GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 13:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT CLUB EP1 and EP2 QUESTIONS will repeat on MOCKS

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
GMAT CLUB EP1 and EP2 QUESTIONS will repeat on MOCKS  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 03:32
Dear,

I have been studying for my second try on the GMAT. I am done with the OG12 and OG18 and decided to go after more official questions. Besides the OG Review 19th (both Quant and Verbal) I have found on this amazing forum a lot of questions from GMAT PREP (EP1, EP2, OG and OG Review) for pretty much every topic covered in the GMAT. You can find them on GMAT CLUB - FORUM - VIEW FORUM TAGS. I am still not allowed to post links.

My questions are:
1. Will these questions I am doing on gmat club platform repeat when I take the MOCKS EP1 and EP2?
2. Or are they retired questions?

Because if the answer for question 1 is YES, I might benefit myself from many repeated questions and get an inflated score when I try EP1 and/or EP2. Am I right?

What else material would you guys recommend me then in order to do not get repeated questions when I try EP1 and EP2?

Thank you very much for your help and attention. I appreciate it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT CLUB EP1 and EP2 QUESTIONS will repeat on MOCKS  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 04:37
if you attempt questions from EP1 and EP2, you will see the same pool of questions in the mock test and will thus get an inflated score...

for verbal attempt at 600-700 level questions from the following sources: Official guide, official verbal review, manhattan, lsat...do not attempt gmatprep questions or else you'll see the same questions in the test

for quant again solve all 600-700 level questions available on the forum...you can experiment with the different free resources available...if possible buy gmatclub CATs, if you have enough points, you can even get it for free by redeeming your points

use the following link to search for questions...
https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags

If you find my post useful, please give me a kudos.

Thank you.
Regards,
ENEM

If you wish to spend wisely on your gmat prep material, check my post titled: How to Spend Money On GMAT Material Wisely, link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-buy-gmat-material-wisely-tag-free-gmat-resources-236174.html

Simple and handy template for CR: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-and-handy-template-for-cr-242255.html

simple template for more vs greater and fewer vs less: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-template-for-more-vs-greater-and-fewer-vs-less-242216.html

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 04:38
murilorcastro wrote:
Dear,

I have been studying for my second try on the GMAT. I am done with the OG12 and OG18 and decided to go after more official questions. Besides the OG Review 19th (both Quant and Verbal) I have found on this amazing forum a lot of questions from GMAT PREP (EP1, EP2, OG and OG Review) for pretty much every topic covered in the GMAT. You can find them on GMAT CLUB - FORUM - VIEW FORUM TAGS. I am still not allowed to post links.

My questions are:
1. Will these questions I am doing on gmat club platform repeat when I take the MOCKS EP1 and EP2?
2. Or are they retired questions?

Because if the answer for question 1 is YES, I might benefit myself from many repeated questions and get an inflated score when I try EP1 and/or EP2. Am I right?

What else material would you guys recommend me then in order to do not get repeated questions when I try EP1 and EP2?

Thank you very much for your help and attention. I appreciate it.
You should avoid doing GMATPrep questions outside of the GMATPrep platform. The score estimate will not be very reliable unless the questions are "fresh".

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 11:16
To answer your question, if you practice with official GMATPrep practice test questions and then see those same questions on your practice exam, then yes, your score will be inflated.

Additionally, you may want to avoid a study plan that centers on only doing practice questions. While practicing questions is an integral part of GMAT prep, practicing questions, prior to mastering content is a losing proposition. So rather than jumping straight into practice questions, you will need to follow a study plan that consists of linear learning FOLLOWED BY focused practice.

I’m happy to provide some further advice regarding your study plan, but first I’d like to learn more about your GMAT situation. I have some questions:

1) How many practice GMATs have you taken? Please list the dates on which you took any practice GMATs, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests. Also, please tell me where these tests came from (ex: mba.com).

2) To what programs will you be applying? What are the deadlines for these programs?

3) By when would you LIKE to take the GMAT? By when MUST you take the GMAT?

4) For how many hours a day, on average, can you study between now and your next GMAT?

5) What is your desired GMAT score?

You also may find my article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT helpful.

Feel free to reach out with further questions.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT CLUB EP1 and EP2 QUESTIONS will repeat on MOCKS &nbs [#permalink] 03 Aug 2018, 11:16

GMAT CLUB EP1 and EP2 QUESTIONS will repeat on MOCKS

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap