Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1691 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Re: GMAT Frustration [#permalink]
cmugeria wrote:
I took a class with MGMAT back in April 09. I got busy at work with Budget and forecasts - during the mid year . I took the GMAT in Oct after studying the whole of Nov. ( i was not working) i got a 550 - 35 Q and 31 V. awa 4.5. I then went ahead and applied to schools with a mindset of Retaking it in Jan. I took the exam in Mid Jan and got the same score -550 with 41 Q and 24 V. AWA 5. I had applied to 4 schools Ross, Tuck, darden and Tepper. I got rejected by three and waitlisted by Tuck. They asked me to retake my GMAT - Waitlist movt is seen Beg of June. I started private tutoring in April with Manhattan Tutor, and she advised to give it a shot on May 2... to help me with stamina and also with a possibility of retaking it again beg of June. I took it again yesterday - score is the same 550 Q 39, V 26 AWA ? I am to meet with my tutor this week although I'm just really frustrated and have a couple of quest. My essay stories were compelling according to the adcom.

Should i bother retaking GMAT again? I am afraid that i might take it and its viewed -vely as i have scored the same score consistently. How many times is too much -retaking the GMAT?
Should i refocus my energy on other schools?

I am really torn especially because i know I'm smart, i just don't understand what it is with the GMAT. I am not from a background of standardized testing and this is a just my nightmare and the hold up in getting into a top MBA program. I know the material. I just cant get to perform well.
I have a unique background - i went to DePaul univ - non native English speaker. I studied finance and econ full-time classes
(evening) working full time at GE. I graduated with a GPA of 3.2. Clearly the GMAT is bogging me down.

Hi Cmugeria

I can understand your frustration even I am in the same boat as you.
However don't get disheartened. Don't think about the negative aspect of taking the GMAT again
give it your best shot again but before that work on your fundas
read success stories posted by GMAT club members, how they went from 450 or lets say 550 to 700+ (there are many)

Even I have not been bad at my studied but couldn't score more than 600 and I have attempted the GMAT 5 times
so don't loose hope analyse your mistakes, find the specific topics where you feel you are weak
practice lots of questions in those areas.

Give lots of mock tests only after clearing your fundas
and keep practicing untill you see the desired score

All the best
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Frustration [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37316 posts