Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Fuqua interview [#permalink]
Thanks guys. I am actually interviewing on campus. So hopefully I get to speak to adcom. This is very helpful. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Resume walk

Why MBA

Why Fuqua

Career goals

Teamwork experiences

Leadership experiences

Leadership Style

What leadership skill do you want to develop/improve at Fuqua

Clubs/Activities you will get involved in

(when I rattled off about 5 clubs, including some esoteric ones, she got excited and seemed much more interested in the interview, and the rest of the interview was a breeze - thank goodness, I had read the list of clubs in the lounge area while waiting for the interview!)

Something at work, or book you've read, that challenged your perspective and way you view the world

(Ive spent the last six years practicing law with a special expertise in asylum, refugee, and deportation defense, and relief under VAWA. She was kinda going through a checklist of questions. As soon as she finished asking this question, she looked up and said, this question is probably too easy for you. You must have a lot. I was just glad she asked the question. I did have a lot to say for that one, and could say it with great sincerity.)

Those were the basic questions. I'm sure I left out a bunch, but those were the biggies and a couple suprises for me. It went about an hour.

PS I didn't get the what do you do with an under-performing teammate Q, but I hear it is very common at Fuqua.

PPS Get a good night sleep. I live near enough to Duke that I worked a half day, drove in (90 minutes), and had a four pm interview. I also only managed 2 hours sleep the night before (nerves). I was exhausted by the time of the interview, and I really thought I blew it. At least, I know I could have been more concise but in my exhaustion, I just rambled through the first half feeling unfocused. I was depressed for a long time afterward. But, all's well that ends well. I got in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I interviewed at Fuqua earlier this year, and I think all interviews are done by students. Questions are pretty standard; why Fuqua, why mba, why now, etc. They asked examples of teamwork and leadership, so have a story ready for those.

I was surprised by two questions. First, what is my weakness as a leader and what will I do in business school to address it. Second, the interviewer asked how I would build a pro basketball team if able to choose any player. That was a fun question to think about and answer.

You'll enjoy the trip there. Make time to hit Chapel Hill, it's worth the trip and a great option for where to live. My wife and I would have lived there if Fuqua worked out.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]