GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 23 Apr 2018, 12:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 730, Low Quant Score, High GPA, HBS 2+2, Do I Cancel Scores?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 730, Low Quant Score, High GPA, HBS 2+2, Do I Cancel Scores? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 09:54
Hi,

Title says it all pretty much. I go to a top 5 liberal arts school, majoring in Computer Science and Economics.
Just took the GMAT with < 1 week of prep (HBS deadline is April 10)
Got 42 Verbal, 8 IR, then 47 Quant which puts me in 63rd percentile of quant.
I really messed up during the quant section, spent too long on one question and had 2 minutes left for the last 5 questions.
Really disappointed in my performance, and am thinking that if I had prepped more or done a practice exam I could've done better.
I know HBS 2+2 is highly competitive, so should I cancel my scores and re-take?
I can't re-take if I don't cancel my scores, because I have less than a month before the deadline.
Any input would be super helpful!!

Thanks.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: GMAT 730, Low Quant Score, High GPA, HBS 2+2, Do I Cancel Scores? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 14:51
This may depend a bit on what demographic you are coming from but I am inclined to tell you to keep the score and just try to focus on the rest of your application. The rest of your profile seems fairly strong from the limited info provided. The only thing for you to really evaluate if you are really confident that you can do better, if you do with the limited time available that is something worth considering but I think a 730 is probably a strong enough score as is

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
B
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton
Re: GMAT 730, Low Quant Score, High GPA, HBS 2+2, Do I Cancel Scores? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 20:01
Hi there,

I would say to go for it. Schools typically like to see a raw score of 48+ on the quant and you are just shy of that. A high GPA from a top 5 liberal arts school, with a major in Computer Science and Economics, will give the school comfort that you can handle quantitative concepts, and therefore, the rigor of the curriculum.

I hope that helps!

Best,
Shaifali
(HBS Grad/MBA Admissions Expert)

Ivy Groupe, Founder/CEO
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting

Blog: https://www.ivygroupe.com/blog
Email: info@ivygroupe.com
Phone: 646.801.5190

Click here for GMAT Club Reviews!

Re: GMAT 730, Low Quant Score, High GPA, HBS 2+2, Do I Cancel Scores?   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2018, 20:01

GMAT 730, Low Quant Score, High GPA, HBS 2+2, Do I Cancel Scores?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap