Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Re: Gift certificates [#permalink]
I see. In that case, I view this as a cost benefit trade off. How valuable do you think mentioning this extra "bonus" will be to your application? If you think it is highly valuable, then tack on a sentence or two explaining it in your optional essay. Personally, I don't think the adcom is going to put a lot of weight on it, so I would just lump it in with the bonus and be done with it. That one or two sentences could be used for something else (I know that your profile is somewhat complicated already, so why complicate it more?) or left out entirely. If you start adding extra details to your app that are of marginal value, I think you risk annoying the adcom.

I'm not trying to down play your accomplishment (nice job), but I think you should consider this piece of info. in the totality of your app. Is it going to be a difference maker in your candidacy? Given that you are high up the ladder already, I would say probably not.
Director
Director
 Q49  V45
Send PM
OK - thanks sudden. I did need a third person perspective to this. While it did mean a lot to me when I got it, it probably doesn't mean much to the adcom. It's just that my awards/honors section is going to look empty, so I was wondering if I could do something about it.
The money itself doesn't matter to me much as much as the CEO telling me he valued the all-around contributions to the company, as compared to other gift certificates, which were just for performance on individual projects - part of why I did not want to tack it on to the bonus.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Actually, this would be the perfect sort of comment to go into a letter of recommendation. This will carry more weight anyway since the adcom will probably discount anything you say unless it is backed up by others.
Director
Director
 Q49  V45
Send PM
That's a great idea! I will remind my manager of this certificate - to put in the recommendation.

Thank you, sudden. You have been a great help.
GMAT Club Bot