Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT Date: 11-12-2012
GPA: 3.42
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business
Schools:HBS,Yale, British Columbia Business School, Wharton Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Concentration: International Business
Schools:HBS,Yale, British Columbia Business School, Wharton Business School
Send PM
Re: GMAT Intro [#permalink]
Thnx. But, i wish i could manage time to participate with you. But, it may not be possible.
No prb. Here, everything is possible via online.
I have right direction bt merely manage time to go for it. It's time for yours to grab it. Mine is next.
In GMAT CLUB, you have everything.
At the very 1st, we can download GMat club flash card, wishplash quant flash card, bang bang CR guide, beat the gmat flash card,manhattan flash card.
Then start preparing. Oh... Download GMAT CLUB Math book.
Then go for one topic and chek for practice prb in the forum as it's quite easy for topicwise Quant and verbal directory.
It will save your time.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey everybody, Here is Frank Murraay and I'm new member to this forum. Site is result of suggestions of search engine and after visiting this site I'm really very thankful of them as they gave me such a wonderful site were we can enjoy discussion on various topics.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Fariz, and welcome to the GMAT Club!

For a BBA graduate, the GMAT's Quant section will probably be not that big a problem. You'll likely have to do a fair amount of revision to refamiliarise yourself with the high-school-level concepts that you've probably forgotten by now, but it shouldn't be difficult for you to score a 40+ Q score.

The Verbal segment may take a bit more getting used to, since you're not a native English speaker. However, if you tackle all of the three books that you already have, you should be able to get a feel for what sort of answers the GMAT asks of its students. The great thing about the GMAT is that it doesn't really ask that many different kinds of questions; if you practise enough, you will at some point be able to recognise the form of the question you are attempting, and be able to answer it by employing roughly the same method used to answer previous questions of the same form.

If you want a score of 740+, you're going to have to make sure that you score well on both V and Q. Keep running through practice questions, and take note of where your weakest areas are. Chip away at these weak areas, and you should slowly see your score on practice tests begin to improve. Finally, note that a 740+ score is not a requirement for the MBA programs you listed - or for any other MBA program, for that matter. The average/median GMAT scores at the schools you listed seem to be around the 660 mark; if you can hit anywhere above 600 or so, then your GMAT score probably won't immediately eliminate you from the running for a spot at any of those schools.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@FrankMurraay. Hello and Welcome. Greetings from Bangladesh. Yes. GMATClub perhaps is the best site for GMAT. Here you have the master test takers and decent consultants on GMAT all converge into the same place. Although it is a shame I don't use this site pretty much, but i keep myself updated after one week or so to keep seeing people getting 700+ scores and their stories to keep me motivated. My major weakness probably my consistency. It really quite happens a lot if I go through well in 1 week the next week it would be disaster! Can't balance the level actually. That is what I fear.

DonQuixote: Thank you for that insightful info. Yes I do know that i Don't actually need 740 to get myself those universities I have mentioned. I still have 1.5 months ahead and planning to give myself a full jump. I am not a decent scorer. Honestly I didn't give any standardized test before except TOEFL few months back. I consider myself a mediocre student. But I know if i give myself a full shot then definitely I can improve. The score I have mentioned so that I can push myself to the limit. With that kind of score I think I might feel the pressure and urge to obtain it.

I don't think I am good at quant , but I know I can learn from my mistakes. What I fear in GMAT probably DS.

Thank you.:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V34
GPA: 3.1
WE:Sales (Transportation)
Send PM
Good luck for your projects, man. Looking forward to here about your progresses and gain inspiration.

Cheers.
GMAT Club Bot