It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 10:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gmat informations

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 13:38
Good evening ,
I'm a 5th year graduate student from a moroccan business school ( Ecole nationale de commerce et gestion ) majoring in finance and accounting .

I will apply for the 2018 summer enter to some masters in finance ( not a MBA) in france ; germany ; UK and canada .

Will the GmAT compensate for my low GPA ( in our country its hard to get high GPA )

Im targeting a 650+ score.

Thank you .

Age : 23
WE : 3 internships
Major in finance and accounting


Sent from my GT-I9506 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
VP
VP
User avatar
V
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 1261
Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 18:46
mehditarbouu wrote:
Good evening ,
I'm a 5th year graduate student from a moroccan business school ( Ecole nationale de commerce et gestion ) majoring in finance and accounting .

I will apply for the 2018 summer enter to some masters in finance ( not a MBA) in france ; germany ; UK and canada .

Will the GmAT compensate for my low GPA ( in our country its hard to get high GPA )

Im targeting a 650+ score.

Thank you .

Age : 23
WE : 3 internships
Major in finance and accounting
Your schools should take into account the difficulty of the program you mentioned. But yes, generally it's a good idea to get a high GMAT score to offset (somewhat) a low GPA.
_________________

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 06:56
Thank you for your answer.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 07:22
Mott1940 wrote:
Hi there! As I see, you write this your post quite long ago. Tell me please, what results do you have now? Did you get any helpful information on this forum for you?

Hello my friend ; i wrote it yesterday ;do you mean the gpa results ?
Im searching for people to confirm that they had low gpa anf they were accepted into BS ( master in finance ) with a good score in the gmat .

Schools : Skema BS ;manhheim BS ; frankfurt bs ...

Sent from my GT-I9506 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 17 Jul 2017
Posts: 107
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 07:28
Hi,

A low GPA can be offset by GMAT. You can also explain about that in your essay and may be highlight your achievements in essay that will offset the low GPA.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 07:35
ss3617 wrote:
Hi,

A low GPA can be offset by GMAT. You can also explain about that in your essay and may be highlight your achievements in essay that will offset the low GPA.

What score are we talking about ?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 17 Jul 2017
Posts: 107
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 07:42
650+ score, which you are targetting will put you in great advantage.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 08:17
ss3617 wrote:
650+ score, which you are targetting will put you in great advantage.

Thank you my friend .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
P
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 10747
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 16:25
Hi mehditarbouu,

A strong GMAT score can certainly help to compensate for a 'weak spot' in your application, but it's not the only aspect of your application that you can strengthen 'relatively quickly' (strong Essays and/or a strong Interview can also greatly improve the strength of your Overall application). In addition, you might consider taking a College-Extension Calculus or Statistics Class. Scoring at a high level in those types of classes would show Admissions Committees that you CAN handle the 'academic' side of their Programs (and those math concepts are relevant to the work that you'll do in most Programs).

You're ultimately asking Admissions questions though, so you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of them here:

http://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admission ... tants-124/

1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on each of your practice CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?
4) What is your goal score?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 17:23
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi mehditarbouu,

A strong GMAT score can certainly help to compensate for a 'weak spot' in your application, but it's not the only aspect of your application that you can strengthen 'relatively quickly' (strong Essays and/or a strong Interview can also greatly improve the strength of your Overall application). In addition, you might consider taking a College-Extension Calculus or Statistics Class. Scoring at a high level in those types of classes would show Admissions Committees that you CAN handle the 'academic' side of their Programs (and those math concepts are relevant to the work that you'll do in most Programs).

You're ultimately asking Admissions questions though, so you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of them here:

http://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admission ... tants-124/

1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on each of your practice CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?
4) What is your goal score?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Thank you for your long a detailed response .

I will get my master 2 ( equivalent to bachelor + master of 2 years ) in finance by june 2018 , and im 23 years old .

I did some practice test ; and i can evaluate my level . Now, I will get around 550 and i'm targeting mid-range elite school .

About the material ; till now i didnt buy any of it , im using some free stuffs . If u could advice some good publisher it will be good .

Thank you for your interest.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
P
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 10747
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 11:17
Hi mehditarbouu,

I'd like to know a bit more about the practice CAT Test(s) that you've taken and your timeline:

1) What were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores on each of your CATs?
2) Did you take the FULL CAT each time (with the Essay and IR sections)?
3) What are the application deadlines for the Schools that you plan to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 12:30
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi mehditarbouu,

I'd like to know a bit more about the practice CAT Test(s) that you've taken and your timeline:

1) What were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores on each of your CATs?
2) Did you take the FULL CAT each time (with the Essay and IR sections)?
3) What are the application deadlines for the Schools that you plan to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

I didnt take any full test yet , the timeline for schools is mid-june
I have 3 months to prepare .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
P
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 10747
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: Gmat informations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 12:41
Hi mehditarbouu,

You could potentially accomplish a great deal with 3 months of study, but until you take that initial practice CAT and start studying, we'll have no way of knowing whether 3 months will be enough time for you to hit your Score Goal or not.

When you begin your studies, you should start by taking a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Re: Gmat informations   [#permalink] 22 Dec 2017, 12:41
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Gmat informations

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.