Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 264 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Berkeley Haas
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 425 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT 550 after GMATPREP 660?! [#permalink]
If I were in your situation, I'd just apply and stress on the experience. Just my 2 cnets
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Really depends on where you want to go, I think you should retake it. Also it won't be that hard to improve math score.
Cheers :-D

hey btw, why would a surgeon want a MBA? Does it help you to climb into high ranks in a hospital settings or would you want to start your own practice? Thanks, if you don't mind to share.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
suntaurian wrote:
How many prep verbals did you take ? Were you consistently between 44-48 ?
And which verbal tests did you take ? How many GMAT Preps did you take ?

took the gmat prep twice, then reinstalled for another two. verbal was alway 44-48.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
billyjeans wrote:
Really depends on where you want to go, I think you should retake it. Also it won't be that hard to improve math score.
Cheers :-D

hey btw, why would a surgeon want a MBA? Does it help you to climb into high ranks in a hospital settings or would you want to start your own practice? Thanks, if you don't mind to share.

thanks for all the input. i plan on retaking it on 4/29 and using the veritas on demand prep.

two reasons a surgeon needs an mba; one is that my office employs 30 people and has revenue of 4 million a year, but the five partners take home less and less every year. we have no idea how to run it as a business. no idea why overhead eats up 70% of revenue, no idea how marketing can help us, no idea how accounting methods can help or hurt at tax time. no idea how to improve quality and customer(patient) satisfaction. its like performing surgery without a solid foundation in anatomy; it can be done but it isnt smart or safe,
second reason is that in 10 years i want a job. government provided health care is going to be a disaster; just look at the VA and medicaid systems.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Government health care will be disastrous. But there will still be many many specialties that universal health care just won't cover. Having an MBA will help to segment demographics and needs and marketing may be your strongest asset. Go for it, and good luck. Getting another 100 points or so shouldn't be too hard for you. This is nowhere near as hard as an MCAT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
A surgeon, at the age of 45? You should consider EMBA programs. GMAT is not required for most. Just a suggestion.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
humbled4real wrote:
A surgeon, at the age of 45? You should consider EMBA programs. GMAT is not required for most. Just a suggestion.

no, the top 20 EMBA pretty much want the gmat. the local programs, crummer, UF, stetson, central florida, Miami i can get without the test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Send PM
hey... u know what.. you should just not bother with GMAT. let me take it instead and hire me to help you run operations :) !!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
haha, that idea wouldn't be half bad, seriously, why not find some analyst and consultant that maybe able to help you. by the time you finish your school, isn't it too late to save your practice? I mean drafting a new fire prevention plan isn't going to stop an ongoing fire isn't it?

I think 45 is too old for MBA, you might want to go for the emba. But in any case, retake it, and quant should be easy to work. Go over on your weaknesses, identify each of them by category first.

:-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
good input!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]