It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 12:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Delayed : How to gain momentum again

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
S

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 32

CAT Tests
GMAT Delayed : How to gain momentum again [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2017, 00:23
This post received
KUDOS
Dear All,

I am planing to give my GMAT exam in December. I am working professinal and will have free time from Mid November. I have been Preparing for GMAT since august but due to lack of finishing touches i kept delaying the exam. I am strong in CR, RC , PS. Sentence correction is my weak area for which i am using Egmat since one week. I need to give the exam by December as i am targeting a PHd Admission in US or Canada.

ANy help or guidance will be great . I would request if the moderators or experts can guide for the same.

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 32

e-GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount Codes
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
G

Kudos [?]: 8942 [2], given: 111

Re: GMAT Delayed : How to gain momentum again [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 12:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Taz1307 wrote:
Dear All,

I am planing to give my GMAT exam in December. I am working professinal and will have free time from Mid November. I have been Preparing for GMAT since august but due to lack of finishing touches i kept delaying the exam. I am strong in CR, RC , PS. Sentence correction is my weak area for which i am using Egmat since one week. I need to give the exam by December as i am targeting a PHd Admission in US or Canada.

ANy help or guidance will be great . I would request if the moderators or experts can guide for the same.

Dear Taz1307,

I'm happy to respond. :-)

My friend, it's paramount that you know what you want. It's a tragedy of human life that so many people are unsatisfied because they truly are not in touch with what they want. It's not just a matter of knowing verbally, in a head way. You have to feel what you want. You need to feel the drive from your core to move toward what you want. You see, motivation and momentum are not primarily head-things--they come deep within your body and from the core of who you are.

Think about it. What do you want to create in your life? What do you want your life to be about? What is the statement you want your life to make to the world? When you are on your deathbed at the end of your life, looking back on what kind of life would bring you the most satisfaction? What would bring you a sense of bliss, a sense of living from your deepest purpose? Once again, the "answers" to these questions do not come from a head space. As much as possible, you need to find the time & space to quiet your head, so you can contact the deep knowing of your core. If you can connect to meaning & purpose & drive at that level, then you will have all the motivation you need.

Are you willing to commit to taking the GMAT with every cell of your body? Are you willing to approach with 100% drive and determination? It doesn't really make sense to sit for the GMAT if you are lily-livered, ambivalent, half-in and half-out. The GMAT simply eats up all the people who approach it with flaccid willpower, the people who don't really have any connection with what they want.

Can you get excited about your own capacity for excellence? When a student fixates on a score, that score is outside of you: external motivation is hard to sustain. If you can get excited about your own drive and determination, you own capacity for excellence, regardless of the outcome, then that's internal motivation--it drives you deeper and sustains longer. It's a paradox that fixating on the goal can be something that prevents you from reaching the goal.

I would urge you to embrace the habits of excellence. Read that piece and all the linked blogs. If you can embrace the habits of excellence in a wholehearted, whole-life way, then you will be unstoppable.

Does all this make sense?
Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. — William Butler Yeats (1865 – 1939)

Kudos [?]: 8942 [2], given: 111

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 0

Re: GMAT Delayed : How to gain momentum again [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 06:03
This post received
KUDOS
The thought behind the tip is generally straightforward: Do your minimum top choice, most-essential assignment before anything else. You can spend whatever is left of your day knowing you've fulfilled something troublesome. Also, effectively discover the vitality and inspiration to achieve increasingly charming assignments.
I comprehend the commence of the efficiency tip, I truly do. I know countless effective individuals who swear by it. What's more, some of the time, it is the ideal approach to begin your day.

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 0

Re: GMAT Delayed : How to gain momentum again   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2017, 06:03

GMAT Delayed : How to gain momentum again

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap