GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 04:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GC's own consultancy

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
GC's own consultancy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 03:10
With most mba aspirants actively using gmat club as a medium to prepare for the gmat and learn about the schools to get into, wouldn't it be great if Gmat Club offers it's own profile review / application consultancy to also help aspirants reach their target schools

Now there are a lot of consultants on gmatclub associated with various companies and each consultant/company has a different price point. Not everyone can afford the niche consultants because of that were the case I'm sure everyone would spend 10,000$ or more for about 5 schools that they want to get into. I think given the brand that GC has in the fraternity, having a consultancy of its own to review applicants and send them to dream schools at a price point which is substantially lower than most companies would attract a lot of customers given the website's huge customer base.

Initially start off with some discounts and promotions for review process and after one round i.e R1/R2 of 2018-19 of application review, post results of converts, dings, reapplicant strategies for success etc and then discuss about how to take the idea forward, would be great in my opinion.

bb What do you think about this idea and how feasible is this?

Also if anyone thinks that it would/ wouldn't work, Please mention the reason for the same in the comments below. Let's Discuss

Regards,
HK

KUDOS if you think it's a good idea, even though you may say that it won't work
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GC's own consultancy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 06:55
Thank you for the suggestion and the post.

We have had a few folks suggest this approach over the years, esp. some of the candidates who have found free help from other fellow applicants super helpful. It seems an easy transition to start building a paid option. At the same time, however, it would immediately conflict with our neutrality since GMAT Club would be interested in selling its services. Soon after, quality would slide in a pursuit of profits, and then we would turn into either a cheap junky product or expensive elite product few can afford.

While I think it feels that getting into services is a logical next step, becoming a consulting company would go against our core principles. Moreover, I am not sure why we would be more efficient or cheaper than an average admissions consulting company - i wonder what makes you feel that? or that our quality would be better? I definitely appreciate the fact that you feel GMAT Club translates into more accessible and higher quality!

Thanks
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: GC's own consultancy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 11:49
bb wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion and the post.

Moreover, I am not sure why we would be more efficient or cheaper than an average admissions consulting company - i wonder what makes you feel that? or that our quality would be better?

Thanks
BB

It's just the fact that a lot of people have been benefited by the community/forum and in many debriefs they state that 'I want to give something back to the community' and I do feel that a lot of people who might not have posted their debrief feel the same.

If such an initiative is undertaken i.e not having a consultancy per se but offering application help/service

For example - Someone has applied on his own to top 30 college and has landed an interview call and is may be willing to give back something to the community, all such people initially can form some kind of a application review/analysis

I myself have posted on the ask admissions consultants forum and sometimes the replies are very late. If there was maybe a link/questionnaire with responses within say 6 hours bc a lot of members would keep track of who's responding to the queries asked

It's just that sheer amount of customer base that GC has which can be utilised to better suit people.

Now there may be experts who are willing to help as well. May be alumni of a college/current students and specific to their colleges queries can be resolved by them.

While trying to apply it is always advised to reach out to a current student but it hard to find someone to keep in touch with. If not application service providing such a service could be possible through GC

I may not have answered the particular statement in the question but

TLDR version -

more efficiency bc more people able to cater to a specific probielm ( too many cooks do spoil the broth but still different POV's add to better efficiency)
cheaper bc not all are money minded some might just help someone out and instead of money offer that person some rewards/badges etc ( best person to evaluate profile / help you with your goals etc)

P.S I hope all of this makes some sense
Re: GC's own consultancy &nbs [#permalink] 11 Feb 2018, 11:49

GC's own consultancy

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap