GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 04:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.
  • Free GMAT Prep Hour

December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

03:00 PM EST

04:00 PM EST

Strategies and techniques for approaching featured GMAT topics

GMAT — did better but help.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT — did better but help.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 12:01
Hello.

I retook the GMAT and my score went from up not much. My current scores are low (think less than 20% bad) Here’s the importance:
1. How long did you study before each attempt at GMAT? First one not so much(1 week). Second one could have done better (2 months)
2. What studying martial did you use for each attempt? KAPLAN self study for the second and first. Second was Manhattan prep online exam, Brandon Wu ‘How to score 780 in 30 days’, a KAPLAN class and tutor plus flash cards from Barron.
Goals:
3) What is your score goal? 530. I thought I was scoring above that on Kaplan and Official GMAT Practice Test but I guess not.
4) When are you applying? Now. I’ve sent in my applications but I have until August to send in my scores.
5) What schools? Maryville University, Webster University, and UMSL.

Goal:
Take a practice test in a few days. Don’t study. Review what I got and group where I need to improve. Then use a study template to start studying. I plan on for April studying 2-3.5 hours everyday except during the week of April 24th to April 30th (finals) after finals I plan on studying for four to five hours.

I would love to get a high score so in 5 years I don’t have to retake it to get my MBA. I’m studying to get my MSA and have applied for GA positions. They just need my GMAT. I’m taking the test between May 21 to 31st.

Let me know if you have any tips or suggestions. Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 02:07
Hi,
If your target score is 530, it can be a mix of Q38/V25 or Q34/V29 or Q30/V33. Whatever the combined score (Q+V) reaches 63, you will achieve 530.

First, it is very important to know your current skill level for quant and verbal respectively, then you can develop your strategies for the target score of quant and verbal score.
Second, consider which one (quant or verbal) is easier to improve in a short period of time.

We are specialized in math only, we can just give you advice on math.
Considering your target score (assuming maximum Q38), this is very easy for you. If you can hit Q38, you can be much relieved in verbal score.
As said above, knowing your exact math skill is important. Please click the link to take our diagnostic test using 73 questions and receive comprehensive assessments and study guide to hit your target score. click

Finally, we would like to share the link below. Hear actual students give their opinions of our courses after taking the exam or during the course study ; https://gmatclub.com/forum/math-revolut ... 24118.html

For any inquiries, please send us an email at info@mathrevolution.com

Happy Studying!
Jin
Math Revolution Team

MathRevolution: Finish GMAT Quant Section with 10 minutes to spare
The one-and-only World’s First Variable Approach for DS and IVY Approach for PS with ease, speed and accuracy.
"Only $99 for 3 month Online Course"
"Free Resources-30 day online access & Diagnostic Test"
"Unlimited Access to over 120 free video lessons - try it yourself"

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 11:32
Hi Jin!

So with the new changes that are going to be implemented in April 16th, could I take the diagnostic like that or is it set up like the old version? I did sign up for MathRevolution tutorial so I’ll get on that. My math scores are pretty low & I think I should focus on Quant then Verbal.

Thank you for responding to my question. I look forward to using the MathRevolution to study!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: GMAT — did better but help.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 12:21
Hi msatobe,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) You stated that you retook the GMAT. How did you score on each attempt at the Official Exam (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?
3) Is there a specific reason why your Score Goal is 530? Is that a minimum score requirement for the Programs that you plan to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 20:34
Hi Rich!

1) Um my scores were low (think 5%) I plan on taking a GMAT diagnostic tomorrow (this week has been crazy) and seeing where I need to improve.

2) for the rest of April I’m thinking 14 hours a week and for may I’m think 24 hours a week (not including practice tests too)

3) 530 is the minimum score. The one I would love to get is a 730 but unless I can get a 93% on Verbal and a 79% on Quant I don’t think so. I thought I was in that range (I scored pretty close on some practice tests so maybe take more of those?)

Yep. Third times the charm, right?

Sincerely,
Msatobe

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 11:38
Hi msatobe,

To make sure that you're focused on the proper content and Tactics going forward, we really need to know your exact scores on the Official GMAT (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores). When you took the Official GMAT, were you given an Unofficial Score Report afterwards? If you recently took the GMAT, then you don't have to take a new practice CAT at this point.

Rich

Rich Cohen

www.empowergmat.com/

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2018, 06:42
Hi Rich,

My new scores go as follows:

Q21, V16 score: 340. That is with a class, and a tutor. Sorry for the late reply. I've been doing math for nearly everyday this month.

Like I said, 530 is where I need to be. I prefer to have a higher Quant score than Verbal due to the nature of my masters.

Thanks!

msatobe

Posted from my mobile device
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2018, 15:01
Hi msatobe,

The end of May is just 4-5 weeks away - and if this 340 is from your 2nd Official GMAT, then you will likely need far MORE time than that to raise a 340 to a 530+.

1) Do you have an Official Test Date yet (and if so, then what is it?)?
2) Have you taken any NEW CATs (in the new, shorter format) yet? If you have, then how did you score?

If you have not taken a new CAT yet, then it would help to know how effective your recent math-focused studies have been. As such, you should plan to take a CAT soon. Both MGMAT and Veritas have reformatted their CATs to the new version. You should take a NEW CAT (with questions that you have NOT seen before) and take it in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that score, you should report back here and we can discuss how best to proceed.

Rich

Rich Cohen

www.empowergmat.com/

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT — did better but help. &nbs [#permalink] 24 Apr 2018, 15:01

GMAT — did better but help.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap