It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 21:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Breaks Shorter

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 92

WE 1: Investment Banking - 6yrs
GMAT Breaks Shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2009, 08:10
GMAT Breaks Shorter as of July 17th

We’ve received word through the grapevine that GMAC is shortening all break periods during the test by a total of 15 minutes, effective July 17th. This change has yet to be confirmed - we’ll update this blog post as soon as we receive official confirmation.

The primary change for students is that breaks between sections will be 8 minutes each instead of 10 minutes. Those 2 minutes can be significant, as most people go to the bathroom between sections. So it’s something to be aware of.

The other 11 minutes come from the time allocated to read Instructions, fill out background info, and decide whether to see your score.

However, none of the allotted times for GMAT Content areas will be affected (i.e. 2 30-minute essays, 75 minutes for Quantitative and 75 minutes for Verbal).

Why is GMAC making this change? Hard to say. It could be that shortening the total appointment time by 15 minutes would allow more appointments at the margins. Or it could be an added security measure so that people have less time to do anything non-test related during break periods. Whatever the rationale, a stressful experience just got a little bit more intense.

http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... july-17th/

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 92

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 6

Schools: INSEAD (Attending Aug 2010), Oxford (Admitted), Cambridge (Admitted)
Re: GMAT Breaks Shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2009, 01:28
I can confirm that this is true. I wasn't aware until I arrived at the test centre yesterday. Breaks are 8 indeed 8 minutes. I don't think this makes a significant difference - but I guess it depends on test centres. I was able to go to the bathroom and have a drink and half a snack bar well within that time. But the test centre was small. So not sure how it effects bigger sites. Hope this helps those preparing to take the test after this. :)

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT Breaks Shorter   [#permalink] 01 Aug 2009, 01:28

GMAT Breaks Shorter

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap