I am interested in the McCombs & Mays weekend programs as well as the Rice PT program.

All help is greatly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting, Economics
GPA: 3.96
Re: Full Time VS Part Time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2019, 06:16
You can try some home based task (Freelancer ) Type job.While doing your MBA.Swicthing career is not a bad idea.But try high education in your cureent field itself
MBA Admissions Consultant
P
Reviews Badge
Re: Full Time VS Part Time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 03:12
The best business schools offer part-time MBA courses that are every bit as academically rigorous as their full-time cousins. The MBA degree is the same, you will still have the letters and the prestige of the school name associated with you, you will still learn an enormous amount of information and learn to juggle the hardship of an MBA as well as full-time work and personal life. I'm not sure how helpful will the part time option be with career switch or industry change, however business schools are offering very well-organized part-time MBA courses which provide alumni with the same qualification as a full-time MBA degree and taught by the same faculty.

For more info on part time MBA programs and a list of the top programs, please visit: https://aringo.com/part-time-mba-programs/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Full Time VS Part Time   [#permalink] 24 Mar 2019, 03:12

Full Time VS Part Time

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Hatakekakashi