Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 334 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 322 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 406 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 2: 760  Q50  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: GMAT CR Ques... [#permalink]
Here is my reasoning for E.

This is a weaken the conclusion question. The conclusion is that removing advertising will aid in halving the sales of wildflowers because advertising cause sales. One supporting premise is that the wildflowers cannot be cultivated by gardeners. So if it is found that cultivating them is possible, the premise is shot and the conclusion is weakened.

E exposes exactly this finding.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OA is

Has anyone given gmat prep test 2. Some how as I started to answer verbal of test 2, I became discouraged and with a heavy head felt that I won't make it. I dunno whats happening. And I have my test in less than a week.

Verbal is a tension for me I guess. :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 322 [0]
Send PM
Greatchap,

I took my first GMATPrep and scored very less in verbal although a fair Q47 in quant. So, I know I have to conc on verbal and with it comes the most boring tasks of SC, and RC.
I admit that I have improved in CR after 2 weeks (when I went through Powerscore Bible). Earlier I used to rush in order to do more problems in a given time for practice. But now, for me since time doesnt pose a major problem except in RC, I concentrate on techniques and try to keep cool and take each question as an interesting problem rather than a load of another boring problem.

You would be surprised at the results when you change your attitude towards a question. Although I am sure that you would have your own advice for me after your test, I would just suggest you to take this week to cool off, take time to go over techniques of CR, read a good book and chill.......give your brain a breather for the D-day.

Let us know how you do ...........at the end, I think, oh well, in the worst case....what will happen- you may have to give it again.......and so what!! Many ppl give it......but the brighter side is......you will never have to see that OG again :) and that makes you feel a lot better........

All the best Chap.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gmatprep09 wrote:
Greatchap,

I took my first GMATPrep and scored very less in verbal although a fair Q47 in quant. So, I know I have to conc on verbal and with it comes the most boring tasks of SC, and RC.
I admit that I have improved in CR after 2 weeks (when I went through Powerscore Bible). Earlier I used to rush in order to do more problems in a given time for practice. But now, for me since time doesnt pose a major problem except in RC, I concentrate on techniques and try to keep cool and take each question as an interesting problem rather than a load of another boring problem.

You would be surprised at the results when you change your attitude towards a question. Although I am sure that you would have your own advice for me after your test, I would just suggest you to take this week to cool off, take time to go over techniques of CR, read a good book and chill.......give your brain a breather for the D-day.

Let us know how you do ...........at the end, I think, oh well, in the worst case....what will happen- you may have to give it again.......and so what!! Many ppl give it......but the brighter side is......you will never have to see that OG again :) and that makes you feel a lot better........

All the best Chap.

Thanks a lot gmatprep09 for your encouraging words. I gave GMAT last year and at that time I had not studied verbal much. So I scored a 48 in Quant but messed up verbal. Though this time I have studied verbal, I am still messing up SC (specially) and other things. This is my final attempt and I won't be giving gmat in a long time if I dont do well this time (several reasons). In less than a week I somehow need to study like dunno what to at least make sure that my verbal goes in the mid thirties or around. Lets see how things goes. :?: :?:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 322 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I think, in the last week, for SC, instead of going through different material, go through the OG questions. I am doing OG the second time and still goof up sometimes. so, what I am doing now is going through all the questions and after a week, I will go through these again to make sure that I understood the rules behind the questions which I had wrong the first time.

If you have an error log with you, go through that. OG questions have all the variety (this is what I feel) and in less time, I would go through it to be conceptually sound.

All the best agian.......
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Your are right, I will go thru OG and OG Verbal guide only. Thanks. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
gb82 wrote:

This is a weaken the conclusion question. The conclusion is that removing advertising will aid in halving the sales of wildflowers because advertising cause sales. One supporting premise is that the wildflowers cannot be cultivated by gardeners. So if it is found that cultivating them is possible, the premise is shot and the conclusion is weakened.

Yes, I have the same answer. E.

By the way, Good luck for the D-day greatchap. :)
Relax, go with a cool mind and you'll crack it.
Do share your experience. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aknine wrote:
gb82 wrote:

Yes, I have the same answer. E.

By the way, Good luck for the D-day greatchap. :)
Relax, go with a cool mind and you'll crack it.
Do share your experience. :)

Thanks a lot dude for your support. I will give my best and share my experience in the appropriate forum. I hope you guys also do well and have a good time. Cheers ... :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1141 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
GMAT 2: 720  Q50  V36
WE 1: 7years (Financial Services - Consultant, BA)
Send PM
E for me too

---
(2:09)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
E for me too.
If you look at the other aspect of the option where you can find it is supporting the negative aspect of the passage. E is the only option which is exagrating the fact that the wildflowers can be grown in Nurseries using the money earned by selling the flowers.
So if -ve aspect is becoming stronger then obviously it will create doubt on the +ve aspect of the passage.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Guys then what is the problem with A in this case...please explain....verbal is going to eat me for sure..... :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Thanks and Regards,
JAXTOR

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Critical Reasoning (CR) Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts