GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 07:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • All GMAT Club Tests are Free and open on November 22nd in celebration of Thanksgiving Day!

November 22, 2018

November 22, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Mark your calendars - All GMAT Club Tests are free and open November 22nd to celebrate Thanksgiving Day! Access will be available from 0:01 AM to 11:59 PM, Pacific Time (USA)
  • Free lesson on number properties

November 23, 2018

November 23, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Practice the one most important Quant section - Integer properties, and rapidly improve your skills.

GMAT 1st attempt - Screwed

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1st attempt - Screwed  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2018, 09:05
Guys ....I really need help here . After studying for almost 6-7 months ( longer duration in my case coz had not touched math since 6 years , had to start right from scratch )., I finally gave GMAT today and scored an absolute pathetic 560 . I've no answers what just happened . I'm devastated coz in official mocks , I used to get 670-680 . In all official mocks I got around that mark. I just could not believe when that score flashed 560. Please help . What should I do now . I bought one of the best online products out there in the market. ( Quant TTP and verbal egmat ) , and I believe my concepts are clear coz if if my concepts aren't clear, I would not have got 670 average in all official mocks . Now I don't even know what to study . What to do . Deadlines for R2 are in December . Like a kid , I cried after seeing that score today . Helpless , answerless ,. I was waiting for this day and this just happened . Pls help. What can I do now ? Note : I'm new to Gmatclub .

egmat ScottTargetTestPrep

Posted from my mobile device
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: GMAT 1st attempt - Screwed  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2018, 18:09
Hi harshutd1993,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day didn't go as well as planned. When these types of score drops occur, the two likely "causes" involve either something that was unrealistic during practice or something that was surprising (or not accounted for) on Test Day. Before we discuss either of those issues though, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) What type of study routine were you following? Did you take any 'time off' from your studies during the last 6-7 months? How many hours did you consistently study each week?
2) On what dates did you take each of your practice CATs and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
3) What were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for your Official 560?

Goals:
3) What is your goal score?
4) What are the exact application deadlines for each of the Programs that you plan to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

e-GMAT Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 23:40
Hi harshutd1993,

I am sorry to know that your scores were not in line with your expectations. In order to give you precise inputs, I would like to check the data of your preparation on Scholaranium and course dashboard along with all the information you have shared here and your ESR. Please send over your ESR through the registered email id to support@e-gmat.com.

Regards,
Aditee

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 10:07
Hey harshutd1993,

I’m sorry to hear how things went with your GMAT. I’d like to troubleshoot what is going on so we can get you on the right path for your next GMAT. I just sent you a DM so we can hop on a call and chat further.

I’ve got your back, my friend. We will get this all sorted out.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT 1st attempt - Screwed &nbs [#permalink] 30 Oct 2018, 10:07

GMAT 1st attempt - Screwed

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, EMPOWERgmatRichC, bb

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap