Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Exam Error [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Bummer. Sorry natheodore about that and sorry I did not see your message earlier.
Yes, this happens quite rarely but it does happen sometimes and this issue has been corrected by the GMAC in the past with a free retake or sometimes I believe they have adjusted the score even!
These are rare but these situations do happen (e.g. one time I believe the question prompt was missing - my memory is fuzzy though).

Have you heard back by now?

natheodore wrote:
Hello,

I took the GMAT exam 2 days ago and encountered a quant question that was supposed to have an information graph, but nothing appeared.

I spent an amount of time panicking, trying to refresh the question, etc.. thus resulting in a very sub-optimal score and poor test taking experience.

I have already asked the counter in the in-person test center to raise a ticket, but I am told by PearsonVUE that I will need to contact GMAC instead, since they do not have anything to do with the contnet of the xam, but the delivery of the exam.

Has anyone faced this issue before and will GMAC revoke the test and provide a complimentary retake?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Bummer. Sorry natheodore about that and sorry I did not see your message earlier.
Yes, this happens quite rarely but it does happen sometimes and this issue has been corrected by the GMAC in the past with a free retake or sometimes I believe they have adjusted the score even!
These are rare but these situations do happen (e.g. one time I believe the question prompt was missing - my memory is fuzzy though).

Have you heard back by now?

natheodore wrote:
Hello,

I took the GMAT exam 2 days ago and encountered a quant question that was supposed to have an information graph, but nothing appeared.

I spent an amount of time panicking, trying to refresh the question, etc.. thus resulting in a very sub-optimal score and poor test taking experience.

I have already asked the counter in the in-person test center to raise a ticket, but I am told by PearsonVUE that I will need to contact GMAC instead, since they do not have anything to do with the contnet of the xam, but the delivery of the exam.

Has anyone faced this issue before and will GMAC revoke the test and provide a complimentary retake?

Hi bb,

I heard back from GMAC. GMAC mentioned that it isn’t their issue to handle, and told me to approach PearsonVUE to address this issue. As mentioned at the post above, I was informed by PearsonVUE that they did not find any issue with the exam and thus will not provide any retake.

I am very sure that the exam has an error, and other threads have mentioned the same error that I faced as well. Im not sure what to do moving forward… I only informed PearsonVUE that they should look into it again as I’m very sure that the exam has an error.. (this retake costs the exam fee and the opportunity cost of studying over 2 months…. Thus the heavy heart upon hearing the bad news from PearsonVUE)

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ugh. That is super annoying. I am sorry!!!

Did you remember which question number it was? It seems so weird that there is not a central ownership for the test experience. I understand the different systems in different providers but it seems like GMAT could have handled this instead of sending you in a roundabout way.

I guess you can give it one more shot with Pearson, and be as descriptive as you can, with the single goal of determining, if a question indeed, was referencing a diagram, but did not contain it. That’s how you want them to confirm and then armed with that information. Complain to GMAC? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts