GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 04:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT in person coaching required to score 750

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT in person coaching required to score 750  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 07:50
Hi

I have been preparing for GMAT for the past 2 months using Magoosh online subscription and scored 540 in the Mock Test. I feel I need professional coaching to close the 150-200 marks gap. Can someone please suggest any good coaching institute in Delhi NCR?
Magoosh Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V46
GPA: 4
Re: GMAT in person coaching required to score 750  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 08:27
prateetchhatwal wrote:
Hi

I have been preparing for GMAT for the past 2 months using Magoosh online subscription and scored 540 in the Mock Test. I feel I need professional coaching to close the 150-200 marks gap. Can someone please suggest any good coaching institute in Delhi NCR?

Hey! I don't know any tutors actually, but I think that you can do it on your own. From my own experience, it's quite sufficient to work alone if you have the right strategy and know your strengths\weaknesses. Generally, tutors coach in groups which is not that effective. However, if you find a good one, then you should definitely go for it and try . Anyways, Good luck! Ace the GMAT! :-) :-) :-) :-)

---------------------------------------

Kudos are more than welcome! :angel: :angel: :angel:
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 15:43
Hi prateetchhatwal,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) Did you take just the one practice CAT? When did you take it? How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
2) What is your exact goal score? Is it 690? 750? Something else?
3) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
5) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 00:12
Hi,

1) I have taken this one CAT only.
2) My exact goal score is 750
3) March 8th (will re-schedule to June if I don't improve)
4) Fall 2018

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi prateetchhatwal,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) Did you take just the one practice CAT? When did you take it? How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Rich
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 00:12
Hi,

1) I have taken this one CAT only.
2) My exact goal score is 750
3) March 8th (will re-schedule to June if I don't improve)
4) Fall 2018

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi prateetchhatwal,

Rich
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 16:40
Hi prateetchhatwal,

To start, the 750+ score is approximately the 98th percentile - meaning that 98% of Test Takers never score that high (regardless of how long they study or the number of times that they take the GMAT). Thankfully, NO Business School requires a score that high - so it's important to realize that the score that you "want" and the score that you "need" are not the same thing.

Raising a 540 to a 750+ will likely take at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. A March 8th Test Date gives you just about 6.5 weeks of study time though, so you might need to consider pushing back your Test Date.

1) When did you take this CAT?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

Rich

Rich Cohen

www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 23:09
Hi,

Agreed on your point - the score that I "want" and the score that I need are different, but for the colleges that I am targeting (Mainly in India - ISB, S.P. Jain and IIM-A), I require a score within 730-750.

1) I took this test on 20th Jan'18
2) I can invest around 17-20 hours per week

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi prateetchhatwal,

To start, the 750+ score is approximately the 98th percentile - meaning that 98% of Test Takers never score that high (regardless of how long they study or the number of times that they take the GMAT). Thankfully, NO Business School requires a score that high - so it's important to realize that the score that you "want" and the score that you "need" are not the same thing.

Raising a 540 to a 750+ will likely take at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. A March 8th Test Date gives you just about 6.5 weeks of study time though, so you might need to consider pushing back your Test Date.

1) When did you take this CAT?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

Rich
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2018, 13:36
Hi prateetchhatwal,

From your last post, I assume that you're going to continue studying for the GMAT until you score at least 730. Is that correct?

Given that Score Goal - and this recent practice CAT Score - you're likely going to need at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study to get up to that level. Since you're not planning to apply to Business School until this Fall, you have plenty of time to study, so you can approach this process however you choose. That having been said, trying to 'cram' for a March 8th Test Date will likely NOT the best use of your time - so you might want to consider other options.

Rich

Rich Cohen

www.empowergmat.com/

Re: GMAT in person coaching required to score 750 &nbs [#permalink] 23 Jan 2018, 13:36

GMAT in person coaching required to score 750

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap