Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 21:56 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4100 [1]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Gmac/Pearson's incompetence [#permalink]
Kudos
it is frustrating but now that no option is there , I guess something like this happened may be because something better is in store for you... in terms of preparation there is not much of difference between both exam versions... give a mock of GFE you will easily adapt to it.. all the best
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
MTL123 wrote:

No unfortunately thats not possible currently but i have made myself mentally ready to give the focus edition now.I was just annoyed at GMAC's unapologetic tone mostly.
Anyways i could use your advice on how to go about preparing for the focus edition.i was getting a score around 680s in the practice exams of the Classic edition and on average i was making 8-9 mistakes each in both the sections.However in quant i was averaging 3 mistakes in geometry alone while in verbal i was making around 4-5 mistakes in SC alone so i am assuming i wouldve gotten a Q48-Q49 and a V40+ score had there been no geometry and SC on the classic edition.How do you suggest i go about preparing for the focus edition.I am looking for around a 665 score which i guess translates to around 720ish on the old GMAT if i am not wrong.

TIA

Have you considered getting some specific GMAT focus prep materials?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72905 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Gmac/Pearson's incompetence [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi. Sorry.

I don’t know what has been the reason but there have been a lot of cancellations of exams and appointments this month. I’ve never seen so many in the past.

I think your only other option would be to take the test online if there are no seats available in your location. However, if that is not an option in your situation, then the only other consideration is Travel.

PS. I personally had to travel because during my test dates there were no appointment slots and that worked out fairly well and me to relax a little bit.

I think you have a lot of reasons and rights to be frustrated with them and annoyed and have even stronger emotions but whatever the reason they canceled it, I think it’s gonna be hard to find an appointment spot. I’ll recommend checking multiple times per day just in case somebody cancels or there’s a spot that opens up 😬

MTL123 wrote:
I had a Gmat Classic Exam scheduled for 25th January 2024 but 2 days before the exam i got an email from pearson that they wont be able to deliver the exam so they will be cancelling my appointment.This is understandable as these issues can come up any time however i am very disappointed and honestly annoyed at their response to my concerns.The main issue that i have because of this cancellation is that the Classic GMAT will expire on the 31st and there are currently no seats available in my city till then to reschedule my exam and i cant take the exam online due to some issues.Now because of this i will have to give the new focus edition for which i will have to prepare for an additional month at the very minimum and also need to buy prep products for the focus edition which will obviously increase my costs.I communicated these issues to GMAC but instead of being empathetic they couldnt care less and gave me generic copy paste replies.Now my question to you all is that am i right in being annoyed at them because i honestly am really disappointed at how such a big organisation such as GMAC can cancel somebody's exam appointment unilaterally and then not even make an arrangment to find another date for that exam considering that a newer exam is soon replacing the old one.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Quote:
However in quant i was averaging 3 mistakes in geometry alone while in verbal i was making around 4-5 mistakes in SC alone so i am assuming i wouldve gotten a Q48-Q49 and a V40+ score had there been no geometry and SC on the classic edition.

Quote:
I am looking for around a 665 score which i guess translates to around 720ish on the old GMAT if i am not wrong.

Consider checking what's included/not included on the Focus version. Fair to say you may perform better since SC, for example, is not included. Might be worth taking an Official Focus mock to get a sense where you currently stand. You may already be at a 665+ level. You can also check some of the posts in the Share GMAT Experience subforum by people who switched from the classic to the Focus for any helpful insight.

GMAT Club Bot