Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: IT
 Q48  V28
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q39  V38 GMAT 2: 660  Q44  V38
Send PM
Re: GMAT 10/28- 640 Q48-V28 Planning to retake-Any foccusedhelp. [#permalink]
I'm in a similar situation as you. Did close to 3 months of preparing, but only 3 weeks of actually practicing test and plugged quite badly. :shock: Planning a retake as well, just not sure how long to keep between now and my second attempt.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10036 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi!

I chose a few sentences from your debrif:

mchhokar wrote:
....The first problem took me 7 minutes. It was difficult and first 10 questions were really time consuming. ... Last 4 questios were guesses because I ran out of time.
I wasted some of my energy in break thinking about one of the problems which took more time, that was not to be.
Panicked because of my bad expecttion of quant, I wasn't able to concentrate ... I ran out of time during last two questions and they were random guesses.
I did got a little tired in last 30 minutes and there was a period of 5-10 minutes when I was pushing my mind to get back to focus and reading critical reasoning/ sentece corrections again and again....

My 2 cents:

1) Time. You guessed 3+2=5 questions because you ran out of time. This is your potential 50 points at least. Work always with timer and you will feel when 2 min passes and you need to go to next question.

2) Concentration (thinking about past problem, panicked, pushing my mind to get back to focus). There is only one beast at the moment and you need to nail it down over 2 minutes. Exaggerate! It helps trick your mind and helps be focused. Think that this SC reveals the most important concept that you were looking for past 4 years.

I agree with BB, don't delay retake.
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V28
Send PM
I am taking it again on 15th December. Dont want to delay lest I loose interest. Your verbal score looks good. Push a little on quant and you are through.
cheers!
drukpaGuy wrote:
I'm in a similar situation as you. Did close to 3 months of preparing, but only 3 weeks of actually practicing test and plugged quite badly. :shock: Planning a retake as well, just not sure how long to keep between now and my second attempt.
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V28
Send PM
You are hundred percent right on those two. Good analysis.. Concentration and glazed eyes is my only problem and I am trying to get rid of it.
Thanks...

walker wrote:
Hi!

I chose a few sentences from your debrif:

mchhokar wrote:
....The first problem took me 7 minutes. It was difficult and first 10 questions were really time consuming. ... Last 4 questios were guesses because I ran out of time.
I wasted some of my energy in break thinking about one of the problems which took more time, that was not to be.
Panicked because of my bad expecttion of quant, I wasn't able to concentrate ... I ran out of time during last two questions and they were random guesses.
I did got a little tired in last 30 minutes and there was a period of 5-10 minutes when I was pushing my mind to get back to focus and reading critical reasoning/ sentece corrections again and again....

My 2 cents:

1) Time. You guessed 3+2=5 questions because you ran out of time. This is your potential 50 points at least. Work always with timer and you will feel when 2 min passes and you need to go to next question.

2) Concentration (thinking about past problem, panicked, pushing my mind to get back to focus). There is only one beast at the moment and you need to nail it down over 2 minutes. Exaggerate! It helps trick your mind and helps be focused. Think that this SC reveals the most important concept that you were looking for past 4 years.

I agree with BB, don't delay retake.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts