Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 23:06 It is currently 18 May 2024, 23:06
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 1297
Concentration: International Business, Economics
GPA: 3
WE:Law (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16699 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22264 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Re: GMAT 650-660 level score prep [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Regarding prep courses, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant and verbal courses, and also read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11685 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Saarthak,

From your post history, you have clearly spent some time over the last 3 years studying for the GMAT (meaning that you are not really "beginning" your studies at this point). Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on your prior studies and your goals:

1) Have you taken the Official GMAT yet? If you have, then how did you score (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
2) What type of study routine have you followed since 2018? How much study time have you put in during 2021? How many hours do you typically study each week?
3) What study materials have you used over the course of ALL of your studies? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
4) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled scores for EACH)?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes I have spent time doing questions here but it not has helped. I have given official gmat mock test offered by GMAT.com. My score in these test has varied from 620-630. My objective is to score 650-660. Therefore i need material, which can help me improve score only till 650-660 range.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
If any one can help me that will be great. I have no intentions of score 700 plus. Therefore I need guidance to score 650-660 range

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3529 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
saarthakkhanna04 wrote:
I have no intentions of score 700 plus.

This is a slightly disheartening statement Saarthak. People in the 610-620 range do regularly aim for, and achieve 700+.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1313 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-scoring ... 88156.html

Might be worth checking this out to see the type of score combo you should aim for.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I would propose that you first do the free trial exams available from GMAC to gauge your level. Then after that, determine how much time you have to study. I would then recommend that you use TTP (Target Test Prep) Program which I reckon should actually help you score much higher than your target.
The course has very detailed explanations for both Quant and Verbal and I think it will be great for you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Education aisle-I know my friend the statement is disheartening. I have been preparing for three years but no lucky. I sure there is something wrong with my prep but the time I have in hand and considering my abilities. I am going to be happy with a 650 score. Even for the score for 650 I'll prepare as if I am going to score 700 but I'll take 650. I apologise but you take decisions in your life considering a lot of factors around you.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Saarthak,

Considering how far back in time that your post history goes, it's possible that you developed some 'bad habits' during your early studies that are currently keeping you from scoring higher (and we'll have to fix those habits - and ultimately replace them with new 'good habits' - before you will be able to consistently score at that higher level). As such, we really need to define your prior work up to this point in more detail to make sure that you are properly studying going forward.

1) Have you really not used any other study materials than working through random questions on GMATClub? No books? No courses?
2) You mentioned taking some of the Official CATs (from www.mba.com)? Which ones? Have you used any other “brands” of CATs/mocks?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled scores for EACH)?

Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMAT 650-660 level score prep [#permalink]
Answer to question 1- I have solved Kaplan's guide.
Answer to question 2-no other brands. Free ones and those you pay for after gives free ones.
Answer to question 3- gave to mocks last year during lockdowns each was fifteen days apart. Verbal was ranging 28-32 and quant was ranging- 43-44. Highest score was 630.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Saarthak,

If it has been at least 6 months since you took a CAT/mock, then you should plan to take a new one sometime soon (perhaps this weekend) - so that we can better define your current 'ability level.'

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC (the 2 free CATs, and each of the 2 that come with Exam Pack 1 and Exam Pack 2), but retaking a CAT that you've already taken is NOT a realistic way to assess your skills - since you will likely see some 'repeat' questions that you have already faced. Unfortunately, seeing even a couple of repeats can 'throw off' the Scoring Algorithm and impact your pacing, energy levels, fatigue, etc. (meaning that they would likely all appear to be better than they actually are). Thankfully, the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you correctly take the CAT in a realistic fashion).

Make sure to take the CAT in a realistic fashion that matches-up with what you will face when you take the Official GMAT (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, if you will be at a Test Facility, then wear a face mask, etc.). Once you have that Score, you should post back here (or you can PM me directly) and we can discuss the results and how you might best proceed with your studies.

Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks everyone for your comments and help. Yet I am looking for material to score 650-660 in gmat.

Tutor
Affiliations: RetaketheGMAT by i4Excellence
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi haithamnimer

You've been at this for a while. I think a change in approach will help a lot.

We've got a FREE live GMAT Readiness Assessment session that we offer. It's live with a GMAT performance coach.
You'll get a tremendous boost in understanding why you're falling short and, more importantly, the focus on the fastest way to get to your target score.

Let me know if you're interested.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
I have been studying for several months and worked through lots of different prep materials. Here are my favorites (including links to free practice tests). Hope this helps.

Best Free Practice Tests:

2 Free official GMAT practice tests

Free Veritas practice test

Free Manhattan practice test

Free Kaplan practice test

Best Paid Practice Tests:

Exam Pack 1 & link to Exam Pack 2 on this page

7 Veritas practice tests

6 Manhattan practice tests

6 Kaplan practice tests (comes with the Kaplan book)

Best Books:

GMAT2021 Official Guide with additional online tools

Manhattan book set (includes 6 practice tests)

Best GMAT Course & Guarantee:EmpowerGMAT[/url]

Best Practice Pad:

Manhattan’s yellow pad

If you found this list useful, please consider smashing the +1 Kudos button!
GMAT Club Bot