GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Aug 2019, 01:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT in 3 weeks

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT in 3 weeks  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2019, 11:20
Hi Experts

I have applied to ISB through the YLP program and cleared the first stage. I am preparing for the GMAT now, which is required for the second stage. The deadline for the second stage is 31st August and so I have decided to take the test a week before the deadline i.e 24th August. I had started my preparation in March, but due to work and semester end exams I couldn't dedicate enough time for the preparation. My baseline score was just 400. Now, 2 weeks back, after almost a month of dedicated preparation my score was 540 (MGMAT Mock). I haven't taken any other test since then. From my score, I have observed that my Quant section is not going good and I have been working on it since then. Verbal scores are also not very good, but slightly above average and I feel I can get above V40 in the official test.

Now as I have only 3 weeks in hand for the test, I am not quite sure if I can make it to the 700+ level. As there won't be any chance for me to take a test later, because the deadline is 31st August for stage 2 of ISB, I am also thinking to reschedule the test and forgo the opportunity for ISB.

But if I do that, I don't know which are other good B-Schools that offer similar education like ISB. Also, I don't have any full time work experience, I have worked part-time for the entire undergraduate duration.

If anyone could help me regarding this decision and suggest some good B-schools, in case ISB doesn't works out for me.
Even if I'm writing on the scheduled date, I need to submit my scores to 4 other schools other than ISB.

So what could be some good options for my profile?

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: GMAT in 3 weeks  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2019, 20:01
ArbaazRajani wrote:
Now as I have only 3 weeks in hand for the test, I am not quite sure if I can make it to the 700+ level. As there won't be any chance for me to take a test later, because the deadline is 31st August for stage 2 of ISB, I am also thinking to reschedule the test and forgo the opportunity for ISB.

But if I do that, I don't know which are other good B-Schools that offer similar education like ISB. Also, I don't have any full time work experience, I have worked part-time for the entire undergraduate duration.
I think you should take the exam so that you can apply now. You can always take the exam again later if YLP doesn't happen.

On the other hand, if you want to take the exam only once, you should take an official practice test soon, and take a call on the basis of that score.
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2019, 22:44
Hi AjiteshArun
Thanks for your response.

In case, I am taking the test on the scheduled date, I'll have to send my scores to 4 other schools right? In that case, which schools would be some good options to consider in T-50?

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2019, 22:05
ArbaazRajani wrote:
Hi AjiteshArun
Thanks for your response.

In case, I am taking the test on the scheduled date, I'll have to send my scores to 4 other schools right? In that case, which schools would be some good options to consider in T-50?
You can choose up to 5 programs on test day, so if you are not sure which ones you want to apply to, you can choose to send your score only to YLP.

Of course, it'd be better if you marked 5 programs, but program selection is usually not as straightforward as just picking some good programs from the top 50 (there are a lot of good programs in that set).
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 20:11
Hi ArbaazRajani,

I agree that it would be helpful to take an official practice exam ASAP to get an updated baseline score. Once you do so, please report back here with your score breakdown, and I can provide some further advice.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT in 3 weeks   [#permalink] 05 Aug 2019, 20:11

GMAT in 3 weeks

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep