GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 16:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Gmat Imprtance and Acceptance rate for PhD Business kn USA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Gmat Imprtance and Acceptance rate for PhD Business kn USA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 07:02
Why does admission for PhD require GMAT? Why do you think it's important.(I'm talking about US universities here)

I've done my Bachelor's with 4.0 GPA and currently pursuing Masters in which I scored 4.0 GPA in first 2 semesters, both from India and the masters will be completed by May 2019. I'm going to give my GMAT by next month end. I'll be applying to US universities for fall 2019.

Please suggest me the score range that one has to score for an intake? Yes I know that a high GMAT score is required but as my academic background is strong, will a score that is not in 700 range be good enough for the admission? I'm not sure whether I'll be scoring well. Can you also suggest some good universities?

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Director
Director
V
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Gmat Imprtance and Acceptance rate for PhD Business kn USA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 08:12
mittu wrote:
Why does admission for PhD require GMAT? Why do you think it's important.(I'm talking about US universities here) [/i][/b][/size]

Scoring in one country or university might me easier than another hence ADCOMS look at GMAT score to make an apple to apple comparison.

mittu wrote:
I'm not sure whether I'll be scoring well. Posted from my mobile device

Report with your actual score after giving GMAT and then it would be easier to answer this question. If you have scored well in your grad and under grad then why do you feel you will not score well in GMAT?

"Please hit :thumbup: +1 Kudos if you like this post" :student_man:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me"

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 09:45
Thanks a lot!

Idk but I'm pretty nervous plus bcoz of master's commitment, my confidence is little low. But yeah, my concepts are strong. Just that I need to work on strategies!

Posted from my mobile device
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
D
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 22:32
mittu wrote:
Why does admission for PhD require GMAT? Why do you think it's important.(I'm talking about US universities here)

I've done my Bachelor's with 4.0 GPA and currently pursuing Masters in which I scored 4.0 GPA in first 2 semesters, both from India and the masters will be completed by May 2019. I'm going to give my GMAT by next month end. I'll be applying to US universities for fall 2019.

Please suggest me the score range that one has to score for an intake? Yes I know that a high GMAT score is required but as my academic background is strong, will a score that is not in 700 range be good enough for the admission? I'm not sure whether I'll be scoring well. Can you also suggest some good universities?

Posted from my mobile device

Hello mittu

What do you mean why they require it and why is important ?

There is no single serious master or PhD program that will not require standardized tests, such as GMAT or GRE and furthermore TOEFL/IELTS if we are talking about international students.

The ones you may find that do not require it are not serious programs and their degree will mean nothing to you or add any value to your career.

I never saw PhD program that do not request it in my field if specialization, but just heard there are some in other fields, however I would doubt seriousness and quality of that kind of program/university.

Why does it matter is that is convenient apple to apple comparison of all possible candidates, who comes from various backgrounds and from various teaching institutions all over the world, where even in the same filed programs may not be that comparable in terms of quality, structure, subjects, how hard is to score high mark or not etc.

Moreover, purpose of standardized tests is to measure your readiness for graduate studies on English and predict your possibility of completion.

As for your other questions, keep in mind that GMAT is only one aspect of application, think of it just threshold that you need to be in range to satisfy condition and yes of course you can get it in with score below 700.

It is quite easy to find good universities in your field or in general for PhD in Business, however wait until you take GMAT and then we can find your fit based on facts and your preference.

Good Luck ! :cool:

Your kudos are much appreciated

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Gmat Imprtance and Acceptance rate for PhD Business kn USA &nbs [#permalink] 24 Sep 2018, 22:32

Gmat Imprtance and Acceptance rate for PhD Business kn USA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carcass, billionaire

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap