GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Aug 2019, 02:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT for a general student

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Premium Member Reviews Badge
GMAT for a general student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 19 Jul 2019, 01:55
Often we see students scoring 700, 760, 740 or any other score above that magical number, "700". I suppose everyone gets filled in with enthusiasm of how the GMAT could be cracked that easily. Trust me friends,it is no piece of cake. GMAT IS an exam for professionals. Normally, students in college prepare for GMAT during college and give it before they start working. A clever strategy, however, the people who actually have a chance at admissions, the people who study along side work, have a pretty low score.

The average score falls due to such reasons. Now coming to the topic, you must understand that the 700 threshold needs a lot of time and energy. Rome wasn't built in a day. You cannot expect to jump from an official score of V27 to V36 in a week. GMAT needs time. If you're a fresher, please take out as much time as you can to do so. People who work need to get a decent score of 700 to just have a chance at the university they are targeting. Just stay focused, respect the exam and respect the time, you'll get that score you so desperately desire.
Follow this link https://gmatclub.com/forum/beginner-to- ... s#p2313182

Originally posted by Businessconquerer on 18 Jul 2019, 14:32.
Last edited by Businessconquerer on 19 Jul 2019, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Re: GMAT for a general student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 00:19
Businessconquerer - Thank you for taking time to create a topic - we value your contribution; however, the topic is too generic and test takers are pretty much aware of these details. Hereafter, please make sure to add more substance to your posts. For instance, how would you advise to test takers to balance work and study or share ways to stay focused during the GMAT preparation. Let's not create a forum topic that adds very little value to forum members. I hope you would understand. Thanks.

New to GMAT Club or overwhelmed with so many resources? Follow the GMAT Club Study Plan!
Not happy with your GMAT score? Retaking GMAT Strategies!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 01:56
DisciplinedPrep wrote:
Businessconquerer - Thank you for taking time to create a topic - we value your contribution; however, the topic is too generic and test takers are pretty much aware of these details. Hereafter, please make sure to add more substance to your posts. For instance, how would you advise to test takers to balance work and study or share ways to stay focused during the GMAT preparation. Let's not create a forum topic that adds very little value to forum members. I hope you would understand. Thanks.

My apologies, I've attached the link that I forgot to attach previously. Thank you for reminding me. I'll make sure.
Target Test Prep Representative
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2019, 08:54
Very good points! I actually wrote an article that addresses this: The Phases of Preparing for the GMAT.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT for a general student   [#permalink] 28 Jul 2019, 08:54

GMAT for a general student

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep